Ok, so if 2.5" lowers my heat from the blower HX...

Chris A

Name
Chris
... will a Bayco help bring some of that back? '08 CDS 4.8 w/salsa. I have a Bayco on my old unit, but never one with a blower HX. Thanks!

Greenie

That would depend, if you were honestly running the unit at 15"hg Before the Bayco, it may not add much more heat, if you were running at HM specs...say 12-13"hg, you will see some more heat, may not be as much as you seek though cause the unit is breathing much better all around.

You may need some waste tank support brackets.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'm running 12-13, I'm just worried since I'm a northerner I'm only gonna get 180-190 outta my 10 flow greenhorn by going to 2.5, just weighing good and bad.

lance

180 - 190 heat with high flow is not the same thing as 180 - 190 with low flow. I'd rather clean with really warm water while having lots of flow and pressure combined with strong vac as opposed to cleaning with really hot water but using an 06 flow wand and vac that is just so so.

I've cleaned with the latter and wasn't very impressed. Especially with no agitation of the PS. Do the former with some agitation (which increases the dwell time) and I bet you'll get some great results and not have to go over and over the TA's.

Chris A

Name
Chris
yeah Thanks Lance, my question really isn't about flow though, I know about flow, and I'm getting ~1 hour dry times with airmovers, so the vac is still not too bad.

Greenie

c_adkins said:
I'm running 12-13, I'm just worried since I'm a northerner I'm only gonna get 180-190 outta my 10 flow greenhorn by going to 2.5, just weighing good and bad.

First, start off by setting your relief spring to the maximum the BLOWER mfg. supports, not what HM says in their literature, that will get you some more Salsa heat, you'll probably see 230, then you can try the 4 to the door with some regular 2" hose out 50' to the Y connector, that will replicate a section of 2.5' hose.

Report back how much temp you drop, AFTER you have adjusted the spring to the NEW standard and run it for a few days at that setting, and the 4 to the door at the same setting.

I don't think you will need a Bayco with the high flow set up, it'll rarely ever trip the releif valve with such high airflow to the wand.

Chris A

Name
Chris
The max is 15" if I remember right. No Bayco, got it, will report back. See you in a few weeks at Winterfest?

TimP

I run mine at 14", I set it to 15 at one point but it's at 14 now. Anyways with my greenhorn once the blower is hot I can keep 220 while cleaning and it being about 50-60 outside. It will hold 230 in the summer. I thought HM says to run at 14 hg in the book anyway.

But I don't run 2.5" hose so I wouldn't know how much change there would be. I've run 4 to the door and hadn't noticed much difference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom