Olive Garden

Name
Lee Stockwell
Back in March I got a referral through a janitorial company to clean a carpet in a local Cintas office for them. The carpet had previously been cleaned by the Cintas people. The carpet was a total wicking nightmare. But we got it looking good with the Cimex and Releasit. Kind of cracked me up - it didn't look like they had a good plan of attack for commercial carpet.

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman

I'd guess they videotaped everything you did for their training cd.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
And I'm sure you sold them a few cimex machines too.

Over the years I wonder how many cimex machines you have sold to building owners and taken away business from any local carpet cleaning company.

Nope, I didn't sell 'em any Cimex's. I honestly didn't get the impression that they were all that forward thinking. Large corporate minds are the last thing that sharp minded owner operators need to worry about. How can a mammoth organization successfully spar with an enterprise that's small and nimble? Seriously.

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I stopped by to help my son with our one regular restaurant. every two months, Saturday at 4 pm 700 feet, move tables only. clean and protect every other time.

$470.
$350 without.

20130720_171155_zpsc353f7f0.jpg

Prekleen, red pad, post bonnet, teflon.

That's a great picture of Davis..........but
ask him if he remembers this one.........
DAVIS.jpg

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Just cleaned my Olive Garden account (45 Mi away, hate it) they haven't heard anything about switching, and I know they are not lying, because they know I DON'T want that account... But I only keep it because its only every 3-4 months and was a referral from a big client.

Is it just my Olive Garden (Richmond, KY) that rips up and installs new carpet in front of the kitchen areas every 6 weeks? they replace a 4ft x 15ft section of carpet almost monthly... its starting to look stupid though, the rest of the carpet is beginning to age and wear. So its becoming a big contrast.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
We were on a schedule of every three weeks. Carpet is the same for three years. Not sure of the actual age. If we cleaned every few months, I would hate it, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Update on my last post. if you remember we just lost 3 olive gardens to cleanway. I got called back by all three of those restaurants asking us to come back. as I suspected at the .05 pay scale I was offered by cleanway there was not going to be much of a job done. This goes for all three restaurants, clean way sent some "dude" in a MonteCarlo with a "buffer" and some bonnet pads to clean. The "dude" asked for an alarm code and keys to the location. That did not go over to well. long story short we were told to please come back and clean up the mess and that they were going to try and insist with corp for us to resume cleaning. so for know we knocked one out yesterday and it was loaded with grease, cleaned up great. Have another one tomorrow morning am. maybe this corp. will eventually figure out that at some point some one has to make a buck lol. also, clean way requires full 2 mil liability, workers comp cert. and licence for the city were work will be performed in addition to being listed as an additional insured on your ins policy. lol .05 per ft.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
and do you or them think the monte carlo guy had this???

its all a bunch of shit....

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
of course the monte carlo dude most likely did have all of the insurance and other stuff cleanway asks for. they will contract him and just have the dude clean a bunch of places for them at the crap price for 90 days and then refuse to pay him until he ends up spending the crap he made busting his back on the insurance they need before they pay him. Contractors take advantage of small owner ops that are new into the biz and haven't figured all the bull crap yet all the time.
and do you or them think the monte carlo guy had this???

its all a bunch of shit....

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
cleanway just called me to contract the same Olive Gardens that they took from us a few months ago, that they messed up, that the Olive Gardens just has us fix. if you recall they offered us 95.00 to clean them the last time they tried to contract us. :hopeless:. What the heck. Is the bean counter at darden that wasted?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
We are doing our Olive Garden tonight. Called on Monday as usual for them to set up security. Talked to GM, didn't bring up these issues but we're still on board. About the time this thread started we were contacted by them to supply copies of workmans comp, general liablity etc which we took copies in with the invoice that night.
So far nothing has changed. I didn't go so far as to ask the GM about it, why rock the boat. I knew when they had called asking for documents that something was up.

jwhatley2

Name
Joseph Whatley
Update on my last post. if you remember we just lost 3 olive gardens to cleanway. I got called back by all three of those restaurants asking us to come back. as I suspected at the .05 pay scale I was offered by cleanway there was not going to be much of a job done. This goes for all three restaurants, clean way sent some "dude" in a MonteCarlo with a "buffer" and some bonnet pads to clean. The "dude" asked for an alarm code and keys to the location. That did not go over to well. long story short we were told to please come back and clean up the mess and that they were going to try and insist with corp for us to resume cleaning. so for know we knocked one out yesterday and it was loaded with grease, cleaned up great. Have another one tomorrow morning am. maybe this corp. will eventually figure out that at some point some one has to make a buck lol. also, clean way requires full 2 mil liability, workers comp cert. and licence for the city were work will be performed in addition to being listed as an additional insured on your ins policy. lol .05 per ft.

Are you really doing this at . 05 per ft or did you get your pricing?

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
Cintas is now taking over the carpet cleaning for the O'Charley's chain of restaurants. It is just beginning in TN.

C&S

Name
Scott
when I was doing the local olive garden, I was doing the high traffic areas weekly, and the whole restaurant every month. was a very good account. Ive been back to fix the carpet a couple times, seems the other people are leaving a terrible residue, and cannot get all the grease out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom