Oops, sorry about that....

Bob Foster

I apologized and she said "Don't worry about it Bob, I know you're always careful around here. It's just an old nothing table.

beforeopps.jpg

Opps.jpg

Finished the job and said no charge today. She wouldn't take that but in the end I prevailed. Gave up a $175 ticket. This lady is a regular and I "own" the building.

So what do you say and do about it?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I looks like a middle school shop project. So I guess you could continue your education and make a new one at the same time.

Bob Foster

Dave Yoakum said:
I looks like a middle school shop project. So I guess you could continue your education and make a new one at the same time.

**** off Brokum...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
you should of known it wasn't made to SIT on, Bob.... :shock:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

that'n looks to be an easy repair though
CA glue and a couple clamps

..l.T.A.

Bob Foster

I did offer to fix it and she said she would have her son do it if she decided to keep it. What appears to not have much monetary value could have quite a sentimental value to it.

It was a very rare event for me to have to deal with it. It was totally my fault. It was hidden behind the arm of the sofa and I slid the sofa and the table got squashed. Even though she felt the need to apologize, which she had no reason to do, I never made excuses or inferred any responsibility on her part.

What clearly saved my bacon was that she saw the care I was taking with everything else and she knew it was an honest mistake and not lack of caring. I probably over compensated by writing off the job but was glad to do it. On that floor alone I have at least 4 other customers. Plus I do the hallways, guest suite and social room for the strata council.

Bob Foster

The before picture was another identical table. It can easily be repaired but she declined multiple offers that I made to take care of it saying her son would do it.

S

sam miller

Your a good guy I dont know to many who say Dont pay even after she insisted not to worry about it!

I mean the first dont worry! are You sure? ya I'm sure! OK TY

But in the end You will make it back! besides the glue gun and the elmers is there if they didnt see You break it!

:lol:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have a wood refinished that we take fire damaged items to, he can repair that to where no one would ever know it was broken. We would have taken it to him and maybe given her a discount for the inconvenience.

The $175.00 was certainly more than fair, the repair would not have been any where near that.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Boob, she probably apologized FOR you.

But don't Fret none. Uncle Brian is here.

Fix the table if you can of course.

But she deserves flowers delivered.....Not by you....by a delivery service.

A card saying "I know I messed up a little in your home so I wanted these flowers to see what a wonderful person you are"

etc.

Fixing the table won't fix her feeling/s ....whether it be for the table or the event.

Flowers with a card will. The effort to do so will show that you are genuine.

Yer welcome.
!gotcha!

Walt

I like your style Bob. You dignified her and her belongings by taking responsibility. That's a class act move.

Bob Foster

Brian R said:
But she deserves flowers delivered.....Not by you....by a delivery service.

A card saying "I know I messed up a little in your home so I wanted these flowers to see what a wonderful person you are"

Flowers with a card will. The effort to do so will show that you are genuine.

Yer welcome.
!gotcha!

Good idea Brian. I think she's quite over it but I think I will take your suggestion. Thanks.

Bob Foster

Mikey P said:
overkill.

now she'll tell all her friends you sexually harassed her.

:lol: I don't think so, she's got to be at least 70 years old. One thing's for sure, she'll never forget me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom