OK, I'm officially tired of this winter business!!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
For Christ's sake............ 3 days a week? I'm suppose to be off til March. WTF? lol.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Must be nice to be rolling in the dough so much that you don't want to make any more money :roll: I can't say that i know how that feels.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Don't be a hater. I always plan on a slow winter, so when I have to work, especially numerous days in a week, its an oddity, especially in the beginning of January. Then again Jamie, you're in Detroit, so its probably winter year round for you right now. lol

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Doug Cox said:
Don't be a hater. I always plan on a slow winter, so when I have to work, especially numerous days in a week, its an oddity, especially in the beginning of January.

I not being a hater, We all plan for a slow January through March but we shouldn't complian when there is extra money comming in. :mrgreen:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Can't really say I'm envious... I really rather not(I do, but rather not) work in this crap weather we've been having. How much snow did you get today Doug?

I'm with Doug on this one....2 cleans and 2 carpets today...booked till the middle of the month at least...will probably have to work this weekend...

Was kind of hoping to have some time off...the Bald Eagles are in and was hoping to get out the river raft and do a eagle watching river float down the Skagit River.
Our weather is uncommonly warm in the PNW this year.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I had to shut down this whole week due to weather.

Very hard and long winter so far.

Schools closed 3 days this week.

Still waiting to mail my holiday's over clean up sale.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I will never figure this business out. This is usually a slow week for me and on top of that it's freezing with a chance of snow and I'm having a record week!

I can't complain, the bills keep coming.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Jim Williams said:
I will never figure this business out. This is usually a slow week for me and on top of that it's freezing with a chance of snow and I'm having a record week!

I can't complain, the bills keep coming.

Well....it's snowing now, it will snow all night, and it will snow all day tomorrow. I'm keeping the truck in the WARM garage unless I get an emergency extraction call. I do have some tile jobs for next week. One is ceramic and in a winery, and another is Jerusulem tile in a 2000 sf kitchen. The sealer goes to the installer that got me the jobs. Not a bad deal.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I put more hours on my ATV this week then my TM! :oops: :D Next week I'm going to drum up some work though. Kind of getting anxious now. I beat the hell out of this thing this week! :lol: :D

002-9.jpg

Name
Bruce
5 inches over night, wind is blowing about 30mph and it's 18degrees out. Heading out for 3 jobs today, hope they have their driveways cleared.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Nobody needs money any more than I do right now ... why did I ever have kids? ... but with the highs being below freezing for the past couple of days, I really don't want to "unwinterize" the Vortex every day to go do just one or two jobs.

PITA ... and if it was a regular thing I would HAVE to break down and get a garage to park that monster in.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Pussy's, it's zero out right now, going to be -13 tonight with -40 wind chill. :wink:

We had a crew out at a hotel last night with 6-rooms wet, just sent another crew to another hotel with 3-rooms and halls wet and another crew to a sewage loss.

We had a main break at a bank Monday, the water was freezing at the inlet to the machine. They eventually lost suction and had to chip away the block of ice obstructing the inlet.

As much as we hate the cold it brings in the work, we've had maybe 3-dozen water losses in the last few weeks.

Mike Draper

I'm leaving for a residential job in about 30 minutes..................It's -14 outside!

tim

For those that dont do much water damage work, January sucks!! Sub zero wind chill, schools closed, 14 inches of snow and high winds equal no work!! Cant wait until February

Chris A

Name
Chris
I rescheduled today, we were supposed to have a ton of snow, ended up only being about 4"... next week looks pretty good, probably 5 solid days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom