One of the coolest new products at MikeFest - Scrub3

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
BLewis said:
HEy Rick,
Do you also offer the soft brushes for this gadget?

It only has pad drivers - at least at this time.

Wow! Thank you Bob for putting that awesome video together! That was very kind of you. I had no idea you were gonna put something so nice together. It looks like a vide pro did it. Thank you so much for doing that!!!

Mikefest was awesome. For you guys who didn't make it, you missed a very cool event. Thanks again to Mike, Bob, the Legends people, the instructors, and everyone who had a hand in making the event work.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
So the scrub3 works exactly the same as a cimex? The 3 heads spin in one direction and the platform turns them in the opposite?

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
That's my question also. Does each individual driver also turn to scrub in different directions like the Cimex, or does it simply give the rotary owner a warm fuzzy feeling cause thier rotary "looks" like a cimex? If the drivers are stationary, what's the purpose? Other than Rick making money?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think Rick likes to make money! :wink:

It's planetary just like the Cimex. It won't make your 175 as good as a Cimex, the Cimex is still smoother and easier to operate but it's the next best thing and gets you in the Encap business on a shoestring budget. It allows you to makes some money providing Encap and if you see the need later you can upgrade to a Cimex.

You might also want one even if you already have a Cimex for the smaller jobs where one man can now lift the machine in and out on his own and not have to lug the big machine around.

8)

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
You might also want one even if you already have a Cimex for the smaller jobs where one man can now lift the machine in and out on his own and not have to lug the big machine around.

I have ployeez to "lug my big machine around". I ain't liftin that big yellow bastard.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have ployeez to "lug my big machine around". I ain't liftin that big yellow bastard.
Come on Ed, Shorty can do it by himself! :p

Seriously instead of sending 2-employees because Ole Yellow is so heavy, now 175 with the Scrub3. When you have big jobs use them both!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
What about solution feed. An abivious advantage of the Cimex is that the solution feeds directly to each pad driver... How does the scrub 3 accept a gravity feed solution? Or can it?

Name
Bruce
sweendogg said:
What about solution feed. An abivious advantage of the Cimex is that the solution feeds directly to each pad driver... How does the scrub 3 accept a gravity feed solution? Or can it?
Re-watching the video it looks like that 175 he's using has a solution line going into the top of the 175. Can you order that exact 175 through Excellent Supply ?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
All I saw was a gravity feed shampoo tank.. I have one on my my 175 and my pad driver and shampoo brushes allow solution to be gravity fed.. its a little messy because it can spray out the top but for encaping with a single pad it works well. If this new Scrub 3 will allow gravity feed to each driver head like the cimex, it will be a real winning combo.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Bruce Humphrey said:
sweendogg said:
Re-watching the video it looks like that 175 he's using has a solution line going into the top of the 175. Can you order that exact 175 through Excellent Supply ?

Yes, you can get that exact 175 machine from us. What you're looking at is a Koblenz, which is a nice machine - very well built. We also have our eye on bringing in the newly developed Mytee 175 scrubbers. As a Mytee distributor I think their new scrubber looks hot. It runs really smooth.

Regarding the questions abut solution feed - the Scrub3 is gravity fed and it feeds the solution down through the center of the pads like the Cimex does. However on account of its rotary nature - the Scrub3 will sling out more solution from the head than a Cimex does. Regardless of that fact, it still performs really well. And considering the price and what the Scrub3 can accomplish, it offers a nice alternative that should fill a niche that isn't presently being served. It is what it is. It's a cool design! It converts a single head 175 rpm rotary machine into a 3 headed scrubber, enabling approximately 8 times more agitation per pass. But the Cimex is still the ultimate planetary scrubber!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom