Once you leave HACK, can you ever go back?

-JB-

Name
JB
Man o man I wanted to do a "hack" job on a vacant rental last week, but I can't do it! :evil:

I just can't do it man! :cry:

Price not withstanding, this client has no qualms over what I charge, either way, so I can do/charge whatever I think is needed.

Now don't get your panties all in a knot, I'm not calling anyone a hack, just wondering, having started as $10 a room hack myowndamnself, and run the gamete in between to get to the 114 point cleaning dog and pony show I do now.

I'm wondering if anyallyall ever stopped doing "hack"; budget; price conscious cleaning (you call it what ya want it's all good), then gone back? Or at least re-instituted package pricing again.

hogjowl

Idiot™
We're not playing your game. Nobody's gonna admit to it just so you can puff your chest out and tell us again how good your principles are.

Good for you, and all that, but leave us out of this.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
ive never done package pricing and what not by room

but when I don't pre-agitate or even pre-vac if I know the house is SPOTLESS and she just pre-vaced before I got there...then I feel like a hack and that I cheated myself and not the custy...

it's tough to lower my standards...especially when it's just cuz I know the house is empty so i can leave it a little more damp or whatever...i feel like a crook

i feel like a crook ESPECIALLY when I don't use air movers....

and i'm not even up to the 24 point cleaning yet....im proly only half way there...

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i am gunna lower my price for a shot at maintaining 20 condos the lady owns. i would normally charge 190 bucks for the cleaning and she negotiated my down to 125$ i normally dont move on my price but told her i had to do 3 at a time and she had to pay with a check with no billing..
you gotta do what you gotta do

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The youngster 'Dink is a pretty sharp kid

JB, while I was "polishing" a loop pile on the 6th floor last week with bonnets and encRap sCampoo, I felt a twinge of "hackness" in my bones
I got over it when the prop manger smiled

Honestly, our prices are all up and down the scale.
I'll sell them what ever they want.
As long as I can make a profit , I don't care if it's just pre-spray and rinse, or the whole nine yards of dogs and ponies

..L.T.A.

The Preacher

i'm with Larree, give the customer good service and make a profit. we ain't doing brain surgery here!!!

PS JB if yore still buzzing from the weekend of drinking when you show up at the house, YORE A HACK!!!

-JB-

Name
JB
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease! :roll:

I'm off till May! :wink: :mrgreen:

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
hey JB if your off till may ...could you spend your time looking for a new full time job
or stop with the ....HOW COULD I DO THAT.....I COULD,NT SLEEP AT NIGHT......
your turning into an ol,woman...

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
if I can still profit hell ya, in todays economy I dont wanna turn any money down. On the other hand when I get one of the price cutter customers that tries to keep talking me down I will put my foot down. its funny some customers think carpet cleaning is like buying a used car

Brad_Smith

Funny......I feel like a crook putting on the "show" and making them pay when a "hack job" (prespray and 15 flow) will do just as good a job for alot less $. I have scrubbed enough carpet to know when it is needed. Regular household soil usually doesnt require pulling out that heavy bastard. Sometimes I do wish I could lower my standards and overcharge em though.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I'm all over the place on service and pricing. I get a feel for what's wanted and go from there. I hacked out a rental yesterday like you wouldn't believe. The bottom line is......the landlord and I are both happy.

Chris A

Name
Chris
For those that refuse to pay the premium, its a win win. Think about it, how many rental property owners will give you $.40 a foot? Wouldn't it be nice to have the steady work at a lower rate?

-JB-

Name
JB
hey JB if your off till may ...could you spend your time looking for a new full time job
or stop with the ....HOW COULD I DO THAT.....I COULD,NT SLEEP AT NIGHT......
your turning into an ol,woman...

thanks ya babbling goof! BUT.....

if I can still profit hell ya, in todays economy I dont wanna turn any money down.
that's what I waz getting at!

Amen back at ya pokey! :wink:

Seriously what I'm getting at is has anyone ever left the "budget" pricing arena and gone back?

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
ok well i have a few times i have tried the middle income house with dog and pony show even went so far as setting up the jondon newsletter.......only to find out what i already knew i cant upsell or bs people out of there money
im much happier doing a few apt complexs a week and a house when i am referred by a custy who i made happy by just doing what they wanted...but to comp the money i do get floods and truma jobs from ins companys and i get them jobs for the same reasons i get the houses. i only do what is needed and i dont make a dog and pony show out of it . not saying i cut corners i dont , i just dont try to see how far down thier pocket i can get.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I get the odd request to just do a "zip zip" job. I tell them I don't do "zip zip".

I've seen what comes out of carpet, even ones that look like I "could" get away with it. I'll run the vacuum over it and am amazed at what I get out. If I do charge them a little less, I just make sure they know just what kind of deal they are getting.
I'd rather do a good job and make sure its clean than have someone move into a place thats half-assed clean and start asking "who was the cleaner that left the carpet like this?"
No one ever comments on a clean carpet in a rental, its just "there", but if its still soiled the comments will fly!!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Maybe you and JB can come at the same time. He's thinking of coming in the next month or so. We'll all get together with Bob and have 4 generations of cleaners hang out and bullshit each other.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ken Snow said:
Maybe you and JB can come at the same time. He's thinking of coming in the next month or so. We'll all get together with Bob and have 4 generations of cleaners hang out and bullshit each other.

Let me know if that happens!!! I'll invite me-self!

Greenie

(applause for Ken).

Honestly....the doing More work for Less money comments are a bit disturbing...how long until you are just Cimexing residential...

You are an Owner/Op you can get more...just have to get in the door and show them your skills...they will never turn to a coupon guy again.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Greenie said:
(applause for Ken).

Honestly....the doing More work for Less money comments are a bit disturbing...how long until you are just Cimexing residential...

It's not neccesarily more "work" for less money, its accepting less per hour for more hours of work. For example, an apartment manager gives you 100 units a year. Normal "high-end" pricers would get $150 for this 2 BR apt. You do it for $100. Vac only if its absolutely needed, pop on a slot glide, prespray, scrub (I use a sebo, great for a quick scrub), and rinse. You can't tell me you won't clear over $100 an hour by yourself, and that's $10k a year, brother.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom