Now this is a good Manufacturer!!!

The Preacher

As some of you know i OWNED an Accellerated Predator from Duane Oxley for the past 3 years. in that time i've put 3 couplers on it (700 hours) and kept on keeping on. Well Duane knew it was a problem with alignment or so he thought! turns out he had some frames built that were not as thick as he thought, soooooooooo instead of just shipping me a life time supply of #7 Lovejoy couplers he's building me a NEW frame.

now get this, i sold the TM and van last month and he's no longer obligated to me for anything, but has agreed to do the frame switch for the new owner as he would have done for me!!!

i wounder how many of the big boys would do that for one of their USED TM's :?: :?: :?:

you boys can poke fun at DooDaddy, but he's been a great friend the past 3 years and i have NEVER been broken down a day that i couldn't clean! i've done it without hot water while waiting for a thermostat (good chems will do that for you) and about pulled my hair out with little things that were easy fixes once i got him on the phone.

so i'll go on record as saying that if your in driving distance of Atlanta and don't look at one of his machines your doing yourself a dis-service!!!

I know Les Jones gets alot of well deserved run around here, he's a class act in more ways than just a TM and Chem guy, and i consider him a friend, but Duane gets my respect for his outstanding service to me for the past 3 years.

Thanks DooDaddy!!

F

FB7777

does this mean yore pimping doodaddy truckmounts at you plunger shop now?

The Preacher

Mikey P said:
Any chance you got special treatment because you're Danny the BB rock star?

NO!

he discovered the problem with another owner who came to his shop for coupler issues and noticed the frame flexing under load.

i need a free 20" GLS due to my internet celeb if anyone wants to hook me up???

Chad has one, but he's ax'n a steep price!!!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
That's the way a builder keeps customers. Good job.

i wounder how many of the big boys would do that for one of their USED TM's
If they built a bad frame I'd guess they'd fix it too.

I took a tour of the HM manufacturing facility today. They build their own frames in jigs so they never have a flexy or out of square frame.

The Preacher

Duane has a local fabricator make his, they just used a metal that was a little thin by a few hundredth's. probably a mistake made in China since i'd bet thats where the steel came from??? :evil:

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Mikey P said:
Any chance you got special treatment because you're Danny the BB rock star?

No.

When I found out about the steel tolerance thing with the customer Danny mentioned above, I changed the thickness from 3/16" to 1/4" to prevent any further occurrences of such a problem. But that didn't address the two that got through. Repairing or replacing the frames does, however.

The thing is that the fastest way to correct the problem, in terms of turn- around time, is to have a new frame waiting when Danny shows up. To take his current frame out, take the system apart, weld supports in, paint it, etc. would take too much time. Besides, the new frame design I came up with after Danny's is so much better, it just makes sense to do a full upgrade to it. (Hey, it's not a total loss. I will reinforce Danny's "old" frame and then build a system out of used parts on it...)

I'd do the same for anyone with a similar problem. I used to do similar things for Fon, years ago, when he visited more often- upgrading his system to whatever the latest version was at the time.

While he's at the shop, Danny will get to see some of the other systems I've developed, like the Xcel and the Nemesis... probably one of the new Dominators as well.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
New Name For Dannys Carpet Cleaning Business

"Every Other Week Carpet Care"

Golden Boy

Back
Top Bottom