O/O per year

Name
I'm Rick James
I am working on some stuff for my business and looking for outside info.

O/O

How many jobs do you do a year and what is your goal?

How long did it take to reach your goal?

What % does your marketing budget consume?

How long have you been in business?

While I am working on the trucks my goal is 600 jobs a year solo and around 750 with a helper. I only like to do 3 jobs a day solo, because of all the effort that goes in to complete a job. I am only going to focus on a 25 mile radius from my house, which is close to a million people. As of today I have a 3 % return on those door hangers, hope to get it up to 4-5%. Keep you updated.

Thanks for any input you offer.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I'm about 3 years into my business
I have done a little under 70K year to date
I am doing a little of everything: Janitorial, tile and carpets.
I budget 4-5K on marketing / advertising.

Brent, What is your average job total off those door hangers so far?

Name
I'm Rick James
ACE said:
I'm about 3 years into my business
I have done a little under 70K year to date
I am doing a little of everything: Janitorial, tile and carpets.
I budget 4-5K on marketing / advertising.

Brent, What is your average job total off those door hangers so far?

Out of the 1000 door hangers I have only been able to hand out 100 give or take a few, started doing that last monday. I did one job yesterday from the door hanger it was $224 and I have 2 on monday that i am doing. One is an empty townhouse and she isnt sure off all the areas and the other is $174 for carpet. My other designer presented me with her design and it look awesome, Going to do a 1000 of those too. Its great I walk around with my 5 year old daughter, she goes up and puts it on the door, less work for me. Child labor is so cheap, its amazing what kids will do for a happy meal.

Also another question for everyone, what is your past return on door hangers?

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Just my personal opinion but anyone putting anything on my house or truck will be asked to remove it. I will remember their name but not in a good way. I know it works for some but how many do you irritate getting a few?
Al

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
You can't please everyone. Anybody that gets pissed about a door hanger being put on their door once a year would be a pain to work for anyway.

Name
I'm Rick James
KevinL said:
You can't please everyone. Anybody that gets pissed about a door hanger being put on their door once a year would be a pain to work for anyway.

I agree, get upset because of a door hanger is a little on the high strung side and those are not my type of customers I want to work with either. I did book a 4th job off that same 100 batch that I did, so around 4% now.

I guess no one really goes off how many cutsomers to aim for in a given year.

greenclean

I THOUGHT THE DOOR HANGER IDEA WAS GOOD AT FIRST!!!I PRINTED 6K BECAUSE THE PRICING GOES WAY DOWN... SO WHY NOT PRINT THEM ALL AT ONCE...ANYWAY, WHEN I FIGURED IT OUT BY THE TIME I PRINTED UP THE DOOR HANGERS,GOT IN MY VAN, AND SPENT THE TIME PUTTING THEM ON DOORS, THE PROFIT WAS ALL GONE!....I PAID AROUND 480 BUCKS FOR 6K THATS ABOUT .8 EACH.....YOU CAN MAKE A PHONE, CALL PUT YOUR AD IN VALPAK, MONEY MAILER, ETC... MAIL OUT 70K OF THEM FOR .5 EACH ... STAY ON YOUR COUCH!!!! AND WAIT FOR THE PHONE TO RING... THE RATE OF RETURN IS LOW ON DIRECT MAILING. .006 % OF WHAT YOU SEND OUT AND .66% CLOSE RATE (THIS IS AN AVERAGE).

I HAVE HAD MUCH BETTER SUCCESS WITH LAWN SIGNS!!!! 100 PCS FOR 250 BUCKS...I SELL 10-12 JOBS AT AROUND 200 BUCKS EACH AND IT ONLY TAKES ME 2 HRS TO PUT THEM OUT! NOT A BAD RETURN... 250 BUCKS AND 2 HRS FOR 2400 BUCKS IN REVENUE.. :mrgreen:

rick imby

Name
Rick
So you just go to a house and put a lawn sign in and drive off? Only do it in friends lawns?

greenclean

NOPE...PUT THEM AT STOP SIGNS, EASMENTS, VACANT LAND, SHOPPING CENTERS...SOME STAY FOR WEEKS AND GET MANY HITS AND SOME ARE GONE IN A DAY OR SO...AFTER A WHILE YOU WILL FIGURE OUT WHERE TO PUT THEM AND WHERE...NOT TO PUT THEM...I ALWAYS ASK WHERE DID YOU HEAR ABOUT US! THE FEEDBACK IS GREAT....I DO PUT SIGNS IN MY CUSTOMERS LAWNS AND I CLOVERLEAF THE HOUSE WITH THE DOOR HANGERS BEFORE I DEPART! (WITH PERMISSION OF COURSE)!

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I stop and pick up lawn/pole signs in my neighborhood and toss them. Looks trashy. My opinion for my neighborhood only.
Al

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Those signs in the public right of way is against the law here and I would guess most areas. You will be asked to remove them on first offence and fines to follow.

Imagine how crappy your town would look if every business advertised that way.

Name
I'm Rick James
greenclean said:
I THOUGHT THE DOOR HANGER IDEA WAS GOOD AT FIRST!!!I PRINTED 6K BECAUSE THE PRICING GOES WAY DOWN... SO WHY NOT PRINT THEM ALL AT ONCE...ANYWAY, WHEN I FIGURED IT OUT BY THE TIME I PRINTED UP THE DOOR HANGERS,GOT IN MY VAN, AND SPENT THE TIME PUTTING THEM ON DOORS, THE PROFIT WAS ALL GONE!....I PAID AROUND 480 BUCKS FOR 6K THATS ABOUT .8 EACH.....YOU CAN MAKE A PHONE, CALL PUT YOUR AD IN VALPAK, MONEY MAILER, ETC... MAIL OUT 70K OF THEM FOR .5 EACH ... STAY ON YOUR COUCH!!!! AND WAIT FOR THE PHONE TO RING... THE RATE OF RETURN IS LOW ON DIRECT MAILING. .006 % OF WHAT YOU SEND OUT AND .66% CLOSE RATE (THIS IS AN AVERAGE).

I HAVE HAD MUCH BETTER SUCCESS WITH LAWN SIGNS!!!! 100 PCS FOR 250 BUCKS...I SELL 10-12 JOBS AT AROUND 200 BUCKS EACH AND IT ONLY TAKES ME 2 HRS TO PUT THEM OUT! NOT A BAD RETURN... 250 BUCKS AND 2 HRS FOR 2400 BUCKS IN REVENUE.. :mrgreen:

Caps button broke? shiteatinggrin

I agree door hangers are not my preferred choice, but so far so good. I spent about .08 for each door hanger, spent about an hour in all handing out the 100 or so. Got 4 jobs off them, so hovering around 4% return and it already paid for the inital investment. The only signs that are put up around here are the whole house guy for $99.

I was going to do val pak, but when talking to the lady she told me there was 5 other cleaners already in there and that I would have to do 4-5 areas to really make it worth it. Going to start doing massive direct mailers next spring around march.

My goal for my first full year in 2010 is atleast 400 new clients, thats 7 a week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom