Oh..the shock

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
...on her face...

When you dare saying that you'll need to get paid for the work: this much or that much.

After 18 -19 years of doing this- it still gets me. No I do not work for free :lol: and the two couches and one love seat and the two armchairs' combined arm count and headrest count is a lot more than what one can just "throw in for free".

That's 10 arm rests.. And 10 headrest areas to clean. Which are usually the dirtiest spots on any upholstery piece anyways.

What's your least offensive way to address their disbelief that they'll be needing to pay for that too?

I already got the "fook off lady I ain't doin' nuffin for free maaan"

SamIam

Name
sam miller
...on her face...

When you dare saying that you'll need to get paid for the work: this much or that much.

After 18 -19 years of doing this- it still gets me. No I do not work for free :lol: and the two couches and one love seat and the two armchairs' combined arm count and headrest count is a lot more than what one can just "throw in for free".

That's 10 arm rests.. And 10 headrest areas to clean. Which are usually the dirtiest spots on any upholstery piece anyways.

What's your least offensive way to address their disbelief that they'll be needing to pay for that too?

I already got the "fook off lady I ain't doin' nuffin for free maaan"

Greedy bastages clean the old lady’s stuff!

Was she scantly clad trying to barter or just stoopid!

As Larry would say!

Name
Nate W.
Do the Gary Heacock, hit them with the high price and if they bark, say that includes fabric protection...

Or hit them with the "management" doesn't allow you to clean and not get paid...

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Gets me every time too. I just hold my ground... Doing a 26 feet sectional this week. Gonna take a while to vac it. Pretty dirty. But fortunately the lady is all good with my price.. i encounter the shock factor more often in the window cleaning quote..

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
"Oh, since you're here can you just hit this little PAIN IN THE ASS FLOPPY ASS CRAPPY area rug with your wand for me"

Sure, for $30.

Reactions: BIG WOOD and DAT

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
My kids got to eat too.
I do this so one day I can hope to have a house as nice as this one. But untill then I have to charge a fair price to cover my bills.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
We had a full clean price and "touch panel" price so long as the fabric would allow it. It was usually 25-30% discount. I really didn't feel like moving the couch out because then that would turn into "Oh just give that little squirt back there if ya would" It would be the couch that was perfectly squeezed between a lot of other furniture and that meant I had to become a contortionist to bend down, lift a leg and place a block. All while hoping the other side didn't fall.

Reactions: jcooper and Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom