Old school or new school?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
ta2ezady.jpg

I got the brush for my 175 this morning. It has me thinking. THIS is what separates The Clean Machine of Iowa from our competition!

We are committed to putting out the BEST PRODUCT AND SERVICE POSSIBLE. We will go further than many others to accomplish this.

This brush head is a good example of old school technology being involved in us pushing forward into the premium market. With all of our culture going in a direction of quick, dirty, and cheap...this is a part of us going the other way.

I'm thankful for MB for helping me define my biz. I've been exposed to a lot of info on this board and it helps us to stay on the leading edge of our craft.

I guess we are moving forward by pushing back...if that makes sense. Our logo and designs and "Carpet Cleaning and Beyond" and "Far Out Service at a Down to Earth Price!" Were all meant to push back at our industry...to a time when quality, service, and integrity mattered.

The Clean Machine of Iowa
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
ta2ezady.jpg

I got the brush for my 175 this morning. It has me thinking. THIS is what separates The Clean Machine of Iowa from our competition!

We are committed to putting out the BEST PRODUCT AND SERVICE POSSIBLE. We will go further than many others to accomplish this.

This brush head is a good example of old school technology being involved in us pushing forward into the premium market. With all of our culture going in a direction of quick, dirty, and cheap...this is a part of us going the other way.

I'm thankful for MB for helping me define my biz. I've been exposed to a lot of info on this board and it helps us to stay on the leading edge of our craft.

I guess we are moving forward by pushing back...if that makes sense. Our logo and designs and "Carpet Cleaning and Beyond" and "Far Out Service at a Down to Earth Price!" Were all meant to push back at our industry...to a time when quality, service, and integrity mattered.

That's great russ!

The reason is you are open minded and willing to try new things.
Some people are never going to change...

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Thanks Shane. SO IMPORTANT to spend time learning and growing in our craft rather than playing a superstar online! I wish a lot of the "lurkers" would just go ahead and be willing to ask the "dumb" questions. That's when I began to push to a higher level as a cleaner. I hope I'm not done, having a lot of fun doing it!

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads

I've been using that same exact brush for about a year or so now, and like you I first heard about it here on this board. It's been a great tool.

However recently I've been using these. I think I like it even better than the brush! In fact the last dozen jobs or so I've not used the brush at all. One benefit is that you can switch from the scrubbing pad to your regular cotton cleaning pad in couple of seconds without having to take the time to switch drive blocks. Plus I think the agitation is better.
View attachment 4840

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Plus I think the agitation is better.

I agree, white pad w/green stripe. Pretty much best at everything, I use these to encap. Tried all the "new" fancy pads and always end up using these.

Reactions: steve_64

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Thats a nice carpet brush, i like it better than mine, will have to get me one. Where did you get that one from and how much was it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Flat piles, loops/berbers respond best to pads, especially those stripped ones. Shags, Friezes and shitty builder grade piles are best scrubbed with that clean freak brush.

Buy a bigger truck in other words..

Last edited:

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Thanks Russ. You know when i 1st started cleaning carpets back in the 80's the chems weren't like what we have today and neither was the equipment especially portables, but i would use my 175 with a carpet brush and solution tank, use an extraction chem and not a shampoo chem in the solution tank on the 175 to apply and scrub then extract with portable. I still like that method on the real nasties but it is much better now due to advancement in chems and portables,

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i pulled the disc on mine shortly after getting it. i have the blue brush or should say had. I gave my 175 away along with all the goodies. i got the vario. the wheels down and orbital scrub pattern works much better, plus its easy on the wrists. training someone on the vario takes 10 seconds verus the 175 which takes a little skill that some just can't get for some reason. must be the teacher… also the vario can be used with one hand.

gene

steve_64

i like the stripe pads for scrubbing and running. i like the pile lifter for agitation to restore the nap on loop pile and for agitating frieze and cut piles. the pile lifter is also lighter to carry and takes up less space in the van.

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
We've been using pile-lifters and the green-striped pads for decades. If yoy really want to scrub, light up a few brown-striped pads. They are about 500% stiffer in comparison to green.

Reactions: Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom