Odorcide My Gaaawd

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Use some today as per the label. Holyshit is that stuff strong. had it in a Trigger sprayer pummped it three times whole fooken house smelled like it. Do you guys use this stuff? i kud not imagine spraying this and leaving it. I think this might be only product out there that might get the STANK out of Toni Wheelwrighted underwARE. wHO HERE uses it and how do u apply it?

Golden Boy

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
You have two better options -

#1 Hydrocide use the same chemistry but is more concentrated so you use less. Hydrocide has no added fragrance to cover up the problem. You will really know if you have gotten rid of the odor or just hidden it.

#2 Hydrocide Extreme is Hydrocide with a light floral fragrance added for those who prefer some fragrance while the product is doing the job. Not nearly as powerful a fragrance as Odorcide. By the way - the fragrance in Hydrocide Extreme is Sweet Pea, a rather ironic choice given the most common use.

Reactions: Shorty

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Scott NOBODY here gets all the piss out or the Urine smell out. I dont care how many steps or procedures a cleaner uses. Pulling up the piss laden carpet and seeing urine mixed in with the glue/latex backing NOBODY is going to get that out. EVERYBODY here is just covering or masking the problem. Guys here might THINK they are getting it out but they are just lieing to themself or the customer for that matter. I tell my customers I can control the situation but once it goes down into the pad they are better off replacing it. So if they want me to clean it thats fine but at least THEy know the Truth and I know the truth.

Golden Boy

Name
Shawn Forsythe
I've never had a customer fail, unless they fail to know what they are doing.

You can salvage (clean/deodorize) most carpet, so long as the urine has not affected dyes or structural integrity. Padding is most often replaced as it is too cumbersome and costly to salvage, if it heavily saturated. Subflooring needs cleaning and sealing.

The important items in your toolbox for a bad case are:

1) A Urine salt rinse.
2) A urine stain remover (if required)
3) A quality deodorizer (Hydrocide or Odorcide are great)
4) A floor cleaning agent. Your carpet urine salt rinse may be used here.
5) Sub-Floor sealer
6) A deep extraction device, like a Waterclaw, a Spotclaw, or a Flash Spotter.

There is absolutely no need to use anything that "just covers" odors. Anyway, they rarely work. Use a true deodorizer on minimal residue after urine salt cleaning.

Reactions: J Scott W
Name
Shawn Forsythe
Waldo,

If the smell of the Odorcide is really too strong, you may be mixing it too concentrated, to try any counter an incomplete source removal. If you find you have to mix it really strong on urine, you are failing to remove most of the urine through pre-conditioning and cleaning.

One of the most important principles of deodorization is using the deodorizer only on the non-removable residue. This means, your MUST remove the source as completely as possible before you even attempt to introduce the deodorizer. Your effectiveness at removing source material will dictate the strength of deodorizer necessary, which ideally should be minimal.

The most common error in urine decontamination is thoroughly addressing the whole situation. Carpet, Padding AND subfloor/walls. Old urine deposits will not clean effectively with a typical alkaline cleaning agent. You need to introduce a cleaner, specifically designed for urine salt removal and the gummy residue.

Scott is right on though. Hydrocide is often used where the odor of Odorcide is objectionable. But neither should need to be used near maximum concentration on urine.

Last edited:
Reactions: J Scott W

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Thanks for making my point Shawn after all that work which still is not going to get PISS out of glue. I got a good sniffer too. the customer would be better off tearing it out. Sell yourshit to sum ROOKIE cuz I aint buying it your method or any other method. Clean with sum deodorizer and call it good. Tell them the TRUTH cuz YOU aint gettin it all out Period.

Golden Boy

Jimbo

I have had good results with Hydrocide Extreme...on lightly peed up jobs it seems you can add it with the prespray and it does a great job.

About 20 years back I ran an ad "Guaranteed Pet Odor Removal"...man we got a lot of calls on that one...I finally ended up giving a gentleman...(well known Cadillac dealer from the Bay Area)... back his money...after going back 3 times...to clean up after his giant TomCat...(no offense Meyers)...that kept peeing up a certain closet.

My NEW guarantee is that I promise to keep coming back to clean up after their beloved pets...and they keep paying every time!

Waldo...May I suggest you stop jumping down folks throats that are trying to help you...just saying...

Reactions: Shorty and BLewis

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Eckman if you dont like my views then Beat it. You made my point too. Sometimes you need to set these Salesmen straight. Selling honest carpet cleaners crap they dont need. Got it Eckman?

Golden Boy

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Mike...You might be overlooking the fact that WE ARE ON THE SAME TEAM. Mr Warrington and Mr Forsythe have your best interest in mind when they share advice with you...and yes...their respective companies might make a dollar or two on a gallon of juice...and we take the juice out and make a good living with it.

Common sense tells us not to oversell our capabilities...just over deliver when providing whatever service it is...Maybe we should call it "ODOR CONTROL" rather than 'Odor Removal!'

Have you bid on the RX20 yet? Just a few hours left...and I think it would really benefit your business...especially in the 'ODOR CONTROL' aspect!

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
so besides the fact that you failed to realize that the instructions are a guide,same case as with anything else.... why are you going around sniffin some dudes under ware..... let alone bragging about it...

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I've used got it from tcs 79.00 per gal 10% off case price, free shippping on $400.00 or more. So I buy like 2 cases in the spring. It will work 16 to 1 get down and smell. the nose knows!

I like OSR with a water claw, Bridgepoint, Prochem all have oxidizers that work the same. If its cat throw the odercide into the OSR let it sit and claw it out.

I usually rinse with all fiber rinse and a little 20% peroxide after 1st sub extraction ill flodded it again with the wand and repeat tell the yellow water stops pulling out.

that said there are some that should be repalced but 90% can be made 100 percent better.

The real Golden Boy!

I hope that doesnt piss you off.

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Used it as an Aid while doing a Dead Guys Apt Rehab once. Didn't smell like dead guy no more thats for sure.
If I deal with anything remotely close to this dead guy again, I will grab it off the truck fo sho :biggrin:

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Quat A Lot is about the only deodorizer that doesn't smell worse than the odor your trying to eliminate.

Mike you should really try the leading product line for deodorizing/disinfecting for over 50 years. MICROBAN, ODORx, etc.
Everything from fragrance free products to odor counteracting specific fragrances and everyone of them properly labeled and registered sold with confidence rather than a wink.

I add 8 OZ to a gallon of water and use a flower water pail to put it on even. let is soak in and water claw it out with defoamer. Try the fresh sent.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom