Old School WDR Extraction day

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had three water losses yesterday and all three were flood pumper jobs. A corporate business that was too far to string hoses, a law enforcement building that wouldn't allow hoses to a TM and several rooms and hallway at a hotel that were also too far to setup hoses for as small as an area that was wet.

We may go all year and not use a flood pumper then yesterday we had three in one day. :shock:

It felt like the old days doing water losses with a porty. :mrgreen:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
that kind of thing happens to me all the time. I get mad and tell an adjuster to shove it, pay the damn bill and I end up drawing him on 2 more losses within the next couple months, keep in mind I had never met the guy before. other types of things happen the same way, I will go nearly a year without doing something, then have 3 jobs in a row the same way.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It was just wierd.

The tech's gained a new appreciation for the flood pumpers. That crew had never used them to any degree, now they are pro's with it.

Of course it will probably have dust on it before they use it again. :mrgreen:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the other funny thing about you mentioning this is, yesterday my kids were watching dirty jobs on net flicks, they had an episode of some guys doing a sewer backup, the company looked like they did a decent job of setting up containment and otherwise doing the job but they only had a portable to flush and extract the sewer. they didn't use a pressure wand, I was thinking man a truckmount would have saved them alot of work scrubbing as I don't scrub anything on sewers. they also wasted a ton of time cleaning a toilet, I would have knocked that stuff back in the toilet shoved the gun jet down the hole and jetted that stuff right down the drain. the rest of the toilet would have been pressured washed clean, no touching the sewer and done in a less than 5 minutes, instead they must have spent a half hour on it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've seen that one too Steve, I thought the same thing when I first saw it.

A porty is roughing it on a sewage job, no pressure, no heat, that just makes the job tougher.

GCP

Doc Holliday said:
I've seen that one too Steve, I thought the same thing when I first saw it.

A porty is roughing it on a sewage job, no pressure, no heat, that just makes the job tougher.

i 2nd that.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Richard, I know your guys like using the Rover, but I thought you had the Hydro-X- EE also. Don't you have the vacuum pack for the Hydro-X or is there another reason you decided to use the flood pumper instead of the vacuum pack for the Hydro-X? I thought the vacuum pack could be used as a standalone unit for extracting water just like the flood pumper.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have two Rover's and two Hydro X Extractors, no vac pack's.
Yea those would have been handy too, if we owned them.

They were using a US Products Flood Pumper, although we have several different brands, a couple of Lloyd's auto pumpers, a couple of Castex flood pumpers, a couple of home made units.

I'd like to get a Drieaz Flood King one of these days, but for now we're old school. :|

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
We have the flood kings and I really like them. We actually use ours on most of our water extractions when not saving carpet or pad. When performing in place drying we use the V.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Ed said:
We have the flood kings and I really like them. We actually use ours on most of our water extractions when not saving carpet or pad. When performing in place drying we use the V.

Recently for about six months, I have been doing the same thing. The flood king at twenty five feet of hose, does a great job without costing anything to just suck up water. When the call comes in and they say lots of water help we roll two trucks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom