OffGroupon.....You heard it here first

Name
I'm Rick James
Maybe the compaines shouldnt use group on if its not working for them. Thats the whole point of group on.. the savings.

I personally dont think its a good marketing option for our industry. Its best fit is for salons, dining out and other businesses that can absorbed that discount. For us its not practical.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The idea is simple If you see a groupon that you would like to buy

Like carpet cleaning for $50.00 ...or whatever

You call the carpet cleaning company directly to see if they will honor the price if you pay them directly....instead of purchasing the deal.

This way, the carpet cleaning company get's 100% of the job instead of splitting it with the deal of the day company.

Make sense?

Just trying to train people to think about the company doing the deal.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
puscifeR said:
Thats the whole point of group on.. the savings.

For a customer buying a groupon- it doesn't matter who they pay the money but the company offering the groupon gets all the money instead of half of it going to groupon.

I like the idea- but as far as legalities go- did you research it Brian?

Brian, call me on monday about this. I have a few things written down at the office.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Now you know I don't think anything through before I do it.

I just jump in and learn from my mistakes as I go along.
shiteatinggrin

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Brian figured out that Groupon was cutting into his network market share of BDCC.

Good for you Brian. It’s all about moving up the food chain.

I would have done the same thing. For example, I took a bunch of customers last year from someone who subs everything out the way you do :shock: .

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ACE said:
Brian figured out that Groupon was cutting into his network market share of BDCC.

Good for you Brian. It’s all about moving up the food chain.

I would have done the same thing. For example, I took a bunch of customers last year from someone who subs everything out the way you do :shock: .

Wow, no.

Yes, I'm sure you did.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The people I was subing from bounced 3 checks in a row and I felt the winds of change a blowing.

I don’t see how encouraging customer to buy outside of groupon is different then one of your subs asking a customer to work directly with them. I can’t imagine this not being a violation of groupons terms of use which you signed off on.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ACE said:
The people I was subing from bounced 3 checks in a row and I felt the winds of change a blowing.

I don’t see how encouraging customer to buy outside of groupon is different then one of your subs asking a customer to work directly with them. I can’t imagine this not being a violation of groupons terms of use which you signed off on.

You may be right.....I told you I didn't think this thing through...I just jumped right in. :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, I think Ace was right so I've change the premise a bit. Last thing I want to be is a hypocrite.

I changed the name of the FB page to "Deal Breaker"....which is probably going to change.
I'm going to promote staying loyal to the company running the deal of the day instead of just grabbing the next deal to come along.
And I will try to stay away from using any "deal of the day" names for the legal part. Thanks

Ace said:

Not as powerful but what the hell, it will help some companies maybe.

Here's the page

Deal Breaker Facebook Page

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom