Now I want Brian Robison to

Becker

Name
Becker
XTREME1 said:
I have been number one for years in Marshfield

LOL...

Yes, and now that Fred is pulling the strings, if he did not have content within the website you would not appear on Google if someone put in "Carpet Cleaning Marshfield"
You don't just stay number one, or listed just because you were once there.
Fred is still making sure you appear in Marshfield.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I don't know how it works but I am active all over the community and I don't care how I am number one but Greg Crowley alone increases my ranking and because I do not follow up advertise people have to google xtreme

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Dave what is your problem? Do I have to move to a different area and concur that one as well? I play the hand I am dealt I am sorry you live in a less than desirable area

Becker

Name
Becker
Dave, over 1300 people google "carpet cleaning Lincoln" per month..

You are number one with stars and reviews.

How many vans you have going?

I bet your phone rings off the hook 24 - 7..

Or as the kid form 2 1/2 men would say.. I bet it rings 31... You know.. 24 + 7

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
the urinal cake is an awesome addition, oh wait it was your pic

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Becker said:
Dave did not even read what I said.

Becker touched on something very important.

Google places can only do so much for some people.

If you have many small cities then Google Places will only get you into one of them.

That's why my advertisement up top on Mikey's Board says "Get Another Listing On Google"

I add pages for those cities that you don't have covered.

Fred is a really smart guy...he taught me a ton of things but I will never be at that level....nor do I ever want to be. My dick is in my hand way too much to want that kind of knowledge.

He does the 100%

I do the 20% that get's you 80%

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
who really cares. Again like you said in the past two different products. I am not sure how it broke down into a pissing contest because I was happy with the results. We book 60 jobs a week the only problem I have now is turning away jobs because of service times. I can't attribute that to you guys but what I can say is I was always busy but now I have a new influx that I didn't

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
yes I am . I have lost a couple but most leave a message and I get back by the end of the day most of the time but I find some wait days for a call back. I have a meeting in the moring with a call center

G

Just a quick note before this account gets wiped...................

It does not matter how many competitors there are for an area if the competitors that are there are entrenched. In areas like braintree, plymouth etc you have 10+ year old domains (local/non franchise-major factor), lots of indexed content, and tons of backlinks. These things take a long time to overcome.

Also, in these areas many times it is harder to "jump" directories". I would MUCH rather work in an area with a large pop that displayed a merged 10pack and was likely to search one term and where Google gives authority/ prime position to locals.

Add to that many of the terms like "carpet cleaning plymouth" are not US specific. Competition is multinational. Just search "carpet cleaning plymouth" to see what I mean. Google's default is to the UK EVEN when the default location is set to MASS. So you are depending on a longer tail........or the short which belongs to the big dogs........

Youkum is in one of the easiest areas around. If I had access to Dirk's site and places listings Dave would move down quickly. Hell I have Dirk at 2 with NO ACCESS. (he has dropped since G did an update at midnight...but he'll be back in a few hours...bye bye pics/logos for now) With access to Gemini and others I could move him out of sight. See all the green?

lincoln.jpg

Dave is a f'n joke...a lucky f'n joke but a joke nonetheless.

As for B he provides a service....one that many seem to be happy with and I'm ok with that.........although I don't completely understand it. Its more of a parlor trick, that although I'm sure he would disagree, I taught him.

To prove the point I threw up a couple things for "carpet cleaning duxbury" where we "overlap" within 12 hours I have MOST of the listings on the front page. nothing special because it was EASY. I didn't optimize or prettyize any of them but they are there. Simply a loophole in Google's quest for fresh content but they usually don't stick longterm. I can do it all day long in "minor" areas. SITES are actually harder especially when there are many targets. It is the secondary "goal" for me but I use it to push the competition down the page.

cheers,
Fred

PS..........you guys shooting for "carpet cleaning your city" are missing out....................and thats all I have to say about that. </code>

RickL

XTREME1 said:
I am not sure how it broke down into a pissing contest because I was happy with the results.
I was thinking the same thing myself! The thread started out to be interesting information to me anyway but sure went south.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom