Older Powermatics.....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Can the older PM's be re-plumbed with an unloader system rather than the 3 regulator setup? Anybody try this? Setting the pressure, I recall, is a PITA, and is not infinetly adjustable as the unloader valve is. I'm always changing the pressure on the Genesis according to the wand I'm using. It's as simple as turning the knob.

I'm not sure if the newer models used an unloader valve instead of the regulator system.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
You might be able to put an engine in front end of a old VW bug but, why second guess the mad genius that engineered it? I'm sure it could be done. I don’t think it would be worth the effort. Is all you need is a couple turns of a wrench to adjust pressure on the PM. If you adjust that often, just set the high setting to 500 psi and the mid to 350 psi or whatever you want. That would make easier than an unloader.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I agree with Mike, RW.
There's no need to reinvent the wheel on this one.

The Paraplate unloader valves on your PM are easy to adjust

You have two unloaders on it.
When on hi-pressure setting, it runs thru the one near the back of the TM
when on med setting, it runs thru the other right behind the 3-way valve .

..L.T.A.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
We have done it. The machine is still in our shop as I sold the engine off it and havent ordered a new one yet. It is another ressurection machine that we are modifying. We also put a 4.7 blower on it and we are trying out different mufflers. Will post pictures when/if we ever get it finished. LOL if you want to convert yours call TW he can help ya. Wasnt to hard to do.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

I agree with Meat....don't reinvent the wheel, but eliminating all that extra plumbing is smart. An unloader would do the trick.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom