Odor Source Removal

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I was called in for some help where a cleaner couldn't get a cat odor out of a carpet. There were a few reasons that they didn't get the odor out, but one that I hadn't thought of much before:

Note the amount of "Kitty Litter" in the Renovator of my Brush Pro; this was from just one corner of the room where the two cat boxes were kept.

Getting this odor soaked litter out of the carpet went a big way to solving their problem

Treating the baseboards, walls, and getting rid of some furnishing the cats "used" took care of the rest.

Unlike dogs, cats like to just jump up on and "go" all over everything.

cat litter.jpg

jeffexe

Name
jeff
hope there's more than one vac on every truck, Jeff
and some jobs, I wouldn't use our dedicated sec 8 vac on.

..L.T.A.
Well Duh. Commercial vac and residential vac Plus a stair vac. See those of us who are separated from the idiots, know how to handle that stuff without explaining it on chat platforms.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

jeffexe

Name
jeff
Only IDIOTS vacuum over urine infested carpe
No really. Just because a professional cleaner has a vacuum on his truck does not mean he uses it on urine soaked carpets. Seriously, we are talking about professionalism. It is Professional to carry the correct equipment to perform the task at hand. Did not know we needed to spell out when and when not to use specific tools. I merely pointed out that the vacuum , crb and black light are great tools for the educated professional.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Ive tried using the home owner's vacuum on pee jobs.|

just made me sick. Once was enough.

If I did this for a living (instead of free for friends and family), I would need spare CRB brushes or time and place to clean them between jobs.

What do you do with your brushes after a urine jobs Mike and Jeff?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If I did this for a living (instead of free for friends and family), I would need spare CRB brushes or time and place to clean them between jobs.

What do you do with your brushes after a urine jobs Mike and Jeff?
It would seem even worse than a vacuum because you're grinding more.

Although the advantage is they can be cleaned vs the vacuum which would be difficult.

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Only IDIOTS vacuum over urine infested carpet.
I agree for Jimmy just for the record.

I'll pre-spray the shit out of them and then run the CRB to get cat litter and sand and hair out and then rinse it...
Eh

The main reason 2vacuums are in my truck. I don’t care if my slum apartment vacuum runs over cat piss. Just sprinkle some pink ultrapak powder for smell good in the bag and mow it over

And take the pretty clean vacuum in my normal houses

Name
Lee Stockwell
Only use UV light for YOUR diagnostic needs, not to sell the job. It will come back to bite you. Did one for a lawyer today that we ran the CRB both pre and post prespraying. Vacuumed the shitlins' with the TM hose.

Cleanup is easy, pop out the brushes and hit with the pressure wand as we wrap up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom