oh, lordy this works greAt@!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Dear Ms Adams
We look forward to your upcoming appointment. We’ll need your assistance to make the areas you want cleaned as accessible as possible.
1. Please arrange for a parking spot
as close to your front door or cleaning project as possible
2. Remove all breakable items
from the cleaning area and store in a safe area (lamps, collectibles, etc.)
3. Other than large furniture, remove all items from the floor
(waste baskets, potted plants, brief cases, toys, etc.). If you are physically unable to move things yourself and cannot arrange for help, we will be more than happy to assist. Please pin up or tuck in bed spreads and dust ruffles. Drapes can either be hung up on the end of the rod, gently draped over each other or the ends placed in a plastic garbage bag. Extremely large or heavy items will remain in place (i.e. entertainment units, china cabinets, pianos). We will clean up to the outside edges.
Medium-sized furniture (i.e. tables, coffee tables, end tables, wing chairs, recliners, sofas) can be moved, the area cleaned, and returned to their location. We will place protective padding under furnishings with wood or metal feet to protect the carpet and the furniture. Some furniture is best left off the carpet until completely dried. We will discuss options during your appointment
4. Have a safe place for your pets to stay,
doors will need to be left open during the cleaning process and we would hate it if Skippy or Shadow escaped.
5. Tell us your every concern.
Point out spots and spills and tell us what they are.
6.We will pre vacuum your carpet prior to cleaning
but if you would like to knock dust and cob webs off base boards and from the back of furniture we recommend doing so prior to our arrival.
7. If we are cleaning your upholstered furniture
please have the pieces easily accessible from all sides and away from any breakable objects or delicate floorings. We can clean your sofas or chairs over the carpet/rugs being cleaned that day or if possible we can clean them outside or in your garage. The pieces set can be on tarps as a last resort. Loose cushions will be "A" framed on provided plastic sheeting, preferably outside for quick drying. In most cases furniture should not be reassembled the same day, rather when completely dry the following day.
Thank you for choosing Connoisseur!
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call me direct @ 831 588 ****
www.santacruzclean.com

Been using that for a while now

and MOST do exactly as we ask...
what a HUGE time saver.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The gist of that was in Armand Taddeo's little CD about ten years ago. I used some of it.

People want to help if you make it easy for them.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Looks great! Any grief over furniture left in garage? What do you send when you are cleaning Tile?

Mikey P

Administrator
Tile version

Dear [FIRST_NAME] [LAST_NAME],

PRE-CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS

So that we may render the best possible service to you in the most efficient manner…

• Please have all items and furnishings out of the areas to be cleaned before we arrive.

• Please have all children and pets in a separate room to ensure their safety around our equipment and cleaning solutions.

• Please have a water faucet on and available for our use to hook up to our truck.

• Please leave an open parking area near your door and have your car moved if you think you will need it while we are working.

CONDITIONS

Connoisseur Cleaning agrees to perform the work specified in a professional manner using extreme care to obtain satisfactory results. The professional cleaner is limited in attaining the best results due to the condition and nature of the article being cleaned.

Listed below are conditions most commonly encountered for which we disclaim and for which the customer agrees not to hold us responsible.

1. Cracked, loose or broken grout and tile. Due to the nature of tile and grout and the current level of soil on the floors, even a thorough pre-inspection may not reveal the existing condition of the grout and tile. Improperly set tile and grout, damaged by water among other situations may cause some tile and grout to loosen or pop out during cleaning. Customer will be immediately notified when such instances occur, and will not hold Connoisseur Cleaning responsible for any such repairs.

2. Staining, discoloration, color loss. Our cleaning process can restore most tile and grout near its original condition. Due to the nature of some spots, or prior cleanings and maintenance, it may be impossible to restore an original color, or completely remove all spots and stains. There is no way of determining when such results will occur.

3. Wax, lacquers, sealers, stains, paints. These coatings are not the responsibility of Connoisseur Cleaning. In some cases, we cannot tell if there is a pre-existing coating on the floor until we begin our cleaning process. We will immediately notify the customer if this is the case, but we cannot guarantee the complete removal of any such topical coatings and will not be responsible for reapplying such coatings.

4. Efflorescence. This is a natural salt residue that may appear after cleaning which was not visible before. Connoisseur Cleaning will attempt to remove such residue, but cannot guarantee complete removal.

5. Edge cleaning. We are unable on certain jobs to completely clean up to the edge of furniture, cabinets, and walls and such, without doing further harm or damage to these items. If soiling is present under large items, we suggest having them moved from the room prior to cleaning day. MDF (particle) base boards can get damaged from the water used in the cleaning. MDF is extremely

absorbent and will swell if exposed to water. Applying a bead of clear silicone a few days before cleaning can help avoid absorption and swelling. Connoisseur Cleaning will not be held responsible for any damages to MDF but will do our best to avoid any issues.

6. Bathrooms. Due to constant humidity, water, soaps, urine, and harsh cleaning agents often seen, bathrooms pose an extremely difficult area to clean. Although we have some of the most advance equipment and cleaning agents on the market, we are limited in the results we can achieve here. Therefore we do not guarantee nor are we responsible for urine staining, complete soap scum and hard water deposit removal or loose/missing tile and grout.

CARING FOR YOUR FLOOR

STEP 1: Sweep or vacuum loose dust and debris from floor before mopping.

STEP 2: Use a Neutral cleaner for daily mopping. (avoid strong alkaline, butyl or acid based cleaners such as bleach, ammonia, and vinegar)

STEP 3: After applying cleaner, rinse floor thoroughly with clean water.

STEP 4: Rinse mops and change rinse water frequently.

STEP 5: Have Connoisseur Cleaning service your tile on a scheduled basis to remove soil and contaminants.

* Soil accumulation will occur even after grout and stone/tile has been sealed.

*Consider purchasing a Hoover Floormate (# Spin scrub 800) for your hard floor maintenance needs. http://www.hoover.com/product.aspx?mode ... 0B&ds=true

Thank you!

Mike Pailliotet

www.santacruzclean.com

Feel free to call me direct with any questions or concerns @ 831 588

Jamesh921

Name
James
Before we arrive
Before we arrive, there are a few things you can do to help speed your cleaning experience along. If you need help in moving them, please let us know. We’ll be happy to help you out.
However, there are some things we aren’t allowed to move, so if you need us to clean under these pieces, please have them moved completely out of the area prior to our arrival. OR, we can simply clean around them.

1.Please place any full-length draperies over a clothes hanger and hang them on the
curtain rod.
2.Please remove all items from tables and furniture that we will be moving.
3. China and curio cabinets must be emptied, computers moved out of the work area and
items under beds, sofas and other furniture should also be removed prior to our arrival.
4. Please let us know if you have any antiques or other items that will require special
handling.
5. If we will be cleaning closets, please remove all items from the floor area, including
low hanging clothing.
6.Please remove all breakables from the work areas.
7. Please remove toys, magazines, or other small items that could hinder the cleaning
process from the floor. We are very happy to move your furniture for you, but please
understand that it is not our responsibility to pick up or move anything that is not
considered “furniture”.

This has served our purpose over the years. It DOES need updating a little though.

John Watson

great letter, I would add a little os ST to it..

"PS Ms Adams,

as we mentioned during our scheduling that we work mainly from referals, do you know anyone in your neighborhood that might be in need of our services?

If so, please contact them or let us know and if we can get you both scheduled on the same day we can offer you both a discount for saving us travel charges.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks Mike but I have already have one that I've put lots of work into. :p

Dear Ms Adame
We look forward to your upcoming appointment. We’ll need your assistance to make the areas you want cleaned as accessible as possible.
1. Please arrange for a parking spot
as close to your front door or cleaning project as possible
2. Remove all breakable items
from the cleaning area and store in a safe area (lamps, collectibles, etc.)
3. Other than large furniture, remove all items from the floor
(waste baskets, potted plants, brief cases, toys, etc.). If you are physically unable to move things yourself and cannot arrange for help, we will be more than happy to assist. Please pin up or tuck in bed spreads and dust ruffles. Drapes can either be hung up on the end of the rod, gently draped over each other or the ends placed in a plastic garbage bag. Extremely large or heavy items will remain in place (i.e. entertainment units, china cabinets, pianos). We will clean up to the outside edges.
Medium-sized furniture (i.e. tables, coffee tables, end tables, wing chairs, recliners, sofas) can be moved, the area cleaned, and returned to their location. We will place protective padding under furnishings with wood or metal feet to protect the carpet and the furniture. Some furniture is best left off the carpet until completely dried. We will discuss options during your appointment
4. Have a safe place for your pets to stay,
doors will need to be left open during the cleaning process and we would hate it if Skippy or Shadow escaped.
5. Tell us your every concern.
Point out spots and spills and tell us what they are.
6.We will pre vacuum your carpet prior to cleaning
but if you would like to knock dust and cob webs off base boards and from the back of furniture we recommend doing so prior to our arrival.
7. If we are cleaning your upholstered furniture
please have the pieces easily accessible from all sides and away from any breakable objects or delicate floorings. We can clean your sofas or chairs over the carpet/rugs being cleaned that day or if possible we can clean them outside or in your garage. The pieces set can be on tarps as a last resort. Loose cushions will be "A" framed on provided plastic sheeting, preferably outside for quick drying. In most cases furniture should not be reassembled the same day, rather when completely dry the following day.
Thank you for choosing Chavez!
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call me direct @ 785 232 ****
www.chavezrestoration.com

Seriously that's nice thanks!!! 8)

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
John Watson said:
great letter, I would add a little os ST to it..

"PS Ms Adams,

as we mentioned during our scheduling that we work mainly from referals, do you know anyone in your neighborhood that might be in need of our services?

If so, please contact them or let us know and if we can get you both scheduled on the same day we can offer you both a discount for saving us travel charges.

OK, Watson. You should be ashamed of yourself for cribbing off of this week's SFS QuickTIP:

http://sfs.jondon.com/12101/resources/q ... el-smarter

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Bring your better half to our Social Night at the Seattle SFS and all will be forgiven.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Looks like a good idea to me. Nothing like getting to a house and the teenage children are still in bed and there are clothes and crap all over the place and Mrs. Jones says "You can just pile anything on the beds you need to."

Connor

Name
Connor
Jim Williams said:
Looks like a good idea to me. Nothing like getting to a house and the teenage children are still in bed and there are clothes and crap all over the place and Mrs. Jones says "You can just pile anything on the beds you need to."

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carpet rake!!

Mine is very similar but to keep things simple I am thinking about changing it to the following.

Please vacuum before we arrive, pick up small items off floor, and move breakables off any item you wish to have moved and cleaned under.

Simple enough to make my job easier, and I can live with the rest.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Some of the stuff above is good I think. The tile disclaimers are great. But, if someone is coming to my home to do something to save me time and requested me to do all of that stuff I would cancel.
Al

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Askal said:
Some of the stuff above is good I think. The tile disclaimers are great. But, if someone is coming to my home to do something to save me time and requested me to do all of that stuff I would cancel.
Al

I dont go to my customers houses to "save them time" I go to their house to clean there carpet. (im pretty sure none of my customers have a Truckmount or applicable equipment) If they want a maid service also I can provide that service also for an additional fee.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
By the way can I copy these Mikey? These sound much more proffesional then my verbal, please clean up your sh!t before I show up.

hogjowl

Idiot™
By the time one of my customers got to the second or third command, they would have either zoned out or called somebody else that didn't make them work that hard.

Mikey P

Administrator
broke dicks attract broke customers I suppose, cause I aint losing anyone over it and you should see how well my houses are prepped.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i would never send nor ask for any of those things. if they ask i would let them know to move any thing small that they are able. Of course I only offer premium service which i charge for. i am after all charging for my time.

gene

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I'll be stealing one of those also. I don't have to much trouble with stuff laying around but I'm getting tired of having to play with the dog before I can get started.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Very similar to what we email when booking the job. So do you usually move all movable piece's in most rooms cleaned?

Just wondering since they have to remove breakables. I try not to move much of anything if I can.

This works great, most homes are ready to clean right after the walk thru if a new client. Repeats just open the door and say have at it.

Occassional selfish custy still doesnt care and preps when you drive in the driveway. Love waiting on the porch and hearing stuff slamming around. lol

Can I help myself to the tile prep list? I like that alot, especially the possible grout damage disclaimer stuff.

Later

Mikey P

Administrator
GeneMiller said:
i would never send nor ask for any of those things. if they ask i would let them know to move any thing small that they are able. Of course I only offer premium service which i charge for. i am after all charging for my time.

gene

So you enjoy picking up dirty laundry?

you guys kill me.

Mikey P

Administrator
so of you goofs need to re read what I am REALLY asking

the few request are not unreasonable at all.

you one job a day guys who dont want to go home to your fat wives, well I can understand..

Here is mine. I think a shorter version would be better though.

Please pick up small items off areas to be cleaned (toys, shoes, dinning room chairs, plants etc, move breakables from items you wish to have moved and cleaned under, and vacuum before our arrival.

Like I said I can live with everything else.

Please vacuum before we arrive. We perform a thorough vacuum in our deluxe cleaning package. However, for best results we recommend you vacuum also.
Please remove any breakable items such as lamps, picture frames, ornaments, telephones etc. from furniture that will have to be temporarily moved, cleaned under, and returned.
Please move any small items such as plants, magazine racks, dining room chairs, toys, shoes etc. from carpet before we arrive.
Please do not move furniture into traffic areas as we need to treat these dirty areas. If you do move furniture, please move it completely off the carpet.
Please pin up any full length draperies so that they will be at least 6 inches off the floor.
Please pin up any skirts on upholstered furniture, which may be touching the ground.
Computer equipment, china cabinets, antique furniture, and fragile furniture cannot be moved. However, carpet underneath such items can be cleaned where sufficient room is available, or we can edge right around the base
During the pre-inspection walk-through with your technicians, please advise them of any special instructions to follow when moving your furniture. It is helpful to know about weak legs, loose tops or previous repairs.
Please, call attention to any spots or stains which may require special cleaning techniques.
Please put your pets in a safe quiet place where our cleaning won’t disturb them.
For safety sake, be sure to keep a close eye on your curious little ones.
Please keep children and pets away from cleaning hoses, equipment, and the areas we are working in.
Please move any vehicles out of garages or your driveway that will need to be moved before we arrive.

After care cleaning instructions

Please leave your plastic tabs or foam blocks underneath furniture for 48 hours after cleaning.
As a safety precaution, do not allow children or pets to crawl on carpet until completely dry.
Please use extreme caution when walking from damp carpet to any hard surface area especially wood steps.

Tile Cleaning

All the above information plus please vacuum or sweep your tile floor very thoroughly before we arrive. Also move any small items and chairs off your floor before we arrive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom