Ok how about this idea "fundraising"

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
So I have a child in comp soccer, and one on a comp cheerleading squad. Both as you know require "extra money" for camps, tournaments etc.

So my thought was to offer my services and have part of the money go to the team..

Say you charge $25 a room, and for this you decide to charge $30, of which $10 will go to the team. Yes you raised the price a little, but the extra $5 is what they are paying to the team, with a matching $5 from me/the company. No i am not going to explain that whole thing to everyone. Just letting you guys know what i am thinking, so you dont think i am trying to do a B&S.

Also if the kids/parents land me any commercial work, it would be like 15 or 20% of the bill would go to the team.

What you think??

Good way to get cheap "salesman" out there
Its word of mouth, being that they know me and would/should be able to offer my services
Could build a nice little customer list.
Makes it to were i dont feel like a pushy salesman.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Sounds like a nice idea Doug.

Have you ever considered sponsering either of your two children's teams also ?

Where I'm from; construction companies, restaurants, and yes even carpet cleaning companies sponser little league teams. Baseball, Soccer, Hockey, Basketball you name it, ect... Great advertising as well.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
all new and all parents, board of directors and volunteers of the B&G Club they give me the mailing list and I kick back 10% on the full purchase. My Logo and their Logo on the card saying 10% will be donated to the club

I do this and it is very successful. Why would you raise the price to donate? I use their mailing list and logos and kick 10% back. The Customer fills out the donation form and signs it and I give a check to the B&G Club. I also give a whole house carpet cleaning gift certificate to their Golf Tourney Raffle as well as two rooms or a sofa to anyother charity raffle in the area.

I was also toying with the idea of free mondays one Monday a month I donate all proceeds to a local charity.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Sounds like a nice idea Doug.

Have you ever considered sponsering either of your two children's teams also ?

Where I'm from; construction companies, restaurants, and yes even carpet cleaning companies sponser little league teams. Baseball, Soccer, Hockey, Basketball you name it, ect... Great advertising as well.

yeah, but that means i have to be making quiet a bit more..lol

i guess in a way thats what this would be

also i thought about making it a coupon good for a year (seeing how each team just started for their yr) that way the money comes in through out the year..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom