Okay s'plain this one to me Lucy

Mikey P

Administrator
Tell me how a box of arm and Hammer baking soda and some patience is going to help on the carpet that the pad is flooded with piss....

From the perspective of somebody who's been in the carpet cleaning industry of 50 years of course,and probably has his damn jets looking like the airport clock display

Screenshot_20220323-174521.png

• Wow
Reactions: Papa John

FredC

Village Idiot
I hope he is just trolling

I'm guessing he probably is given the profile

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I think people confuse the odor absorbent qualities of baking soda in a refrigerator and it's ability to absorb liquid with usefulness on carpet.

Getting that back out of carpet will be a challenge.

Back in yesteryear when "Carpet Fresh" was the product people "sprinkled" (POURED!!) all over their carpet, the alkaline residue would contribute to post cleaning yellowing.

Rumour was that that crap was initially designed to be put in vacuum cleaner bags to freshen the air, but when the company found out people are too lazy to put the stuff in a bag (or even change a bag), some Einstein said:

"We'll just tell them to put it right on the carpet...."

Anyway, baking soda doesn't belong on carpet.

Mikey P

Administrator
I think people confuse the odor absorbent qualities of baking soda in a refrigerator and it's ability to absorb liquid with usefulness on carpet.

Getting that back out of carpet will be a challenge.

Back in yesteryear when "Carpet Fresh" was the product people "sprinkled" (POURED!!) all over their carpet, the alkaline residue would contribute to post cleaning yellowing.

Rumour was that that crap was initially designed to be put in vacuum cleaner bags to freshen the air, but when the company found out people are too lazy to put the stuff in a bag (or even change a bag), some Einstein said:

"We'll just tell them to put it right on the carpet...."

Anyway, baking soda doesn't belong on carpet.

boy oh boy do I remember that fad.

You would walk in on a job and it looked like it snowed for 6 hours before you arrived. I think in those days I wasn't pre-vacuuming anyways so it just all gunked up into the filter in my HydraMaster CDS

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Back in the day I knew a guy who kept putting backing soda on pet urine "accidents". I remember one spot in particular turned to concrete! I went over and over it trying to get it to break up but no go.
Well, surely that Chrome, or is it Silver stuff would have taken care of it!!!😝

Name
Nate W.
If I were in Canada close to Turtle-Vac Ron HappyFeet, I'd sprinkle a few boxes of carpet fresh and see how much he could remove.. :eekk:

It reminds me of Capture system that SteamWay? (they were based out of NY, Nationwide Mafia Management who'd pay you .05sf to close commercial places).. The Disney Stores would require that system along with some other stores.. I was 8yo vacuuming that crap up..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom