Only got a RV360 on the truck?

Mike Draper

Jim, it has very little, if anything to do with the jets being to low imo. I belive its an balance issue. as you swing to the left there is more weight on the rear than when you swing to the right so it is cleaning more aggressive. On the right type of carpet with heavy soil I can get it to leave a stripe, and that being a very short, short pile carpet as well. I've got the new head, went and tested it on a carpet I knew it would leave a streak on and nothing. I think the problem is fixed. It only streaked in very few cases anyhow so it wasn't that big a deal.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mike Draper said:
Jim, it has very little, if anything to do with the jets being to low imo. I belive its an balance issue. as you swing to the left there is more weight on the rear than when you swing to the right so it is cleaning more aggressive. On the right type of carpet with heavy soil I can get it to leave a stripe, and that being a very short, short pile carpet as well. I've got the new head, went and tested it on a carpet I knew it would leave a streak on and nothing. I think the problem is fixed. It only streaked in very few cases anyhow so it wasn't that big a deal.

so you were getting some streaking like others were and it took replacing the head to correct it....???

was it because the new head added more stability...??

or do you think the new head added more body to help hold it up a bit more...

IMG_5307.jpg

IMG_5570.jpg

IMG_5575.jpg

IMG_5592.jpg

John Olson

Name
John Olson
There are 31 flavors at Baskin Robbins for a reason. Just because YOU don't like chocolate doesn't mean the 69 other folks who do are idiots. Jim it is OK that the 360i didn't work for you but your attempting to harm Rotovac financially with your statement
If I can save one guy from not wasting his money on one them my job here is done....
is so far out there I hope others see it for what it is as more and more people post the completely opposite of what your saying.

This isn't about me Jim I don't make the Rotovac and until the 360i came out I did my best not to sell them. I probably only sold 1 a year because of all the issues the previous models had. Is the machine perfect nope no machine is. Are there other good machines out there yep. Are there other machines that people pushed that turned out to me complete POS? Yep the Rotary Dri-Master is perfect example and the first and second generation 360 fell in that category as well. Difference is Rotovac has worked fixing the issues as quickly as they could and I am sure Chuck is STILL looking for ways to improve it. What I don't get is, why is continually trying to improve a product is a bad thing?

F

FB7777

Jim,

If you no longer use the 360i put it up here in the garage room you're selling other stuff in there.

Title it POS rv360i with all your warnings

Thanks in advance

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

WOW...little single truck owner operator in the middle of dust bowl Arizona expresses his opinion on something and it will financially harm a big company like Rotovac......thats pretty weak John....

there are certain subjects that bring out the best/worst in people and you found mine...
One thing that I have learned in this industry is that.... the very same industry that expects us to represent them are the very first ones that will stab you in the back and gauge you for every penny you have....

I am here to represent the cleaners and no one else...and there are far more on here that have forgotten more then I will ever know...

IMO..distributors....marketing people and everyone that falls under that umbrella in this industry think that carpet cleaners are dumber then a box of rocks and they can take advantage of them...and when you look around at all the useless garbage that has come out...and the price gouging that plays along with it...it is pathetic.....If you are going to make a product..machine or a tool and put it out there...is it really to much to ask for it to do what it says instead of pushing it and THEN trying to fix it right....I am sure that I speak for some..( probably not all )...but we don't have the time to worry about screwed up pre-sprays and equipment that do not preform like they say they would...we have a company to run and families to feed......

And no...I don't expect everything to work great for everyone...way to many variables out there to play with...and yes..Rotovac sent me spacers to help lift the 360i up a bit...and if you look back I told you it help a bit but the bandaid made it off balance and it vibrated real bad and I had to take them back off...never heard another word since.......

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You know Jim most of everything you said I agree with. I have learned there are a lot of crooked dirty players in this industry. They are headed by people with no integrity whatsoever. The only thing that matters is the sale. This was/is a big reason why I sell or don't sell certain lines.

I am not asking you to change your opinion on how it works but step back and ask yourself why 69 other people think it is the best thing since sliced bread and you by your own volition are trying to keep everyone you can talk to from buying one?

As for building a sub par product and doing engineering on the fly I agree I f'n hate that too. I have also learned a great deal about putting a product into the market place. If you are a small guy with a small budget with a big idea you build it the best you know how and put it out there. As time goes on you learn that a different wing nut makes it run better you put it on.

Now if that little guy spent years trying to perfect his invention and all his money by the time he brought it to market the market will have already passed him.

Not saying any of that is right or wrong just how it works Jim if someone is to survive in this instant gratification world we live in.

Now if you think you can do it better I am 100% positive everyone would love to see you step up and bring a product to market and if it works i'll even sell it :)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am not asking you to change your opinion on how it works but step back and ask yourself why 69 other people think it is the best thing since sliced bread and you by your own volition are trying to keep everyone you can talk to from buying one?

I guess that I am the only one who does not think that 69 people is all that impressive....If I was the only one who has seen this issue then It would be on me..but I am not..there are some here and on other broads that have experienced the same thing....

and part of your statement is not true...you know that I have sent people over to you to buy a 360i.... with what they were running ..the 360i would of been a better fit....I never once said it does not have its place....but on the same side of the coin...I am saying what I am finding and everyone can take it or leave it...most are big boys and can make up there own minds...and I am nothing but another BDCC no better then anyone else...but if by my statements that one guy can see having the same issues as I have...then I helped him save his money.....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I agree with both sides to some extent....

and John has given me the rub a few times when i voice my dislike??? (dunno if thats the word i want to use, but anyway) on products and/or certain services

But I think he (as he just said so) understands the little guys....but sometimes gets caught up (as we all do) in a potential lost sale...hence the rub

I fully back him on the 31 flavors thought though....and to this extent is where I disagree with Jim....there are dozens of tools, to clean 100s of ways, and just because it didnt work for you doesnt mean its a horrible POS....shit i still use the original and it has worked slick for me...would I like a new one...sure who wouldnt, and now it looks like when i need to replace it, they will have taken it to another "upgrade" .....uh hello how many things in our daily lives get "upgrades???"

Mike Draper

Yes jim, I was getting some streaking in very few situations. But it did annoy me. The new head adds more body and stability and seams to clean better. I have cleaed 2 diiferent carpets that I di streak in the past with the old head, the new head left no streaks. I also did a side by side clean on my 80oz. Cut pile nylon with the old head and the newone. I wil post the results nex week. Gonna do some more tests with it.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mike Draper said:
Yes jim, I was getting some streaking in very few situations. But it did annoy me. The new head adds more body and stability and seams to clean better. I have cleaed 2 diiferent carpets that I di streak in the past with the old head, the new head left no streaks. I also did a side by side clean on my 80oz. Cut pile nylon with the old head and the newone. I wil post the results nex week. Gonna do some more tests with it.

Thanks....

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Mikey P said:
No 175 or CRB?

then by all means get this...

gee.jpg

great brush for pre scrubbing carpet or tile.

Don't really need the jets if you already have a Turbo Tile tool, if not then get the vacuum ring too.

Mikey,

Do you use this to pre-scrub carpet? I have a 175 but man it sucks getting out of the truck.

Back
Top Bottom