Okay, Chem Dry guys...

asupremeclean

Or any one familiar with Chem Dry procedures.

What is your procedure for removing the yellow stains caused by dog urine?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I thought I had heard of a product called PURT? or is that for red stains?

T

The Magician

Policy is to get all stains out with special agent. To out clean, any hot temp, high vac. slide in, pto. TM, Vortex./ EZ machines. Faster drying. Out clean any wand with or with glides even using 2.5 hose. Now thats Chem Dry!! Any comments appreciated.

asupremeclean

P U R T

Ok, is that similar to judson's system then?

The "yellow" is the problem not the odor. (I can remove the odor)

Is an oxidizer the secret then?

I hate the saying "Sometimes the stains come out and sometimes they don't"

SO, that being said, what is the best procedure to remove the "yellow" stains?

G

Yes .you can start with an oxidizing compound like OSR/PETZONE but it might not be aggressive enough all the time,so if you still have yellowing,try Stain Magic or equivelant preferably when it is dry.

G

No,after,so you will either have to speed dry or come back,or you could do what I do alot and extract and dry it as best you can then spray it and for the most part it will take,I just know in tougher situations it works better dry.Some guys will put plastic on top to keep it from evaporating to quickly.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I think what Kevin meant was after cleaning and drying. If the carpets damp stain magic will still work most of the time. Truth is, some stains don't come out.

Mike Draper

The Magician said:
Policy is to get all stains out with special agent. To out clean, any hot temp, high vac. slide in, pto. TM, Vortex./ EZ machines. Faster drying. Out clean any wand with or with glides even using 2.5 hose. Now thats Chem Dry!! Any comments appreciated.

I thought it was the exact opposite. Do a shittier job than any cleaner in the history of cleaners. Anyhow, seems that how they do business where I live.

asupremeclean

The Magician said:

That must be "special agent" 00
Thanks for nothing Jack.

Greenie

To my knowldege PURT is an enzyme digester, not a yellow remover, but plenty of chem dry guys have wised up to chemistry outside the system like CTI and BP etc... and I am willing to bet they have a standard yellow remover, probably just use their CD approved tannin stain remover.

Learn your colors and spot dye, gives you a headstart in claiming you can remove all stain (or hide them well enough) to get paid, strip a color, put some back, be a hero.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I have followed up jobs performed by Chemdry (I think the old school guys) who applied PURT. They made the customer sign a release warning of color loss. That is what happened on each job I went to inspect. However, I could see a lot of reside left over and so I rinsed the areas well. There was still some color loss, but not as much as it appeared due to the white residue.

It needs to be rinsed out!

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
PURT isn't for pet stains, it's for pet odor. And, it's a plant extract. I never saw it cause any color loss. I suppose it could, as it breaks down the urine it generates a lot of ammonia. I did have a few turn red from pH shift. Brown out usually fixed that. I'll say this, though, when the stuff works it does a great job.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
What is your procedure for removing the yellow stains caused by dog urine?

Same as yours. Stain Magic (cd brand is stain out) or a reducer (cd brand is double idemnity). Purt is like osr and needs to be rinsed off and can strip color if left.

Chem-Dry kicks ass.
Steam cleaning uses to much water and mold will grow within 45 minutes :lol:

Albert

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
I use OSR all the time it does not take out color if let in.If you read the directions it tells
you to leave it in with no rinsing.I however rinse it out now because it would leave a
white residue.

R

R W

Chem-Dry kicks ass.
Steam cleaning uses to much water and mold will grow within 45 minutes :lol:

Albert[/quote]

I like that statement.....that'll fire up a few HWE'ers!

G

I use 50/50 Proforce Carpet Cleaner and water add teaspoon of Oxy Clean in a trigger sprayer; spray on generously; let dwell 20 minutes; Extract with Power Mate. Removed 3 basketball size stains and 1 that was 24 x 24 that survived SS and Chem Dry cleanings.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
something I remember from a class I took, Colour Repair I believe.
When the urine ages it turns alkaline and gives off ammonia. That high pH can strip the colour from the carpet, the blues and reds being the first to go, leaving ......the yellow.

J

jpgalley

We can use purt although it mainly deals with odor. I use DI and a catalyst steamer works great. :D

G

jpgalley said:
We can use purt although it mainly deals with odor. I use DI and a catalyst steamer works great. :D
I bet that smells really good :D

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
PURT
Pet urine removal treatment smells like rotten eggs.
It takes out pet odor AND stains.

But it has to be extracted and the original Chem-Dry method had nothing for that.

Of course Chem-Dry is just a sub par steam cleaner now anyway.

Back
Top Bottom