Oh Christ Almighty, not again...

Mikey P

Administrator
Yeah, remember that?

"we have used this generator since 2012. Absolutely no problems. No maintenance. The ecu was placed too close to the 210 degree heat exchanger. The generator did not fail nor did the ETM. The ecu needs to be moved. That will be some next week. We’ll post the video than. Both the ETM and the generator is proven. The exchanger was install after the generator was."

Reactions: SamIam

randy

Name
Randy
This headline will have you locked in the closet if your wife sees it. By the time she lets you out this mytee fine idea will be cancelled.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Yeah, remember that?

"we have used this generator since 2012. Absolutely no problems. No maintenance. The ecu was placed too close to the 210 degree heat exchanger. The generator did not fail nor did the ETM. The ecu needs to be moved. That will be some next week. We’ll post the video than. Both the ETM and the generator is proven. The exchanger was install after the generator was."

I just don’t get when it’s show time and there’s money invested! How could they not know about the problem?

I mean for god sakes clean some carpet with it and make sure it’s gonna do what you say!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I like John, he was a good board contributor. there a lot of people here who
Liked him, I could see he was a little stressed trying to spin it into a positive!

But I would fire someone for that mistake!

On a positive he was saying if a vac went down a guy could swap one out easily and keep working.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Apparently it ran the first day, but one guy said it didn’t feel stronger than his 3.3 blower! Whatever that’s worth.

I don’t know if they had all four going.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Due to the parking hassles in SF, I can see placing my current ETM in a Transit city or connect and safely operating it in customer's garage without a generator. It would also provide a solution to some homes I can't currenttly service. The dryer plugs are usually close by as well. I'm waiting for the plug in hybrid connect to be available in USA.

did the specs say it was a 7k generator? I think a 10k is the minimum gen. one should have due to conversion of DC to AC loss.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Due to the parking hassles in SF, I can see placing my current ETM in a Transit city or connect and safely operating it in customer's garage without a generator. It would also provide a solution to some homes I can't currenttly service. The dryer plugs are usually close by as well. I'm waiting for the plug in hybrid connect to be available in USA.

did the specs say it was a 7k generator? I think a 10k is the minimum gen. one should have due to conversion of DC to AC loss.
What are you going to use for heat?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
the customer's water heater. I know, i know-not that hot after awhile-- but I'll be using a 360ibh to help with decreased heat. Not Prefect,
If you're going to the trouble of hooking up an etm, maybe just by the lg2ht propane heater. You can get it on a rolling cart that holds the heater and bottle.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I like John, he was a good board contributor. there a lot of people here who
Liked him, I could see he was a little stressed trying to spin it into a positive!

But I would fire someone for that mistake!

On a positive he was saying if a vac went down a guy could swap one out easily and keep working.
And god knows you had better have a couple on hand.......

SamIam

Name
sam miller

3F71EE1B-34D2-48C4-A867-AFAC3B291C05.png

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Thanks, I'm aware of that. and using a propane heater in a garage would do the same.
Trying to make an ETM into a gas powered TM is just idiotic.
If the garage door is open, the small propane heater shouldn't be a problem. I use one in my shop about 10 feet from the open door and it doesn't set off the carbon monoxide detector. Don't even need an etm. Most portables with 2-3 stage vacs in parallel will run enough vac hose to do an average house. Equipped with an autofeed and pump out, it's almost as good as a small TM. If the main difficulty is parking, it's not a bad way to go.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
The Xdrive is basically an ETM with positive displacement motors, powered by a generator and invertor--
So the Xdrive is actually the most powerful ETM IMO.
Since the xdrive doesn't really save any space in a van, might as well go with the a Titan or other slide-in.
I foresee a butler slide-in.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
foresee a butler slide-in.

So do I yet Jack has said never more than once.

I asked Glen at Legends about why they invested in doing a major overhaul on the Pro1200, his reply was a high up at GM told them the Savannah/Express platform still sells so well that there's no rush and they expect to stretch out it's life as long as possible, which I understood as 3 to 5 more years..

F

FB7777

I don’t see Butler moving to slide ins... I’m confident they are and will work out a power transfer alternative

Fortunately they have several years to work on it as the Savannah isn’t going anywhere in the near future

When GM does decide to discontinue the current platform, I see Jack gobbling up as many vans as possible

NJ104

Name
Juan
So mytee is the apple of portable and electric truckmounts. They look pretty but have flaws.?

F

FB7777

The only thing apple and mytee have I. Common is their corporate are both in California

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom