oh....no one called you?!

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Just read your original post again. Still think your commentary was aimed at complaining about other cleaners. Honestly, if your year was so great why do you care how anyone else is doing business?

Ron K

Some people shit their pants in Airplanes and at the movies......some don't. I try to work for the people that don't.
Enjoy the smell!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Ron K said:
Some people shit their pants in Airplanes and at the movies......some don't. I try to work for the people that don't.
Enjoy the smell!

I've never seen or heard of either of those things so I guess I/we don't work or live/play around those type of people. Might want to change where you hang out if you see that kind of thing on a regular basis.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I don't really care what anyone does on airplanes or in theatres and if it wasn't for feces there would be a lot less work.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
rhino1 said:
I don't really care what anyone does on airplanes or in theatres and if it wasn't for feces there would be a lot less work.

Pee, poop, vomit and food- carpet cleaners built in repeat business :-)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Enjoy the smell!
Shockedoffsubject-1.jpg

Bob Foster

rhino1 said:

I live in a community that is predominantly seniors.

According to Statistics Canada, Sidney had a population of 10,929 in 2001—a gain of 2.1% from 1996. Sidney is well-known for having an abundance of senior citizens, producing a median age of 50.7 in 2001 as compared with the British Columbia median age of 38.4.

Without exaggeration, I hear a remark like the ones below at least once a month.

"There is a stain or something in the master bedroom and I'm hoping it will come out"

or

"My mother/father/husband is in the hospital now and while she/he is away I was wondering if you could come in and clean their/our condo. There's a bit of a mess in the master bedroom beside the bed going into the bathroom"

or

"Not sure what it is but do you think you can get it out?"

You assure them that it should be no problem (it never usually is) and clean up. These customers are usually very grateful.

F

FB7777

rhino1 said:
Send an invoice regardless. It might get paid. If not at least you can write it off.

only if when you created the invoice , you recorded the invoice as income

Most people accrue revenue when paid

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Only those in a cash basis accounting business Fred, which I am guessing most are not. Also the write off would just net the 2 out and other costs are already incurred and expensed (gas, pay if hourly staff etc.).

F

FB7777

Thanks Ken, you said it better than me. I was just pointing out that you can't simply make an invoice up and then get to write off the uncollected debt as an expense

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I would assume the mileage, manhours, the cost to bill and collect the debt all would be deductible, but then again I don't handle much of that.

Mostly I just hang out in theatres waiting for someone who looks incontinent to befriend.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I installed a VOIP phone system, records every second of conversation, cancellation ($25-50) & trip ($75) fees explained. Extra $50\mo for this feature.

The system also details call log info on every call in and out that can be checked instantly in a few seconds. Eliminates the "we called to cancel" line.

We send e-mails that must be responded to or they are removed from our schedule. Costs a few seconds per booking and builds an easy and cheap mode of communication down the line.

Anyone that cancels after the grace period, or no shows us, gets a bill for the respective amount, along with a printed copy of their e-mailed confirmation response, a CD with their booking call, and the GPS data showing we were there, and a side note we send one invoice, they have ten days to remit payment or we file in small claims court.

With anywhere from 25-50 no shows a month, we had to implement something with teeth.

9\10 get paid within the ten days. The 1\10 ends up in court, 100% judgements in our favor, batting .900 on collecting those.

10\10 of the customers aren't wanted. Could care less how harsh\nasty the above seems, it takes nothing to pick up a phone and call us.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Holy cow Anthony 25-50 no shows a month even with all you do to remind and confirm?

We do 800-1000 jobs a week and don't have likely more than 5-10 in a bad month.

Back
Top Bottom