okay what now? (xentherm)

A

amazingcleansc

Okay. Got engine in truck. Here's some pics. I need to know what my steps are to get this Xentherm system operational?

xenpump.jpg

xenpump1.jpg

xenpump2.jpg

xenpump3.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
at a glance..........you are missing the other end of the love joy coupling ...(and the spider insert ) off the cat pump to the Xentherm pump....and looks like you will need to replace or rebuild the pump.....that thing don't look like it has turned in quite awhile....have no clue what the bottom picture is

A

amazingcleansc

well the pump hasnt turned in a while but it turns pretty freely (i think) with my fingers. the other pics are from the bottom of the truck looking in.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
then start by putting the coupling back together between the cat and the oil pump and fire it up....cant really tell nothing else till then..............make sure they are lined up real good..or it will chew the spider all to hell.......

Name
BradFenstermaker
Motion industry will have the love joy parts you need. Do you now if the E3 exchanger under the truck has been replaced before?

I would bang my fist on it an see if anything sounds loose in there, she may be rotted out like mine was.

Do a air pressure test on the E3 by removing both lines and see if she holds pressure. If air and rust dust blow out the exhaust side she is toast.

Your pump may be fine but don't run it long with out oil running threw it.

These older trucks were disabled of zen heat after the E3 went south, that is why all the couplers are removed. Mine did not have a coupler and the Exhaust Diverter was stuck. Which can be repaired

Holler if I can help.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i checked my two pumps and they are frozen i do think i have the love joy though give me a call. also do what brad said and pressure test the e3, dont fill it with expensive xentherm and just to waste it if the e3 or e2 is cracked or busted.

A

amazingcleansc

Mikey P said:
Yep, dump that nightmare and get a fuel fired system.

Why should I get that done? Can't things go wrong with propane as well?

mushroom_cloud.jpg

I think I can do all the work myself and fix my Xen for pretty cheap.

A

amazingcleansc

I was hoping to get it working they way it was originally designed. Has your secondary heating system given you that much shit there mike?

Mikey P

Administrator
At first it did, as it gets older it's lost some steam.

Now with two 010 flow wands it really is nothing to write home about heat wise.

If my first job of the day was on the moon then I would have impressive heat.

A

amazingcleansc

Mikey P said:
At first it did, as it gets older it's lost some steam.

Now with two 010 flow wands it really is nothing to write home about heat wise.

If my first job of the day was on the moon then I would have impressive heat.

gotcha. If I replace the E3 with the stainless replacement, would my heat still be just so-so? What causes the heat to slow down like that?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i don't know the vortex heater but a diesel burner will give heat day in and day out with only the one fuel. if it were my truck i would want simple great heat and a diesel burner does that.

you could still work on the xentherm system and use it as a boost. i guess that depends one your time table.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom