Ok Vortex owners, fess up!

Mikey P

Administrator
I bet Yappy just squeezed out a poop ball reading this

No Im not going to ask if you regret your purchase..

I want to know how many times you have driven off with the back barn doors unlatched.

I've lost count... :shock:

G

I was driving down a freeway and saw a MBorder's V with one unlatched, luckily it was the left and was held shut by the right....

I took a pic with my phone camera!

Then called him and told him of his dipshittedness....

boazcan

Name
Bryan C

twice in one day :roll:

Only had stuff fall out twice. Once outside the shop, my bucket on wheels rolled out. It had some small monkey pads, other stone stuff, and orbital sander in it. I realized it a block down the road and turned around only to find some guy picking up my stuff as I pulled up. Went to straight to the back of his truck to grab my stuff.

Had my dyson come out on a main 4 lane highway. Was in about 4 pieces. $79 repair and it is still running.

Scares the :twisted: out of me every time I do it.

N

nwhmbiz

Took out a mailbox last year, scared the hell out of me and customer. (he was standing next to the mailbox). Those big ass doors can do some damage! :shock:

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
There is an easy way to fix that. 8)
100_1197.jpg
100_1414.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
A Subaru tail light a few year back and a Mercedes rear fender not long after.

Had Greenie's loaner stair tool fall out once and a bunch of swinging door incidents.

Not sure who is worse, me or the tech.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Just once, pulling out of the shop, ripped the weather striping off around the garage door.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Had a cheap pump up sprayer fall out and a nice man followed me for 3 miles trying to get my attention. He stopped and picked it up and chased me down. I keep everything tied down now. As Clint Eastwood said "A mans gotta know his limitations".
Al

steve g

Name
steve garrett
while this isn't about a vortex, but the last place I worked out we used box trucks, normally there was always 2 guys sent out, anyways I was by myself one day. I had to get something out of the truck ran into the house did something fairly quickly then just got back in the truck. I leave the neighborhood get back on the freeway. a car pulls up by me while driving and starts pointing backward since there wasn't really a place to pull off I just figured I will stop at the next exit. I go along some more and another car comes by honking and freaking out waving backward, so I figure I better pull off now. I had to pull off into the grass, what happened was I left the back door up and airmover had fallen out and the cord got stuck on something in the truck and was dragging an airmover by the cord down the road. I threw it back in closed the door and LMAO :lol:

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Sounds like you Vortex fellas need 2 simple plunger switches installed, one on each back door, going to a 12 VDC alarm, that would activate when the truck was started to let you know when the doors weren't secure, before you engage it into gear. ...lol

Jason

I've got the pull down garage doors, so when I leave them up motorists, are waving to me.

Got to the point of where I would stop sometimes just to verify, and if I couldn't remember verifying since last opened... I would have to pull over and check... !

Was reading later about schitzo'd people who were like that, would be unsure of things and have to get out and check things over and over....

But it ain't crazy if you're pulling over to check it the first time!!

Driver--be sure when you jump in to drive, that you verify!!

Nice truck Beatty!!

Name
Lee Stockwell
ANY of us, whatever we drive, should get into the habit of doing a "walkaround" before leaving a jobsite.

Don't complain, you need the exercise anyway.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Jason, I have left a job and stopped several truck lengths down the street , jumped out, ran around the truck to make sure the doors were down. Makes you feel stupid, but in the end it is worth it. :mrgreen:

Lora Olson

Bob Savage said:
Sounds like you Vortex fellas need 2 simple plunger switches installed, one on each back door, going to a 12 VDC alarm, that would activate when the truck was started to let you know when the doors weren't secure, before you engage it into gear. ...lol

Our service manager did something like this, (hooked up a horn too) on the rental Sapphire trailer. It works great and didn't cost more than a couple of hundred dollars with parts and install. Worth it if it keeps you from hitting someone's car on the freeway. That could get REAL expensive.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I have never left them open on the road, however my tech used to sometimes leave it open when we were going to other side of lot to empty. After a couple times and a couple of cursings from me he has not made that mistake for awhile.

However, I have been known to leave my tool pouch on the back bumper a couple of times, had someone chase me down to let me know one time, and one time I drove 45 miles to a job like that and it was still there! Also, adjustable wrenches twice.

My worst f**k ups this year has been driving off twice with the extention cords still hooked up. Once with the heater and when it pulled apart I had some nice fireworks at 6am in the morning and just yesterday morning the block heater cord "fortunately" became stuck on the rear tires and tore it in half, thank goodness didn't damage the plug on the frame.

To much sh*t going on for this old mind I guess. Sometimes we just get in to big of a hurry.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Have a roll up but left side and rear open atleast twice. I now do the run around the truck no matter what. My brain likes to trick and confuse me from time to time.

Nothing damaged yet.

Lefty724

Name
E
NO VORTEX HERE......but did leave my rear door open one time and had this hot chick waving at me and I thought she was interested in me..............turns out one of my pump up's fell out and she was pissed!!!! LOL

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
My guys were always driving away our box truck with the heater still plugged in. So I rigged a "breakaway" with outlets and cords secured to the truck and our shop. When they do it now, the cords just unplug and usually nothing breaks. I can tell when they do it though cause the cord on the building side is pulled out to where the back of the truck would be when parked.

jeff powell

I've got a roll up door. left it up maybe ten to fifteen times, lost a vacuum, spotting bag, 175 fell out once. I need to slow down. I've had people call the office several times.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
should try the fold up doors like on my old rig. They could decapitate someone!!
Only left the rear open once or twice then got in a habit of securing it. Side door opened a lot, chem jugs flew into ditch on a right turn, brand new blower got tossed once, just bought the thing.

The new truck has a rollup. Left it open a couple times now. Not much to fall out the back but a loose quick connect or oil container. Left a filter sock on the rear bumper several times. Drove home, hitting 60 some times, yes, mph, and it was still there! Amazing what will stay on that bumper.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom