Oh man! 250 Fema Trailers NEW PICS!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Got a call yesterday. ( I was out of town) I'm back now.. A local auction company called they want the carpet and upholstery done in all of the Fema trailers.. I only have 2 days to complete the job! Can I handle it? We will see. I can only give one all of the trailers. so I will be working like crazy...

I am doing them at $40.00 piece.... Period........ some may need carpet and UPH done, and some may only need one or the other. regardless its the same price....... You may think I went to low but.. $40.00 X's 250 = is ten grand! Anyone close wanna come help?

Mikey P

Administrator
Re: Oh man! 250 Fema Trailers

What is the square footage of carpet in each unit?

and when you say UPH do mean one lazy boy or a sofa or?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

All units are different....... small area of carpet maybe like a small hall in a house.. Some have just a sofa and some have one recliner. I can probably do carpet and Uph in 20 minutes in each one or less.. Ill have someone pre-spraying ahead of me. No electric so no pre-vac and im not running a generator for a vacuum

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

I think some of them may be 2 months ago the same auction place had 200.. They tell me fema and regular ones are mixed in.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner

Wow. If you work straight through all 48 hours, without a break, that gives you 11.5 minutes per trailer. I hope you have a big red S on your chest! (Or many helpers...)

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

I think that 40 was just a little low. I would of told them 50 maybe 45 especially if you have to call another company out to help you. but anyhow it will be a good cashflow job for you.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Joe, did you get to see any of them?

if Katrina trailers, I'd bet a nickel MOST of them are TRASHED
Cheese eatin' welfare folks typically don't take good care of someone elses property

g'luck and I sincerely hope you make a bundle
but i have to say, that price and time table would scare me... :shock:

a secondary thought..this time of year, (busy season) it might be tough to find subs willing to work for that kind of money

g'luck

..L.T.A.

Gary Taylor

Wait until he finds out they are spread out all over the auction lot.
Seriously, sounds like a good cash flow job. Good be a little higher, but hey, don't we here about guys doing hotel rooms for 25 bucks?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Gary Taylor said:
but hey, don't we here about guys doing hotel rooms for 25 bucks?

$25 bukz a room, all lined up like ducks in a row, I could make money and would take all you got

.L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

This is splash and dash hack, time. That's all they want, they're not asking for quality, just cleaned. If you can do 4 an hour that's $160.00, even 3 for $120.00 ain't too shabby.

I see them do that here in Lawrence when KU students leave, price over rules how clean.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

Well we started at 7 am this morning and worked untill 8 pm... Myself and a helper. He pre-sprayed Uph and carpet and i cleaned. it was 98 degrees and the humidity was high as hell.. I was a hot mess literally............... So I had one of my cleaning girls come in and write all the vin numbers down then she left..... So My self and a helper....... he made a$120.00 I made hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm about 4900 bucks............ so lets see I didnt do to bad.......... Have lots more tommorrow and im not sure if i can take this heat....

They are all lined up, I didnt have to move the van to much..

Some of the trailers are normal travel trailers................

Most are not........... They have full size fridges, regular sofas. No holding tanks... and electric stoves...

Which is crazy, you cant run the fridge on LP so what good are they really unless you can park them on a hunting lot and leave them..

Some are normal though

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

very good! make another 5k tommorrow. it is going to turn out to be a very good cashfow job. take a few pics of how they had them lined up and condition if you can spare a few seconds.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes

Sounds seedy to me. If you spend an average of 40 min in each it works out to about 165 labor house you have to have done in 48. Here is what I guess will happen: you and the crew bang them out as best you can. The people you’re working for complain about workmanship and offer you half of the aged price. How does your (signed?) Contact read?

A

amazingcleansc

ha a good upsell would be fermaldahyde-offgassing-chinese plywood sealing.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

I spend an average of 3-9 minutes in each one.......... There is not much carpet or upholstery........... Did i mention this.................... If the UPH looks clean. I dont clean it, just the carpet.. vice versa if uph dirty and carpet is then just clean uph.. Same price of 40 bucks.. Most where carpet and uph but sme were not..

BTW i have the signed contract. and BTW it looks damn good, I didnt hack them out. They just want them cleaned to run threw the auction. Anything else? I'm not letting you see my youtube video either cause its worse than yours!

A

amazingcleansc

DO IT TO IT. 250, you should hit a giant lick. I dont think you can do it in 2 days by yourself.

A

amazingcleansc

joeynbgky said:
im not by myself i have a helper who pre-sprays and moves my hoses.

if your helper figures out you are making 10 grand he will eviscerate you. you know that, right?

Ryan

amazingcleansc said:
joeynbgky said:
im not by myself i have a helper who pre-sprays and moves my hoses.

if your helper figures out you are making 10 grand he will eviscerate you. you know that, right?

$120 a day is a decent wage for the average CC tech. If he wants more he can always go for post secondary education or/and start his own business.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom