OK chemists, thoughts?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
and you think the dye blockers magically find those little tiny holes and latch on before the rinse gets vacuumed out of the carpet? ...come on Sam you're smarter than that..

I hope.
Have you ever spilled koolaide in a carpet that’s not protected and cleaned it immediately?

Come on whose smart?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I just wanna clean like 1%er and make money and not worry about prespray for rest of my life...

I wonder how much more money a carpet cleaner would if they gave their biz more attention instead of debating the best prespray on the planet on fb... Ill just use what mark is using..

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Prochem came out with quart bottles of stain blocker in the late 80’s after stain master was out.

It was a clear dye $10
A quart for like a 1000 sq ft.

They sold it for a month and DuPont had a fit.

Finally they came out with master series with the test kits. And two types of protector one for non stain resist carpets and one for stain resist carpets those products retailed for around $60 per gal

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I just wanna clean like 1%er and make money and not worry about prespray for rest of my life...

I wonder how much more money a carpet cleaner would if they gave their biz more attention instead of debating the best prespray on the planet on fb... Ill just use what mark is using..
If your market allows you to run 1 prespray then maybe?

not knocking Marks product as I've never tried it and he definitely comes across as caring about what he does.
But I carry 3 presprays for carpet and 3 rinses

Reactions: Cleanworks and DAT

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
If your market allows you to run 1 prespray then maybe?

not knocking Marks product as I've never tried it and he definitely comes across as caring about what he does.
But I carry 3 presprays for carpet and 3 rinses
I carry about 3 as well. One for wool, one for normal traffic and one nuclear prespray.

Marks products is very good. I like Harvard products as well which he works with, i think. Prochem definitely is definitely good products. Im starting to lean on what sooper been saying, it aint complicated, you only need a few cleaning chem and it more than enough to do 98.96754% of the jobs...

Mikey P

Administrator
It was funny so I won't make a list..........

Premium means not having to deal with synthetic dyes

New review for Connoisseur Carpet, Tile & Upholstery Cleaning
Gardnerville, NV 89460
Jeff C.
ZSZ4vJ91NFRSfGglZloERJ4mTd6U0FMmUPOjcGDu6iNsDamILNuVXs-DbN3Fgb9PEdN3Z5VOs1secaFLRrBpG-8M-NF046JjMgh-tsq00feKGaQdUxk1xhjh-D4GEgdaij8tFNHtYg5uPmFKbEisOnLuM3x-QwrmghCFjebuYooeMZjA=s0-d-e1-ft
ZoGLx7ktR8B0QPMiQFmHJGgjJQZWWuUE0zd2kox__HNUev9QFa1rAWWk-Oqtx-s5EhLFJHiJt3mD8p8IcytRIWrSV906PsMyRSIrLWaY4kZca92Nsx0TQF5TjUtPRABV7MoZSS6-LbKADwNFqEjZL955zerZJ3RPh_qgS24wwVErFV8=s0-d-e1-ft
Paz39CKLyzkP0KGceXhTKSOgTDqPa6vh9peOFrLSnnpPHgyaHiGgHC0G_h8jtmAnVEAh0cg_pkgSnCFrYSEbg9KcxeOdBVdzt0_qMwST_uUphohmRQ_Gj_NweDvAyXMeklG3Yr1svc_LYH45y-4nkLLtciahyIVYxZ3hAqo1YxvCQw=s0-d-e1-ft
5 star rating
7/8/2019
So, one evening our dog woke up from behind my tv chair and squeezed out under my small round chairside table...upon which was a crystal wine glass full of RED wine! I watched it in slow motion shatter against the wall and explode against the tv chest, spray into the hall and soak into our nearly new light gray carpet. We did what we could to dab it up, and the next day called Mike at Connoisseur Carpet & Cleaning. We had little hope either that the carpet could be saved or that we'd see anything of Mike, a stranger to us, for a day or two. WRONG! Mike came out within three hours and had it totally cleaned in 45 minutes. It's good as new, and we've found a knowledgeable, trustworthy, professional to call in the future. Highly recommended. Thanks, Mike.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
If you were prespraying a polymer and rinsing with a polymer I'd give it a solid maybe

it works .
I used Steve Smith's PBX for awhile as pre-spray and my regular rinse (1/3 to 1/2 suggested dilute of Prochem Heat Wave or Dry Slurry)
The lack of re-soil was noticeable in some homes

but seems like that would be a lot of wasted polymer

it is.
as most is rinsed out in the wanding.
But not all if using pre-spray in sufficient quantity for moderate to heavy soil conditions (gal RTU pr 200-300sf)

..L.T.A.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Harvard does not make the chems here being asked about.

I believe it was a Steam way product I had won many years ago that also claimed had a protectant in their rinse... But I never tried it way back then...

I prefer not to run a polymer rinse through my truckmounts as in some experimenting we found they would plug up the units especially at higher heat.

I have used a polymer rinse once on a bad powdered carpet deodorizer job... Seemed to help but Descaled after that job.

I prefer (and so does Harvard) to apply a protectant that old fashioned way yet (after cleaning)

It someone could get some product it would be interesting to see it's performance... But I would only practice on an old scrap sample or your personal home vs sell magic pixy dust protectant (@Jimmy L influenced here) to your clients...

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya if bought it I would try at my house first.
I’ve seen this product for over a year in Facebook. Not a fan of rinsing with a polymer either.

Prochems all fiber deep clean is a good product a acid side detergent with polymer also.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Hard to see but this carpet was rinsed with clean and protect and there was noticeable water heading from pre spray and rinse again.

Maybe buy a gallon and test before you say stuff is misleading or doesn’t work.

making bad judgements can cost you credibility.
But good testing and not theory can establish reliable judgements.

ADE29759-9847-49C9-88A2-77E69F2EEC00.jpeg

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Now go drop some water on an uncleaned area....
We cleaned it all yesterday, I was surprised it was beading you.

my guy dragged a wheel chair and possible burned the carpet I was trying to get the line out. But there was definite beading so it does have protective qualities.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I personally wouldn’t charge more to use it as a protector, I’am hoping customers notice that carpet aren’t resoiling as fast and say wow these guys are great!

Reactions: Hack Attack

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Prochem came out with quart bottles of stain blocker in the late 80’s after stain master was out.

It was a clear dye $10
A quart for like a 1000 sq ft.

They sold it for a month and DuPont had a fit.

Finally they came out with master series with the test kits. And two types of protector one for non stain resist carpets and one for stain resist carpets those products retailed for around $60 per gal

A lot of short sighted carpet cleaners resisted Masterseries. However, we would mention the product on the phone when speaking to potential customers (must be trained and certified, die blockers like DuPont Stainmaster, two-step process with dieblockers incuded in the cleaning process and then more product applied and brushed in, special costly sprayer required, etc.) and this often tipped the scales to choose our cleaning company over others that didn’t offer this new advanced technology. Masterseries added nicely to the sales ticket.

It didn’t seem to beed up as much as straight Teflon, but it did offer die stain resistance. I once just rinsed out a red drink stain on a white carpet I had recently treated with Masterseries.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom