Obliterate

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses

Toxicity[edit]

Sodium chlorite is a strong oxidant and can therefore be expected to cause clinical symptoms similar to the well known sodium chlorate: methemoglobinemia, hemolysis, kidney failure.[16] A dose of 10-15 grams of sodium chlorate can be lethal.[17] Methemoglobemia had been demonstrated in rats and cats,[18] and recent studies by the EMEA have confirmed that the clinical symptomatology is very similar to the one caused by sodium chlorate in rats, mice, rabbits, and green monkeys.[19]

There is only one human case in the medical literature of chlorite poisoning.[20] It seems to confirm that the toxicity is equal to sodium chlorate. From the analogy with sodium chlorate, even small amounts of about 1 gram can be expected to cause nausea, vomiting and even life-threatening hemolysis in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficient persons.

Occupational safety and health (OHS/OSH):
Ingestion hazardsCategory 3
Inhalation hazardsCategory 2
Eye hazardsCategory 1
Skin hazardsCategory 1B

..L.T.A.
Is this why you couldn’t handle being a carpet cleaner. Too scary!! 🤭

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Not trying to restart an argument. But sodium chlorite in whatever form you choose is the magic bullet. Cleaned a vomit soaked microfiber sofa the other day. Gave the customer a follow up call today. They said it still smells great. It removed the water ring stain on the decking as well.
I’m glad there are others who figured it out.

Now the peddlers are making liquid versions and over-marketing that as well.

If you want liquid, mix 6 oz in a gallon of water and use 6-12 oz of that mix per gallon for RTU.

Run you about $4.50 for the SC and about a penny for the water.

Cheap as hell as it should be since it’s sodium chlorite.

Cobb is now selling gallon jugs of it, but he lists that it’s sodium chlorite on the jug (that converts to CLO2 under mildly acidic conditions) and only charges like 22 bucks a gallon. Still a ripoff, but not compared to the premium sodium chlorite bullshit peddlers.

Last edited:

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses

If you want liquid, mix 6 oz in a gallon of water and use 6-12 oz of that mix per gallon for RTU.

Cobb is now selling gallon jugs of it, but he lists that it’s sodium chlorite on the jug (that converts to CLO2 under mildly acidic conditions) and only charges like 22 bucks a gallon. Still a ripoff, but not compared to the premium sodium chlorite bullshit peddlers.
I hope Lab Coat sells a ton of it. We’ll at least enough to afford a decent haircut.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Meter Maid

Mikey P

Administrator

Interesting, he use to sell stabilized 40 vol for the same price as Sallies. $10 a gal, I always wondered why he bothered.

Maybe he still does

Reactions: SamIam

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Interesting, he use to sell stabilized 40 vol for the same price as Sallies. $10 a gal, I always wondered why he bothered.

Maybe he still does
Loss leader. Same reason grocery stores sell commodities for cost or maybe even below cost. They want people to shop there for everything.

Reactions: steve_64

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Loss leader. Same reason grocery stores sell commodities for cost or maybe even below cost. They want people to shop there for everything.
Back in the 90's my parents owned a gas station and had that mindset to sell the gas at cost.

They made their big money on selling cigs/beer/ice/fountain drinks and candy. The gas just brought the customers in the store

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Back in the 90's my parents owned a gas station and had that mindset to sell the gas at cost.

They made their big money on selling cigs/beer/ice/fountain drinks and candy. The gas just brought the customers in the store
Exactly.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I love that you told him to put 150ft of hose on it. Those weasels love showing their products with only 25-50ft of hose

• Haha
Reactions: Mikey P

SamIam

Name
sam miller
It's more like $14 a gallon his is 50 volume or 15% peroxide

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Says $15 a gallon.

Reactions: Johnny

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Reactions: SamIam

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I cleaned a Gulfstream today that just got back from 2 months in Europe, and 1 month in Florida. Fishing, Golf and checking on construction projects. It was filthy. I used 3 oz of Ultrapac extreme and 2 ounces of sodium chlorite in a 4-1 hydroforce. Extracted with a 12” Dev and a 570 at 350psi. Everything remained stable and came out perfect. Just saying. Amazon Chemistry.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I cleaned a Gulfstream today that just got back from 2 months in Europe, and 1 month in Florida. Fishing, Golf and checking on construction projects. It was filthy. I used 3 oz of Ultrapac extreme and 2 ounces of sodium chlorite in a 4-1 hydroforce. Extracted with a 12” Dev and a 570 at 350psi. Everything remained stable and came out perfect. Just saying. Amazon Chemistry.
Wait until it crashes and they blame you.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I hate airplanes. They keep such a detailed log book, guaranteed your name is in there. I've only done a few and they've all been a pita.
I only do this one plane. Steady customer for 3.5 years. I was very hesitant at first. Put them off for a couple weeks feeling them out before I cleaned for them the first time.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom