Old Brick and grout floor

Name
BradFenstermaker
Any tips for tackling this project. Some kind of wax has been applied. They heard a polyurethane was put on.

Looks like a wax because it's flaking off in places.
Bricks are very uneven.

I plan to his it with a hot stripper then 175 black pad. Follow up with CRB for the grout.

Rinse with spinner and grout wand.

IMG_20191217_161956311.jpg IMG_20191217_162002763.jpg

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
What’s the square footage?

I would do it by hand possibly $5/ft

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Many years ago Garth Brooks bought a house for his mom and dad that the floor looked like that. We got hired to redo it. I did it just like you said Brad, minus the spinner. We used hi-pro pads with hot stripper. Used baseboard stripper (foam) in joints and uneven spots. You can do that like spotting carpet. Take it as far as you can, then recoat. That’s what you do with vct. It was only new once Ma’am. Don’t run, unless your Damon of course.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Hi-pro will do a good job. They will tear from time to time, but will take a while. That’s why you bring a case or two. Plus, you put hi-pro over some sort of buffer pad. Under the buffer pad!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I actually hope not if he don’t get the right tools. Also, some jobs aren’t one person jobs. Why do you think my poor partner slaved with me for 30 yrs.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don't care what's on that astroturf. $600 in 3-3.5hrs is a good job.

I did turn down a kitchen brick floor about a month ago, due to how thick the urethane was on that floor. That's probably what caused the confusion

Name
BradFenstermaker
I will work on the job after holler days are over.

Thanks everyone for advice. I will be focused on grout mostly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom