Ok I have to brag just a bit

I went to do an estimate this morning. The guy had all the measurements written down as we went through the house. We started in his son's room (550 sq ft) and walked through the house. He mentioned that he had two other companies come out to do estimates. I'm not saying they're hacks or anything, but they are not on my level. Still they have very professional images and nice equipment. Company A is using the EVEREST 650 and company B is using the Hydramster TITAN (the big one). Now one of them is cheap as hell (three rooms 75 dollars). The other one is middle of the road. They both gave their professional presentations about how they clean,neutralize,and use the biggest tms etc. Yada yada and whatever. I had two choices try and compete or just say fook it I am the best here is my price. I quoted 750 to clean and protect which was 300 higher than the other bid. I was a little more detailed and and left all the BS out. I did my thing. I have been emailing the estimates rather than doing a price quote right there with the customer standing over me. This gives me an advantage. I can sit down and really think about how I need to price the job out. Normally I would quote lower than I would like with the customer standing there. With the estimate emailed I can explain pricing and feel better about quoting higher prices.

I booked the job.

Suckers. I may not win them all, but I refuse to whore myself out and it seems the higher I quote the more bids I win.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
so what makes you better? Why aren't they on your level? The titan would crush your everest so what are you doing differently could you post a copy of your estimate saying what you are going to do? Id love to see it to see how to be significantly higher and still get the job

I also think it is a financial disadvantage not to have the customer in front of you when you do estimates, if they are there you don't need to think , you sell. If you have to think about your estimate when you are emailing then your system is aschew

Becker

Name
Becker
Yet you are afraid to give the client at option to use plastic..

Was the client like the old guy from Family guy? You know the guy with the walker?

Why aren't they on my level?

Because they just aren't or they would have got the job 300 dollars cheaper.

One guy offered a whole house 199 special.

This shit is getting easier by the day.

Greg it's not about price, equipment, or how bad ass your wrap is.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I didn't say any of that I asked you why and to see the stimate to see what we broke dicks are doing wrong

We only did just over $7,200 this week and none of our jobs was over $485

Becker

Name
Becker
so, because of the lack of reply.. I'm guessing he was like the guy on family guy..

He liked your pretty young face.

images

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I do owe alot to this board but I can tell you exactly where and how I make my money. I can guarantee a few things becker and one is I am not you. Heck your probably not even absurdi

Becker

Name
Becker
Well, I don't owe 90% of my success to MB.. Or what ever drunken % you quoted.
I have however picked up a few pointers here and there.

I treat my clients well, amaze them with results that don't compare with other local cleaners, I'm always on time ( 95% ) with given appointment times, I don't BS them, or pretend or treat them as if they were stupid.

50% of my work last month was repeat. A good % of referral work.

My clients love me, respect me, and trust me.

So, stab away Greg.. Make yourself feel good.

Who the hell knows?

Probably the same stuff you are saying.

I hired a painter a few months back and went with the highest bid. It didn't even seem high when he spent three days preping before he even started painting, I knew I in fact got a great deal. The job took five days (1100 including materials). One guy wanted 500.

I thought I could do the job myself. YEA RIGHT. Not after watching how much work is really involved.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
stab away? I just pointed out what i believe to be simple facts. I didn;t work for someone else like you did and had to learn it somewhere and my business is evolving from it. I am sorry that your personal issues have impeded your brain processing. About pretty close to 100% was refers and repeats last month. How about that

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I guess you never worked for another company then. I don't know. When you started there wasn't a board to get advice from. I asked Ken to ride along with his crews because I never got the training, it isn't a bad thing working for someone it teaches you the business. I am sorry you never worked for another carpet cleaner and just started your business when you were 16 from scratch Okay

Becker

Name
Becker
Never pulled a w-2 in all my life. Have never been employed in all my life.

Started my own business at 16, window cleaning. added carpet cleaning at 17 using a rug doctor. No lie. A rented rug doctor at that.
Bought a used rug doctor from the local dealer soon after, ( ya know the old style box hose and brush wand) then a ninja, that was stolen out of the back of my truck, I then replaced it, then moved up to a new van and a chemtex panter truck mount. (POS)
Built and sold one business.
Guy I sold to was a moron, and has since gone out of business, but I got my payday.

I cleaned carpets for like 8 years before taking a IICRC class.

I do my own web design, mostly my own SEO ( I've gotten some great advice off MB for SEO and hope to repay the favors some how )
I design my own ads, marketing.

I did not make it to MF because I was supporting my son on his 3rd half marathon.

So, stab away.. You are in he dark dumb ass!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
see Becker I just stated I have no clue. I don't web search you like you do me. I am glad you didn't go to Mikefest we were sans a douche bag. From the crowd I didn't see a one, that would be you if you came. I applaud you for being at your kids 1/2 marathon good for him. I was also glad to be away from my kids though I missed them 24/7 gets rough when 1/3-1/2 is by yourself with them. Now your bragging about your business prowess right? again you couldn't lick my boot but it doesn't even bother me. I am happy and happy to delegate things to people who can do them better.

You asked about Marty ask the boys at the fest, they loved him. Great guy all around. Would you like me to show you the ATM slips for the car hotel food booze entertainment etc

another thread ruined with your sick fascination please devote more time fantasizing about absudy than me

Becker

Name
Becker
You paid for your car and everything else at an ATM?

Greg,, no you assumed I worked for another company 1st.

As for web searching you, no.. I don't I get emailed shit on you.. links etc.
Someone sent me your community tv show video.
As for the video I made on you. You know, your BS VM.. I just went to your photobucket and added the pics.

MF is fun, I had a great time the 2 times I went.
Made some great friends. Friends I have met up with a few times since.

Maybe we will meet at connections in Vegas. If you liked MF you will enjoy connections. It is a great event.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I'm just amazed that a guy who seems to think he knows how to be a big time CC doesn't see the value in lettering his van and having a moving billboard. I like for people to see my vehicle at the houses and buildings I work at. Maybe he uses his van as a personal vehicle and doesn't want it to look like he has no second vehicle.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
sure Becker people randomly email info about me to you. I did figure you may have worked for someone, so again that isn't a bad thing that is why Brent will probably wind up kicking yours and surdis ass(if your in the same area) No I paid for everything with the ATM Card sorry if the distance may change what you call it

Again I have no desire to meet you, you are a black hole who is missing something. You are an obsessive compuslive loser that would bring no joy to a meeting. I have yet find anyone except JJ who enjoyed meeting you

Doug: he would have to pay to have it removed when he returned his lease

I agree, but my van has 190k miles. Maybe when I get a new truck. My back up is lettered.
Doug Cox said:
I'm just amazed that a guy who seems to think he knows how to be a big time CC doesn't see the value in lettering his van and having a moving billboard. I like for people to see my vehicle at the houses and buildings I work at. Maybe he uses his van as a personal vehicle and doesn't want it to look like he has no second vehicle.

Becker

Name
Becker
An ATM card huh.....

You mean a debit card with a visa or MC logo?

Brent is a kick ass guy.
He has motivation!
He will be huge one day.
Brent gets my over flow and treats them well.
Surdi is also a kick ass guy. Also very motivated.

Ben, nor Brent cause me a threat at all.
I have a good relationship with Brent, we help each other out as we can. In fact we work on a job together a few weeks ago.
Ben does his thing, and we don't conflict each other.

You know about as much about me as you do brent or ben. And that is pretty much squat!

As for people emailing me shit on you.. LOL.. The PMs I got or emails I got after posting your rant VM..

They are not random emails.

They only seems to come with you are at your best..

Becker

Name
Becker
Your main van has 190k miles, but your back up is lettered?
How many miles on that thing.

I have 90k on my 06 van.. starting to look to replace it. I prefer to do it at 100-120k
This go around I wont sell the 06, instead sell my 96' and put my 06 in it's place.

You come off as a high roller Daniel.

No lettered van, no plastic option, no heath care as I understand it.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
alright Becker. I have to go get laid before its too late for the night. You have the business world conquered and are way ahead of me in every aspect of life except a few things. You like to type bullshit I took companies into billion dollar deals(sodexho marriot alliance) I am married for life, people like to rag on me about being a stay at home dad who happens to own a business and it is my proudest achievement. I can honestly say we have different priorities. Good luck with your happy business friends in the same area. Good luck Love JJ

Becker

Name
Becker
LOL!

Not sure I was comparing myself to you, or my business to yours.
I'm glad you found marriage for life.
Lord knows knocking up your girlfriends was not working for you., Seemed to cause you a lot of stress, and grief.
She sounded like a real winner.

As for getting laid, I'm sure your wife would enjoy reading this message. Real class!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom