Older everest help/questions....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
So being as it is the older carburated version which i hear is great. It does have a few things clogged, bypassed etc.

So who has these that i can call and pull your ear for a few??

801-898-6210..

Thanks Doug

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Thanks Micah but I think Doug is looking for someone that can help him fix it for free.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Hey frees always good right? shiteatinggrin

No I am sure we will be best buds now :roll: :shock: !gotcha!

But unless TW wants to come help for dinner. I just needs some tips on what's what while its OUT of the truck And I can see stuff easier.

And I need to know how to fix it on the fly to

John Olson

Name
John Olson
:) call Monday and we will talk. We are also having a basic maintenance class in june. That will help ya. If you have it out I'd change belts and hoses that show any wear at all. Also pressure wash and wire brush and paint it. We have the Prochem blue paint and can tell you what matches it locallly. I'll think of more stuff when you call :)

Jimbo

Hey Doug...I concur with John...I would change out all the belts while it is out of the van...probably all the low pressure hoses also...like water inlet, etc....also might want to put a spot weld on the nut that is on the mounting base toward the back of the silencer...that needs loosed up to change the blower belts...and you have to sneak a crows foot wrench on it when the machine is in the van.

I like an adjustable throttle so I have bypassed the governor...and a tachometer is helpful...I have mine mounted on the roof of the van...cheap tachs don't like much vibration.
DSC01306.jpg

DSC01301.jpg

Mine seems like it runs better...with more cleaning heat,, with the front grill taken off of it...I think the open area on the grill slots is quite a bit smaller than the area of the radiator...so it helps cool the machine better...
DSC01310.jpg

I have a Kunkle vac relief valve...I sealed off the original valve...I am still in search of a 90 degree sweep to replace the hard 90 degree Prochem Piece
DSC01312.jpg

Wingnuts on the front lower panel make it easier to remove for working in back of it...
DSC01314.jpg

Then I pack a bunch of vital cleaning supplies in...and I am ready to go!

DSC01317.jpg

View of back of van...

DSC01301.jpg

back of van packed...

DSC01319.jpg

New marketing promotion...

DSC01321-1.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01301.jpg
    DSC01301.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 102

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
wow i like that, thanks Jim...

i looked over all the belts and they are all in great shape...its actually a pretty clean set up...has 2800 hrs on it...

needs a new front exchanger or i am going to see if it can be fixed.

i like the bypass though the wife told me no "tweaks" for a while :roll:
plus where itll be in a box truck, it will be easy to access things.

thanks again

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom