One Of The "Rat Nasties" I have Cleaned.....

R

R W

I clean for the landlord that owns this house. I have cleaned this house over the years. This is what Police found there yesterday....

13-foot snake found hiding in closet

Published:Thursday, February 7, 2008

A smaller snake, dog, cat and kittens were found in the garage.

By ANGIE SCHMITT

VINDICATOR STAFF WRITER

YOUNGSTOWN — Police officers working on a routine trespassing call Wednesday made a bizarre discovery: a 13-foot python.

City police were responding to a complaint from the owner of a vacant house on North Lakeview Avenue at 2:26 p.m. The owner, West Side resident Ted Hassay, 54, said he had seen lights on and furniture in the house, which was supposed to have been abandoned for more than one month.

“We went in and looked around and we found that big snake,” said Hassay. “It was big. It was probably about 20 feet long.”

Police found the snake, a suspected python they estimated to be “13 feet long, 50 pounds,” in an upstairs closet of the home.

“After gaining our composure,” police reports stated, officers called Dave Nelson, Mahoning County deputy dog warden. Police eventually concluded that “an expert would be needed for removal.”

Hassay reported having rented the house from November 2005 to November 2007. All utilities were to have been disconnected, but officers’ search revealed the address was still receiving bills.

In the garage of the home, officers also found a stolen car, a dog, cat and kittens and a smaller snake in a cage.

“Some guy was squatting in [the house],” said Hassay. “He was raising cats to feed the snake.”

Officers removed the dog and were to return to collect the cats, Hassay said. He said he had heard the snake had been removed. Further information was not available late Wednesday.

Hassay was supposed to finalize the sale of the home Monday.

“I’m done with these rental homes for sure,” he said.

aschmitt@vindy.com

By Angie Schmitt (Contact)

In addition to those creatures, there is a Lizzard of some type missing, and a Tarantula.

I will think twice about opening those closet doors when I do ANY rentals from here forward!!

And I used to worry about fleas in these rentals.....

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
“After gaining our composure,” police reports stated, officers called Dave Nelson, Mahoning County deputy dog warden. Police eventually concluded that “an expert would be needed for removal.”

LMAO :lol: Now that's funny.

John Watson

We found one during a WD in Alaska, Tenant not home, units flooded land lord lets us in, we lets ourselves out fast.. School teacher, Kept schools snake during summer vacation, took a week and a half trip, snake got hungry and let himself out of his 50 gal aquarium tank. Not supposed to be snakes in Alaska Period...

R

R W

Ron, your right....if the kitties didn't get the rats, the snake did......then he had the kitties.

I was in a biker shop the other day, and the owner keeps his 4 pit bulls running loose in the shop, plus a cat, and he keeps a big, white Cockatoo walking around the shop, or riding his shoulder.

I was in a house today with a huge blue and red Mawcaw....pretty cool bird. I tried to teach it to swear.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom