Now That I've Seen A Judson TM

roro

Name
Ross Craig
GeneMiller said:
I guess I'm out of the norm but I like bells and whistles. I like a machine that has that high tech look. I'm always shocked when I stop by to chat with a fellow cleaner and their truck and machine looks like something put together in a junk yard. And they wonder why they aren't busy.

Gene
Here is a very good reason not to get carried away with the "bells and whistles"
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28402
Living a long way from manufacturers one of the main reasons that I chose to buy a simple machine (Predator) for my last truckmount was that I do not have to worry about proprietary components. From memory there is only about one item that I can't have serviced and/or purchase locally.
If I was buying again I would have no problem with Accelerated, Judson's, TCS or perhaps Cobb's.

roro

Bob Foster

The engine and blower exhaust is diverted outside the truck so that I can run the unit with the doors shut for noise or security reasons when I'm downtown. The truck box has a dual power ventilation system,

The exhaust will get hot but then I'm bright enough not to touch it. Kind of like when you are running a table saw you keep your fingers away from the blade.

Speaking of burns I said to Willy touch this fitting on my wand hose. He grabbed it and blistered his hand. That was after holding the wand key open for 5 minutes. I got huge heat if I need it with my #4 Little Giant.

CleanEvo

Bob Foster said:
admiralclean said:
I have always wondered if it is a requirement to be ugly as hell before you are allowed to be a carpet cleaner?

Well to be a carpet cleaner you need to be at least two out of the following characteristics

Have ADD
Completely incapable of working for someone else
Be stubborn
Be fat
Always be broke
Be ugly
An eternal optimist
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Bob Foster said:
The engine and blower exhaust is diverted outside the truck so that I can run the unit with the doors shut for noise or security reasons when I'm downtown. The truck box has a dual power ventilation system,
Bob,
Are you able to show us how the ventilation system is set up on your truck? :?:
A unit we are replacing had a thermal switch that caused it to shut down if we left the doors closed for more than about 30 minutes. As my probable intention is to replace it with a gas heated unit I am concerned about the even higher heat that will be generated inside the canopy.

roro

ps just for Ozzie Jim - inside the "Pantec" :p :p :p

Bob Foster

This one pushes outside air on the plant

TNTonpropane-1.jpg

and this one sucks air out of the truck

tankrack-1.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
You can see the exhaust air vent in the upper right of the box
Copyof08-12-10Newtrucksignage9.jpg

da31de91.jpg

Watch the video at about 1:50 left, I show the exhaust fan. th_08-09CanAmtour.jpg
I didn't show that there is a 2nd fan just to the left of the CanAm which draws cold air in across the unit when I close the doors. Its warm inside after an hour of working, but not that "hot".

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Thanks for that Bob, I will need to do something similar.

Congratulations Ron on such a well set up truck ; it must be a pleasure to work from.

roro

Willie P/Bill,

Thanks for the compliment on our unit and Bob's concept truck. A lot of people don't know this, but Bob's TNT is 22 years old. i feel this is one of the big advantages Judosn has over any other truckmount system; that we have so many units still in operation that are over 25 years old. As I mentioned before, this is Bob's concept truck.

The layout is very unique. Bob needs to post more photos. Ron's truck is also Bob's first concept truck. Once you build the system, it is in a box and when the vehicle needs to be replaced, you just jack up the box with all the equipment still in place, purchase a new cabin chasis and simply reinstall.

I will post some photos of a new TNT. We have not really changed the design that much in 35 years. Why mess with a good thing?

kdk_0136.jpg

100_3055.jpg

100_3062.jpg

100_3070.jpg

100_3077.jpg

G

I think it's a fine looking machine. In fact looking at a good working machine kinda makes cry a little.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Les, when I saw the machine it was so sensible and not over engineered that it almost makes me want one. I was amazed when Bob told me it was 22 years old.
Engine - Yep
Blower - Yes
Pump- Certainly
Heater - OUCH! My blister!
What else do you need?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I understand the need of a small footprint, but when I look at the TNT/CanAm, and then I look at the Legend/Saphrire, world of difference!
Bob's open concept layout works very nice. Its really nice to be able to pull what I need from the shelve and mix and fill right there, no stooping into the truck, no valves and hoses to fill from.
Sure makes clean up nice too!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I stand corrected that machine does look nice. I still don't like the position of the blower exhaust.

Gene

CleanEvo

Those units look like no BS cleaning machines... and I bet it must be nice to be able to stand up inside.

Very nice.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Ron that's true but I don't like anything in the front of my machine. You don't even attach the garden hose when needed to the front of mine. Yes, I know that I'm weird. By the way, I saw a video you did and I have to say that I'm impressed. I use that video to show new techs and get their impressions. I showed a guy who had been cleaning carpets for 30 years and he thought that you were an idiot. I didn't hire him. I've found it easier to train someone who has never cleaned carpets then to deal with people with lots of experience . What does that say about our industry. Maybe it says something about me. :oops:

Gene

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've often had the same thought, if I were to hire someone, previous experience may be detrimental to their being hired. Why try and retrain bad habits?

What you were saying about hook ups not being in front of the machine, thats been an idea of mine for a while. I hesitate to share it now with all the "idea" stealers lurking :wink:

basically, there's an engine compartment and at the back or wherever, its all busn, tools, chems, hookups, and the only thing you see of the TM is a set of guages. I guess its like a pto unit. I was thinking slidein though in a nice laidout box. One stop shopping. My old Big Red unit I was always running around the truck, back door for this, right door for that, left door for something else.
This new CanAm is very nice to work with.

Back
Top Bottom