One sentence thread

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Building client relationships by the group can be more productive than building them one client at a time.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Getting to the top of most internet search engines for most cleaning related terms is golden.

(Sorry had to add another. Could add many more. most marketing doesn't stand alone. One strenthens another )

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
first round of magnets are still on customers fridges 4 or 5 yrs ago

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:
Hand magnets out at 10 times the pace of business cards. No one born after 1965 keeps business cards. :mrgreen:

Hand out $25.00 off gift cards at 10xs the pace of magnets...not everyone puts those magnets on their fridges...you have to be in the home to be sure it gets done. !gotcha!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
With my prices I can't afford to give them away like candy and with our brand recognition and quality we don't need to. The magnet is to have the constant reminder so that we don't get forgotten in life's activities.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have sent out coupons and val paks and specialty discount cards etc etc and nothing has done better than the magnet overall for repeats

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I agree Greg- magnets or permission based reminder calls are the best for repeats, the gift card idea is great for prospective customers.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:
I agree Greg- magnets or permission based reminder calls are the best for repeats, the gift card idea is great for prospective customers.

I agree with both as well.
Magnets were the single biggest repeat marketing tool I had as an O/O. Getting the subs to do it is a challenge.

The gift cards are better for new prospects...
Ken, maybe you could give a $10.00 off?

Edit: The gift cards are for $25.00 "TOWARDS" carpet cleaning....not "OFF"....thought I should mention that.
It looks a bit more like "money" when you list it as $25.00 then in the disclaimer you mention towards carpet cleaning.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I love magnets but I must say they don't go over quite as well as they use to. I wonder if it's due to all the stainless appliances?

In my own home our refrigerator is stainless and recessed so any magnets we get from the pizza places to the pharmacy are on the dishwasher, which to my surprise only appears to be stainless.

We have a stack of Van magnets here on the front counter along with a cup of cheap ink pens and I'm constantly refilling the pens, while only occasionally adding more magnets. ???

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Magnets are primarily for the "in home" experience.
You have to physically put the magnet on the fridge yourself...or the tech does.

Most stainless fridges can have the magnets put on the side of them.
The tough ones are the enclosed fridges that don't have the sides showing.

I would usually ask the home owner if they had a steel filing cabinet or something like that.

At the very least, it brings it to their attention and they might look a little harder for a place to put the magnet.

By the way, I love the magnet letter openers as well....a magnet and a tool...gotta love it.

I keep mine on the side of my computer tower next to my feet.

Works perfectly.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The trouble with magnets is that the client becomes blind to them amid all the others.

To help to avoid this dilemma. I use a magnet that has helpful phone numbers on it.

My current magnet has the numbers of: 911, Police non-emergence, Poison control, The White house (just for fun) and slightly larger than the rest, My business phone number.

You can try many different helpful phone numbers or do this with a 4X the size magnet to help it to stand out and get used.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
No offense Dave but that seems like a good idea but I get a ton of them and sports schedules every year and guess what I have no clue which one is on my fridge. I do remember the ones from people who did good work for me, they don't need gimmicks I want to remember them aqnd that is why Melia Fuel, Scott Doble Electric, Reidy Plumbing are there.

when my kid gets raped, poisoned or set on fire I have the number to call 911

I think you and brian miss the point that people want to find ways to remember good service providers, you don't have to scheme

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I agree Greg...The main purpose of the magnet is so when the customer says "Where did I put their number?" it's also good for that "in your face" advertising.
They will see it there at least every once in a while.

I still like the letter opener magnet idea. I use mine constantly but I can't remember the last time I looked at my magnet on the fridge.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
yeah you open alot of letters at a desk with those supplies how many does Mrs Piffleton? It doesn't matter how many times it is a matter of being where it needs to be when she wants to call you

Bjorn

hang out at the rug doctor stand at the store and pass out cards till asked to leave

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We don't have to, everyone can remember 1 800 HAGOPIAN, the magnet on the fridge gives a subtle reminder everytime someone goes in it and it looks cool being a full color representation of our trucks.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Everyone has a fridge and a computer. The regular magnet can go on the fridge and the letter opener magnet can go on the tower...that's probably when she will be opening her mail anyway....and you know she doesn't want to mess up her nails. shiteatinggrin

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Do more of what's working, do less of what's not.

I find the biggest obstacle for most cleaners (and most small biz owners in all industries) is their inability to focus and get anything DONE - they tend to get a little bit of lots of things done. They are starters not finishers. And the fact is, the more you get done, the more results you create.

Here's the focus presentation I shared in the other thread, there is not anyone I know who has created this routine who has not generated more results:

http://www.richcleaner.com/blog/2009/08 ... n-develop/

To be successful you do not need to spend all year to find the BEST marketing idea. A person who executed a bunch of mediocre marketing ideas will create more results than the one person waiting to find that perfect "magic pill" campaign. Movement always outperforms meditation. And many keep themselves busy with asking and asking and asking for that next BIG idea - when if they had taken action on anything they already have, they'd have a lot more cash in the bank.

Execution is the "secret."

Lisa

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I agree doing more is better than doing less but once you find something that is working you need to focus in on those things and fine tune them to get the most out of them. I always held the theory throw enough shit at a wall some will stick. When it sticks fine tune it

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We did these some years back, I think they went over pretty well.

You could write in your own numbers and the magnet was big enough to hold note up without falling off. We switch every so often when something new comes out.

EmergencyMagnet.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom