O/P Pad Capping commercial upholstery?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
sorry, no studies, imo. maybe flyby year is a better term. meaning they don't last long enough to learn or don't care to learn.

my point is, if the chart is giving worst case scenario's for a HWE guy, then the same generalization is true for a VLM guy. i prefer not to method bash to get new clients is all. perhaps we agree on that Ken.

to be honest, when i meet a new prospect in person or on the phone and they ask about my method, i tell them that HWE is a good method for some and has benefits, but i personally wasn't happy with it and i find i get better results with LM. i don't consider that method bashing, just briefly giving my experience. i don't get into the fact that imo i had an under-powered portable & can not keep a TM where i live (in my situtation i've no place and no way to keep a TM from freezing in winter.) nowhere in writing do i mention HWE in a good or bad way.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I would say the advancement in solution formulation and delivery methods (equipment) have greatly improved, as have the pads used in the process.

I feel it is a great maintenance method provided you're not asking to much of it.

There is a huge differences in what is being delivered to the client. Not all solutions clean as well as the others and not all encap machines clean the equally as well either!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I'm with you Derek and prefer not to bash any methods or really generalize about industry things. We all have our own judgements and experiences.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
my point is, if the chart is giving worst case scenario's for a HWE guy, then the same generalization is true for a VLM guy.

egg-zaccally

MardEE might figure that out one day
til then, he's destine to reside in the Land of Nincompoopdum....

..L.T.A.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Derek said:
while the majority of HWE guys are flyby night and may not know what they are doing, the same is true for the majority of VLM guys. therefore that chart is void.
That chart clearly states on the top of the page that this example (steam cleaning) was used because it is the most widley used and reconized method for cleaning carpet.

The point of that chart was to educate the public on the risks involved with getting their carpet cleaned. It will also show the public that their is a lot more to getting their carpet cleaned than just hiring any ol carpet cleaner.

If the public was more educated on this topic our industry would not be plagued with the fly by nights,pretenders,wanabees.
You cannot deny that the risks stated in that chart are pertinent.
That chart is what separates the skilled from the un skilled. Use it.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Who exactly are these fly by nights, pretenders & wanabees so often talked about. Don't you believe most people in business are doing a decent to good to excellent job within their respective client arena?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Ken Snow said:
Derek said:
while the majority of HWE guys are flyby night and may not know what they are doing, the same is true for the majority of VLM guys. therefore that chart is void.

Where do you get your data that the majority, or even tiny minority, are fly by night? I am not aware of any studies that indicate this~ only blowhards that all say they are the best and that everyone else is a hack (not implying that is you).
You have been doing this for 32 years. Do you realy need a study.
I have never said to anyone that i am the best or even go their.I think anyone that uses the word best or anything like is in the dumbest way setting themselves up for a fall.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Derek said:
sorry, no studies, imo. maybe flyby year is a better term. meaning they don't last long enough to learn or don't care to learn.

my point is, if the chart is giving worst case scenario's for a HWE guy, then the same generalization is true for a VLM guy. i prefer not to method bash to get new clients is all. perhaps we agree on that Ken.

to be honest, when i meet a new prospect in person or on the phone and they ask about my method, i tell them that HWE is a good method for some and has benefits, but i personally wasn't happy with it and i find i get better results with LM. i don't consider that method bashing, just briefly giving my experience. i don't get into the fact that imo i had an under-powered portable & can not keep a TM where i live (in my situtation i've no place and no way to keep a TM from freezing in winter.) nowhere in writing do i mention HWE in a good or bad way.
When i give quote i only talk about my procedures and the bennifets of the equipment and detergents that i use. I dont stand their and spew of about other methods .I know the reason i am their in the first place is because they were not happy with the last guy they had.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Ken Snow said:
Who exactly are these fly by nights, pretenders & wanabees so often talked about. Don't you believe most people in business are doing a decent to good to excellent job within their respective client arena?
I believe that the majority of people that enter into a business have good intentions.
That statement is loaded to the n-ts, so you can take it any way you like.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
The fact that I have been doing this 32 years and our company for 73 is exactly the reason I question your comment. I don't think most are fly by night at all and in fact almost 100 in the metro area are good rug cleaning customers of ours.

I am sure there is a small percent of crappy or disreputable cleaners, like in any industry but those generally don't last long.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
If the public was more educated on this topic our industry would not be plagued with the fly by nights,pretenders,wanabees.

Mardie, it's time for a reality check.

reality check 1
What you fail to realize is..... YOU'RE one of the "pretenders and wannabees".
you just don't know it yet..cause you don't know anything other than sCampoo

Reality check 2
Dude, VS system ain't all that
IT REALLY DOESN'T CLEAN DIRTY CARPET ALL THAT WELL.
That's WHY you have to "educate" :roll: prospects about all the "risks" ...cause your system is LACKING and INFERIOR compared to the average TM .

You're a HACK but DON'T KNOW IT yet

I know the reason i am their in the first place is because they were not happy with the last guy they had.

Reality check 3
You're going to lose custys to steam cleaners .
The new guy is going to hear "they were not happy with [YOU] the last guy"

Everyone will lose a custy or account to another outfit.
and everyone will take some from another outfit.
Anyone that says they haven't lost a custy or account is lying or they haven't been in biz long enough

Reality check 4.
You're going to lose more res custys than the average conscientious TM guy.
You might not believe that now...only cause it's your 3rd year and you're seeing tremendous growth figures compared to last year .
But it will happen.
cause the system you're touting is limited and ancient (new pixie dust sCampoo additives not withstanding)

i didn't want to make this about methods, Mardie..
You drew fire for negative marketing against the largest segment of the industry .
it's the largest segment of the industry because it's THE BEST method for soiled carpets

any average conscientious TM guy can BLOW YOUR SCAMPOO BOX OUT OF THE WATER.

Your "perception" that the overwhelming majority of steam cleaners SUCK, and are "fly-by-nite, pretenders and wannabes" is no excuse to "scare a prospect " into accepting an inferior residential cleaning method

..l.T.A.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Ken Snow said:
The fact that I have been doing this 32 years and our company for 73 is exactly the reason I question your comment. I don't think most are fly by night at all and in fact almost 100 in the metro area are good rug cleaning customers of ours.

I am sure there is a small percent of crappy or disreputable cleaners, like in any industry but those generally don't last long.
That is a very politically correct answer.LOL

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Not trying to be politicaly correct at all- what part of my response makes you think I am? I thought I responded to your comment as I interpreted the question. If I didn't please ask again so I get it.

I believe you have not answered my repeated question about what data you have that shows the basis for this comment you made "Their are all the pretenders and flyby nights that far out number the true proffesionals."

Ken

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Ruff Hewn said:

Mardie, it's time for a reality check.

reality check 1
What you fail to realize is..... YOU'RE one of the "pretenders and wannabees".
you just don't know it yet..cause you don't know anything other than sCampoo

Reality check 2
Dude, VS system ain't all that
IT REALLY DOESN'T CLEAN DIRTY CARPET ALL THAT WELL.
That's WHY you have to "educate" :roll: prospects about all the "risks" ...cause your system is LACKING and INFERIOR compared to the average TM .

You're a HACK but DON'T KNOW IT yet

[quote:zc9nz18t]I know the reason i am their in the first place is because they were not happy with the last guy they had.

Reality check 3
You're going to lose custys to steam cleaners .
The new guy is going to hear "they were not happy with [YOU] the last guy"

Everyone will lose a custy or account to another outfit.
and everyone will take some from another outfit.
Anyone that says they haven't lost a custy or account is lying or they haven't been in biz long enough

Reality check 4.
You're going to lose more res custys than the average conscientious TM guy.
You might not believe that now...only cause it's your 3rd year and you're seeing tremendous growth figures compared to last year .
But it will happen.
cause the system you're touting is limited and ancient (new pixie dust sCampoo additives not withstanding)

i didn't want to make this about methods, Mardie..
You drew fire for negative marketing against the largest segment of the industry .
it's the largest segment of the industry because it's THE BEST method for soiled carpets

any average conscientious TM guy can BLOW YOUR SCAMPOO BOX OUT OF THE WATER.

Your "perception" that the overwhelming majority of steam cleaners SUCK, and are "fly-by-nite, pretenders and wannabes" is no excuse to "scare a prospect " into accepting an inferior residential cleaning method

..l.T.A.[/quote:zc9nz18t]
Reply to #1 #2
Isn't it amazing how a hack and pretender can get the majority of business through repeats and referrals without a referral program and doesn't even have to advertise and has never even promoted his web site to be noticeable.

This is the truth so suck it up.

Reply to #3
Are you so simple that you actually feel you have to point that out.
Reply to #4
That is just your bias opinion. I have a suggestion for you and all that read my statements.Slow down when you read and read all the words with an open positive mind and try to comprehend what is actually being said. I would not waste my time on this board just to sh-t on people.
I have been trying to explain myself in a civil manner so that we could all have a constructive dialog. Your refusal to acknowledge even the simplest and most obvious things just for the sake of defending your process is pathetic. Note: i have made it clear many times that in the future as i grow that HWE will be a part of my arsonal.
And as with my present methods if their is something i don't like about it or it bites me in the ass,i will be swearing about it and not giving it excuses.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Soft Kitty

Warm Kitty

Little ball of fur!

Happy Kitty

Sleepy Kitty

Purr....Purr.....Purr!

:shock:

CS ALL!

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Look what everyone in this converation fails to acknowledge is that both methods have their place. On a lightly soiled sofa that just needs freshened up encap is fine, even on moderate soil without bodily fluids present in many cases absorbant pad cleaning will meet the customer's needs.

Situations with extreme soil or biological contamination will require extraction and frankly less in these situations is shortchanging your customer. That is coming from an early adopter and advocate of VLM methods. In fact Snake Oil was developed to extend the range of VLM but alas... There are still applications where there is a need for pulling hoses... That said, all three systems have their place. Just make sure your tool box is appropriatly stocked.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom