Ok, so now we wait...

Chris A

Name
Chris
Did a quote today on a HUGE account, one that would almost double our business overnight, and now we play the waiting game... I'm a little worried because I bid this lower than we've ever cleaned carpet for, but I'm pretty confident in my numbers, and running both trucks should help. So we'll see...

Chris A

Name
Chris
yeah LOL, its either gonna be a Prime Rib or Top Ramen Christmas, I should know in a couple days! :lol:

RandyHilburn

Wow! Doubling your business over night would be really nice - especially if its a long term deal! Good luck and Merry Christmas.

[One word of caution that you have probably already thought about: Be careful how much of your overall business is tied up in one account (there is a downside to having 'too many eggs in one basket').]

Chris A

Name
Chris
yeah absolutely Randy, I'm very aware of that, I really see this account being a stepping stone for us if we can snag it.

Greenie

Hey going from $30K a year to $60K is to be commended.

just yankin' ya
hope all goes well, plenty here would "clean for less than they ever have before" to double their business.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Hey KMA Greenie, I did 32 last year. Imma gonna be sittin purty..... :lol:

Scott

Here's hoping you get it, Chris.

Is there any way you can get in the middle of the decision-making process? I.E. sitting down with the d-maker or at least calling or sending him/her a personal thank you letter before the decision?

TimP

Submitted a bid for some cleaning of ceramic tile earlier today. A job done by me, my in-laws store and a tile installer. Anyway my part came to just over a grand for 1-2 days work (clean and seal some tile).

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
c_adkins said:
Hey KMA Greenie, I did 32 last year. Imma gonna be sittin purty..... :lol:

Wow from 32 to 67 overnight? Be careful of those numbers you talked about. They are number one in my business. I make sure that I don't mess that up. :|

R

R W

I called a regular quarterly customer today to ask if theynwere planning on cleaning during the Christmas downtime (It's a small college). The Administrator called me back to say that she had forgot to call, and was planning to call that day. They were just starting an addition to the school, and I thought they might wait till it was complete.

Yes, they want the carpets cleaned (about 12,000 sf), plus ALL the chairs cleaned this time. There has to be 200+ chairs through out the building, so it will be a nice job for the Christmas down week.

Yes......

PS Greenie, I really need that 2.5 to 2" wye .......ASAP!

Chris A

Name
Chris
Brian Robison said:
[quote="c_adkins":3pk2w1cu]Hey KMA Greenie, I did 32 last year. Imma gonna be sittin purty..... :lol:

Wow from 32 to 67 overnight? Be careful of those numbers you talked about. They are number one in my business. I make sure that I don't mess that up. :|[/quote:3pk2w1cu]

Brian, if I really did 32k a year I'd be livin in a van down by the river next door to Bristor,, plus much of this work will be done with 2 trucks, and will only be about 15 hours a week. Hi production baby!!!

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I just bid 53K sq ft the other day lower than I have before as well. I have never encapped a job from start to finish, but this will be. Needs to be X-vac'd really bad. They didn't care, just wanted to check it off the list to get it done. Will be a good project for the chimp for about a week.

Super Bowl is coming here, so I am making some contacts to make that my late Christmas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom