Office cleaning

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I am tossing around the idea of getting into commercial office cleaning, what do you reccomend in terms of getting the accounts and what are the going rates for this type of service.

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Depends on the person.

Franchises are okay (I own one for just that). I am very sales saavy, but don't feel the amount of time I would spend on getting accounts would be worth the time VS. just buying them out, which is what franchises really do.

Office cleaning is brutal as far as competition...not to mention the receptionists that went to Sam's Club the other week getting some windex thinking they can knock you out of a contract to make themselves feel "worthy".

I like small dollar accounts. They average 1 day a week and come out to about 40-60 per hour at that rate VS. large 5-7 day a week accounts. Also, you can survive the loss of a small account dollar wise.

Franchises are an investment that gives you nothing tangible to own. They go from 5 grand up to the sky as far as costs.

I am on the opposite end. I just got my TM today, and have plans for spring with many things associated with it.

Reactions: thecleaningdude

John Olson

Name
John Olson
LOL your profile says California so I am assuming your one of those SEO guys :) Post deleted in 3-2-1...

Name
Damon
I'm not familiar with franchise models, but I do agree about the 1 day accounts. Those seem to be the easiest to hold onto. Also, if you can get the carpet/tile/windows those accounts can really add up.

Seems like mid size are the best to pursue. Not so small where the owners maid comes in to do the work or it's regulated to a secretary. Conversely, not so big that you always have to fear losing out to someone like Cintas, Coverall or one of the other national companies.

Depends on the person.

Franchises are okay (I own one for just that). I am very sales saavy, but don't feel the amount of time I would spend on getting accounts would be worth the time VS. just buying them out, which is what franchises really do.

Office cleaning is brutal as far as competition...not to mention the receptionists that went to Sam's Club the other week getting some windex thinking they can knock you out of a contract to make themselves feel "worthy".

I like small dollar accounts. They average 1 day a week and come out to about 40-60 per hour at that rate VS. large 5-7 day a week accounts. Also, you can survive the loss of a small account dollar wise.

Franchises are an investment that gives you nothing tangible to own. They go from 5 grand up to the sky as far as costs.

I am on the opposite end. I just got my TM today, and have plans for spring with many things associated with it.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom