Old school spotting table.

Mikey P

Administrator
This Spotting table is at the Dry Cleaner who wants to start cleaning rugs with me.

Notice the foot controls to operate steam, water and air.

11-18004.jpg

Collection of chems..

11-18003.jpg

11-18007.jpg

Vacuum plate on the tip to extract soil/chems.
11-18005.jpg

Steam gun.
11-18006.jpg

Name
Lee Stockwell
One of my secret weapons. Make friends with dry cleaning old timers. Many of their secrets are now in my black bag.

Thanks,
Lee

Able 1

Name
Keith
Dicksboyle, where dose the S come from in your user name? Is it your middle name?

Welcome aboard!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My dad spent 25-years in the drycleaning business, by the end he was manager of the largest drycleaners in town.

It's where I first learned to spot.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
You're no rug cleaner ....if you where the floor drain in the top left of the first pic would have given you a woody :roll:

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Haig Takorian at Park Cleaners,He founded it in 1932 or so.The secret of any stain id to understand what it is,an how it breaks apart...

I just walked in there Saturday,the dry claner magazines havetons of great spotting and leather info as well...

I remember one Dry Cleaner that opened up in Chicopee Mass,his broher an him had attended a spot class.As they wetthe ink first with water, lol...

Haig passed away 10-15 years ago,would have been about 100 now.Great point blank take no garbage guy.He used to kid me saying when the f-are you leaving my son...He must have looked at my first truck for an hour just beaming like I was his boy...

Great Guy RIP bud...But Look at Lee Pemberton alot of his client professionalism to this day stems from those years...

Jim an I share a equally bad exp,we lost our Moms just a week or so apart...Not a good month in 02...Oh Well,nice flashbacks-MP...

CapeCleaner

I just met with a dry cleaner friend about working together. Said he doesn't want to be bothered with the rugs - tried a similar arrangement a while back with too many hassles. He said I can put a small advertising display on the counter in his stores and he'll refer people to me if they ask about rug cleaning. All he wants in return is to have the carpet in his home cleaned. Not a bad deal.

Hello back... young feller. -- The scene in Jaws with Matt Hooper (Richard Dreyfus) on the docks looking for Chief Brody..."We're going to need a bigger boat."

G

Maybe he can teach you to make my secret sauce Mikey; The old timer that taught me owned a dry cleaner Franchise; You need to listen to this guy my friend. He knows more about spot removal probably then all of us combined.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
That picture takes me back to my father's dry cleaning plant.

I remember the burns on his arms from accidents with the steam gun, and also how many times his spotting and stain removal skills helped him in his fledgling carpet cleaning and restoration business.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom