One of my employees put flyers in mailboxes....WATCH OUT

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I had one of my new employees out passing out flyers and apparently he thought it would be wise to put them in people's mail boxes without permission. I got a call from the postal internal investigation unit and they issued me a fine and are considering charging me with the Federal offense...

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU DO ABOUT THIS!!!!! I was absolutely blown away and had absolutely no words to speak when they told me this.

What would you do?

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Go down the the Post Office, apologize, explain the situation. They might even let you off with a warning.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Yep,

You can’t place your junk in people’s mail box….mail boxes are considered postal property I believe it falls under fraud for not paying postage. I’d bet the fine and a warning is all you get unless you’ve done this before…how much is the fine?

Able 1

Name
Keith
AH, I wouldn't really worry about it tell them the truth, I got pulled over by the post master general or whatever she was she was high up there... I was putting them behind the flags well thats not legal either. She let me off with a warning. I also got called from the post office once they said they had a complaint that I put a flyer in someones mail box... It's funny I just did a hood that ccer lives in... I told the lady at the post office that I do'nt put them in the box and she said she will make a note of it.

Keith

Chris A

Name
Chris
we made that mistake too, putting them in flags, I think there just trying to skerr ya out of doing it again.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Just a few things to keep in mind with flyers.

No Mailboxes

No putting them on cars. (its littering)

No putting them in newspaper boxes. (you are taking advertising)

No putting them on the porches or stairs (also littering)

Also when walking flyers check the local laws because anymore most towns require you to purchase a permit to walk door to door.

By most state laws placing flyers on cars or any part of a house where they can blow away freely is littering.

In Illinois it is theft of services to place an advertisement in the newspaper box

G

I've never done it before, but they've called me and warned me a couple times. Apparently somebody called and complained that I was putting fliers in their mailbox. I'm thinking a competitor?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Josh said:
I've never done it before, but they've called me and warned me a couple times. Apparently somebody called and complained that I was putting fliers in their mailbox. I'm thinking a competitor?

I really think people can call all they want... It's when the mailman finds them is what will get you in some s.

Keith

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
What a bunch a mambi pambies.......stick 'em on the flag! Theres NO law against it......only inside the box!

Ohh you'll get those that will TRY to scare ya......but unless you put it IN the box...tell 'em to go pound sand!

"you flyer scum"

cracked me up!

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
ODIN said:
I sure hope the Fed kept the DEATH penalty for this offence I know Reagan signed the bill and Clinton revised it to a slap on the wrist, but I do think GW brought it back to full force.

I HOPE YOU GET THE FIRING SQUAD you flyer scum

When convicted by 3 military judges as an enemy combatant or domestic terrorist you may be executed.

A terrorist is described as a person who breaks any local state or federal law.

Read the patriot act, they literally, legally can line you in front of a firing squad for putting flyers in mailboxes.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Bob,

Check the law its illegal to attach anything to the outside of the mailbox without postage.

Just pay the postage and you won't have anything to worry about. You cheap asses!!!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OF COURSE..if you ask them...that is what they'll SAY....
but if yor skerrt little mambi pambies...as it seems...whatever!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
good grief!
You're talking about the "by the road" mailboxes with the flags on them?

who owns the mailbox? The home owner or the postoffice?
Ie, who paid to put it there?
If the home owner put it there and owns it, how can the gov't claim ownership and write a law concerning private property?

-JB-

Name
JB
Just pay the postage and you won't have anything to worry about. You cheap asses!!!

"advertise to thousands for pennies a day?"

and you call others "cheap ass'es?" :roll:

I know, I know it was a joke.

Name
I'm Rick James
Howdy neighbor. If it was me I would go down and talk to the postmaster. Tell them this is your first offense and that it was a new employee who didnt know the law. Make it a policy in your company guidelines and show the postmaster that this mistake will not happen again and that you took action on it. Then just hope you get them on a good day. If not then pay fine and move on.

:mrgreen:

Greg Loe

Every time I get hold of a competitors flier, I put them in mail boxes and call the post master
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Greenie

Damn......JB beat me to it.

JB said:

"advertise to thousands for pennies a day?"

and you call others "cheap ass'es?" :roll:

I know, I know it was a joke.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
ODIN said:
I sure hope the Fed kept the DEATH penalty for this offence I know Reagan signed the bill and Clinton revised it to a slap on the wrist, but I do think GW brought it back to full force.

I HOPE YOU GET THE FIRING SQUAD you flyer scum

Make them lick a 200 gallon waste tank spotless.And a weekend with Joe and Lisa. I can just fly(er) at it here, mail slots, boxes, anyplace that accepts media through a hole or a slot. That doesn't sound right.... :p

MikeD00019

Just tell him next time to follow the postal van around next time. This way they won't see the flyers!!! haha just kidding. put them on the door. I got in trouble one time, just a warning though

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
My cheap ass marketing gave me 9 extra jobs this week so I don't have to worry about flyers.

My cost & time for the marketing- ZIP!

Dave-

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom