Old Crushed in Peach on Wool

carbsol

I have a wall to wall wool Berber carpet that had a peach get smashed under a rug and sat there for about 3 month (they had kids). After cleaning the carpets there is still a big nasty brown spot where the peach was. I am hesitant to use typical products because of the wool fibers. What would ya'll recommend for a product that is safe for wool. Has anyone tried Masterblend Magic?

carbsol said:
I have a wall to wall wool Berber carpet that had a peach get smashed under a rug and sat there for about 3 month (they had kids). After cleaning the carpets there is still a big nasty brown spot where the peach was. I am hesitant to use typical products because of the wool fibers. What would ya'll recommend for a product that is safe for wool. Has anyone tried Masterblend Magic?

Stain Magic for wool.

My guess would be untreatable damage from one or several methods.
The acids in the fruit damaged and discolored the fiber. Mold or mildew contamination and being a natural fiber only hurts the problem. Patch it. use alot of seam sealer on that berber.

Farenheit251

I tried masterblends magic with a steam iron for red stains. It took out all the red and all the carpet color everytime.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Martin I had one of these almost identical situation recently. Fruit had been left to rot in a rental, 3 different rooms (very dark stains, almost a dark orange...). Beige wool berber (think it was a sisal style actually). I treated all the spots repeatedly with a peroxide/ammonia stain remover, with very little change, although there was some. I had been sent to the house to deal specifically with these spots so I perservered, and ended up applying steam with the stain remover gently in small bursts and eventually ended up with a 99% removal with almost no trace of the original stains at all. I may have got lucky but that's what I would recommend trying if a repair isn't a good option. As usual, the customer needs to make the call because you could make it worse.

carbsol

Thanks all for the advice. Even if I can't get the stain out I at least don't feel like a dunce. Apparently this really is a difficult case. :?

Name
Nate W.
A little off topic, but what's the deal with your Carbonated Solutions? Is it like ChemDry or what? What's the process?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Captain Cleantastic said:
I tried masterblends magic with a steam iron for red stains. It took out all the red and all the carpet color everytime.

Magic is a very effective product. But you really have to practic with it. You never start full strength. Alot of times, even 1/8th ot the dilution ratio is plenty>

carbsol

Nate The Great said:
A little off topic, but what's the deal with your Carbonated Solutions? Is it like ChemDry or what? What's the process?
The carbonation is really the only common thing that I know of. It IS a franchise but not a "Screw the hard working business owner" type. The product is a two part solution that creates the carbonation when they combine. I use it with my TM as well as with a bonnet. I've been in business about 2 1/2 years and I have really enjoyed it and so have my customers. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom