Olympus M200H Solution Pump

DRScrivner

My 200PSI solution pump took the big crapster.

For you techno geeks, can I go higher PSI and still run my heater too?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Sure;

but pump space required will increase slightly.

Current draw will only increase from 2 to 3 amps for an efficient motor.

Larry

DRScrivner

On my machine the solution pump and the 2 vacs are all run on the same cord.

What pump would you suggest Larry?

And how difficult are they to change out?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
John won't he have to re-wire it and run that pump on a seperate circuit?

Edited to add...Will he need to re-plumb it and add a regulator as well?

Name
John LaBarbera

That's a good question. I missed it. I assumed that the 200 psi is a pumptec piston pump, which would have a regulator. I also assumed that the vac's were standard 2 stage (150" in series) I guess I need more info. Sorry.

John

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Del;

You should have room for this pump:
450pump.jpg

We have mounted them in that extractor.

Total current draw will be 15 for vacs + 3 for pump = 18 amps.

But you will have 1.6 GPM @ 300 PSI spraying pressure.

Larry

Greenie

Larry Cobb said:
Del;

You should have room for this pump:
450pump.jpg

But you will have 1.6 GPM @ 300 PSI spraying pressure.

Since his old pump had the following specs:
Pump-Tec #114 pump with 1.5amp Motor
200 psi – 2.00 - 0.67 gpm

He should have twice the flow, but my question is what size jets are on the wand, as this will affect the upgrade considerably.

Greenie

well....the classic has 6 floodjets (brass), so it's what most here would call 018 flow. :shock:

So....with those little pumps, you don't have much better than 50psi, but you have darn near the full unrestricted flow of the pump...so note the higher of the numbers ie: .067gpm vs: 2.00gpm

If you use a conventional 2 jet wand sometimes, it'll be a different animal, that 300 psi pump is much better than that 200psi...not such a big deal on the rotovac, maybe just buy a new plastic pump head, and keep it simple, I don't even think I would rebuild it, they are not that expensive.

DRScrivner

Greenie said:
maybe just buy a new plastic pump head, and keep it simple, I don't even think I would rebuild it, they are not that expensive.
Seeing as how I know nothing about the guts on these machines (I just know how to clean).

That is the motor- correct? That is on the base of the white solution pump?

Greenie

Yes. The white part is the motor, the rest is the "pump".

It's a pretty easy swap out even if you are blind.

DRScrivner

Greenie said:
Yes. The white part is the motor, the rest is the "pump".

It's a pretty easy swap out even if you are blind.
Well some people have said they saw me riding the "short bus" to school, but that is a lie I walked. Just not a big wrench turner that's all.

Greenie

I know I always preach about plastic, but this is one time I think the 200psi plastic pump head is okay, the chemical resistance for guys who run detergent through their unit (most) is very good with the plastic pump acording to Pump-tec, the aluminum head can show corrosion and make seal replacement an issue, it really depends on the chem you run through it.

On all of my M-5 extractor customers they are running Judson liquid extraction, and those pumps are humming right along, I think in general I prefer liquids over powders for this application.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Del...just get what you need and if you have a problems just bring it over and I will hook ya up.......

If I am not here I will have my wife fix it....... :D

Greenie

I'd have to look at the specs, but if you've got the room for amps on one cord, the little pump pulls about 2 amps, and the big ass Greenie pump pulls about 5.5amps, it may be possible, the wiring would be easy, it's the plumbing you'll have to figure, they sell "pre-plumbed" kits, Any Pump-tec dealer could get you a kit, but they might need help with the Greenie unloader and motor choice, it's important part of keping the amp draw down.

You better get some 2" hose and a 2" hose barb while you are at it to recover that additional water...lol

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
DRScrivner said:

Ya should of called..I was in your hood all day long yesterday and I would of swung in.....

If you need help just yell...If your clients need some cleaning done because you are down..let me know..

we can get them knocked out.....and no....I don't charge you......I may be down one day and need your help....

DRScrivner

I've been running my XL-15 Stemin Demon so I have been able to work still, so I am hanging in. Gonna have it fixed within the next 2 weeks though. Now if I can just get my Dodge Ram outta the shop too!!!!!!!!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Yank the heater Del. It makes the cavity too hot, takes a ton of space, and is a piss off to prime. John or Greenie can get you hooked up with an inline unit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom