oohh! I wasn't expecting anyone to be there...

Mikey P

Administrator
Do you pick up the phone on Sundays?

I do if I recognize the name on the Caller ID.

I just made a leaky cat owner's day.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I pick up the phone any day of the week. Even when I am out of town.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
My wife or I always answer the phone. I usually let her take the calls when I’m working because it hard to hear over the noise at the wand. We book allot of jobs on the weekend or early evening. We get our restoration calls between 7-8 Am. We are taking jobs from the companies with name recognition because they missed a call. Call forwarding is your friend.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
yea we love to answer the phone at 9pm..it freaks people out. the long pause then the "i thought i would get a machine" then the i am sorry for calling so late..
its almost a script. we promptly thank them for calling and tell them that we appriciate their business and would gladly answer their call any time of day so they will stop feeling like they bothered us.

Mike Draper

funny you ask.... I never answer the phone on sunday, but today i did. Booked a job from it.

ascrubabove

PM called this mornin at 10:am, toilet overflowed in the condo rental above thiers, told me to charge what I wanted cause the other rental place was paying the bill, picked up the key and arived to find 2 damp bath rugs hanging on the tub and 2 trash cans with a inch af water in them, dumped water in toilet, sanitized trash cans and laminate floor, wrote the bill $100.00 for 15 min of work :D

ASCRUBABOVE why not charge for an emergency service call?
I always charge an emergency service call on any restoration work. I get $249 for just showing up....

G

ODIN said:
kens guys even work on Christmas and Easter Thankgiving

" Ok Sir you want your carpet cleaned on Dec 24 at 12.30 am no problem "

Done a cleaning for a nite club Christmas Day; Cost him 5 times the Normal price; he said he expected that and he didn't mind; he told me he actually braced for about $500 more than I charged him. I love jobs like those; He goes all out rents fans, dehumidifiers, and gets ozone generator treatment for liquor smell.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I just missed a call. Went in to the laundryroom couldn't hear the phone. They leave a voice mail for an area rug cleaning. I call back and get a voice mail, she is a foreclosure rep for wells fargo. She hasn't called back yet. I guess you just never know. Not my lucky day.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
O.K. - I'll be the anti-social one. We never, and I do mean never, pick up the phone on a Sunday. We will return phone calls in the evening, but we don't answer the phone after dinner. Gotta try to have a life outside the business.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
life outside the business is built into the business plan. we are 3.5 years into the 5 year part of the plan. at the 5 year mark we will have the full blown shop..then we will slowly start to reclaim our lives and let the employees slowly take over..in 10 years it wont matter if i come to work or not, things will go on as if i am not there if things go as planed..

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
always...yesterday a wd then 2 hrs after that was done the cops called with a car that needed to be cleaned out
and today ,booked a job for tomorrow....

Name
Eric Valentine
I got a call this morning. Small job on the 3rd floor of an apartment building, and I was the 4th person she called today, after being jerked around by another company yesterday. I was the ONLY one willing to show on a Sunday. I charged my 65 minimum, hauled the porty up 2 flights of stairs, and cleaned her 2 little rooms, and 6' long hall. I think she will be a good source for referrals.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Always, we always answer Sunday or any day.

We just had one Sunday they had a wine spill at a church. The interior decorator wanted to try spotting it right away, it was new carpet.

Looks like it came out, we will check back today.

Carpet emergencies are rare mostly Water with some Fire in there too!

They had 2-water loss Saturday and one Sunday, weekends can unfortunately be busy.

Spurling

I say advertise emergency work with a cell number and leave the rest to an answering machine after hours .. life is too short to be a prisoner to your customers .. besides .. its the price shoppers who are usually the ones who wont leave a message .. some guys are too worried to help these price shoppers not realizing they will be dropped like a hot potato when the next best deal comes along .. focus on long term relationships .. screw the price shoppers before they screw you .. just my opinion

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom