Oh oh... Briggs and Stratton go bust...

Mikey P

Administrator

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
My very first Mini Bike had a 5hp Briggs and Stratton engine. I spent many hours driving it around Cabrillo College in Santa Cruz when I was a kid. I remember at the time my dad was driving a blue 1975 Ford Pinto with no passenger seat. We would load the Minibike into the car and I would sit in the back seat and hold the bike. Good times.
1595286879583.png

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Damn, we just bought a log splitter. One of the selling point being that the engine is a Briggs & Stratton (made in America baby!) not a cheap Kohler made in China. Supposedly a more dependable engine and more available & cheaper replacement parts.

I hope, at least, that they get bought by a good Chinese company. :winky:

Maybe Harley will buy them. They use the same engines, right?

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I remember a suicide dare race I had with a guy in highschool who drove a Vega. I was on the outside lane in a stretch of road that after a couple blocks would end and combine into one lane.

My heart was beating so fast and I knew I could beat him.
The little pinto with it's tractor motor pulled ahead about a car length and he......................had to.................pull in behind me.

Vega's were JUNK!
Used oil!

Reactions: Ed Valentine
F

FB7777

B&S lawnmower engines must be ridiculous low margin items

you can buy a $300 Briggsequipped lawnmower

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Personally I had great success with the Brigg's engines. I had a 35 year old John Deere lawn and garden tractor the literally went through hell; worked the day light out of it. Still running to this day! But, I gave it oil changes every 100 hours.

JimMy driving a Pinto? Heck, I thought he drove a covered wagon!

LOL

Reactions: Nomad74

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Briggs is just getting breathing room from creditors, but this filing may suggest a "necessary" move of more manufacturing to Czechistan.

Or, it may indicate today's wussy-man doesn't want a noisy, smelly gas powered tool that sometimes needs mechanical attention.

1965 Triumph TR-4
57 Ford 2-door wagon. With curtains. Did not park within view of date's house

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Vettes don't crash worth shit. My buddy just wrote this one off. It was a limited edition made for gm executives.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom