OP machines who makes 'em.

Scott Rogers

Orbitech, Hruby, Challenger, Oreck, CCS are the main manufacture. there are probably a few others out there as well

Ryan

Thanks you just broadened my search quite a bit. I only knew of a few companys.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ryan said:

Are you planning on buying one? Will it be for commercial or residential? Do you want a monster or something that looks professional. Heavy aggression or just enough to get the job done right?

There are people who can help better than searching if you don't know what you want yet.

Ryan

Brian R said:
Ryan said:

Are you planning on buying one? Will it be for commercial or residential? Do you want a monster or something that looks professional. Heavy aggression or just enough to get the job done right?

There are people who can help better than searching if you don't know what you want yet.

Planning on doing hotels with it. Something that can be used by temp workers or inexperienced employees and do a decent job. I may get more then one. My first choice would be to pick up a couple of cimex's but I'm not liking the price.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The Orbot from HOS is super easy to use and is the most pro looking machine out there.

It's pretty idiot proof.....hense the reason I got it. :oops:

But at almost $3000.00 for the whole set up...it might not be what you're looking for.

PM or get Jeremy's behind in here to answer. He's the man for this kinda thing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you're looking for ease of use....get an OP machine with the wheels on the ground while operating.

It's like night and day.

The cool thing about the Orbot is you can flip around the handle and bring the wheels up for more aggressive cleaning.

Scott Rogers

Brian R said:
The cool thing about the Orbot is you can flip around the handle and bring the wheels up for more aggressive cleaning.

You can do that with the Orbitech Defender/CX /Eazy glide models as well. they are also faster and more aggressive plus over 1k less expensive then the Orbot. Orbot does look nicer though, even if it is slower.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I didn't know you could do that with others....but it makes sense.

The biggest reason for me getting the Orbot was the appearance. As long as it worked well...I would pay extra for it....and did.

I know some of the others are harder working....and would probably work better in a commercial setting as well.
I bought the Orbot for primarily residential.....to impress the Laydeez.

Ryan

I'm not real worried about looks. Most commerical custys just want to see clean equipment and well dressed employees. If I wanted to spend 3k I would have went with the cimex's lol. I really would love to get a couple of dual speed 175's. How long do you guys think the learning curve on a 175 used on carpet is?

Thanks Scott I'll look into those.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's generally after the 2nd time you put it through a wall....then you get the hang of it.

OP is easier to use...but can do more damage to a carpet easier....so find your happy medium.

Yeah, for commercial you can find much much cheaper. I would do that too.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I haven't done any damage with my OP but I can see if you don't keep the carpet wet enough or the pad wet enough that it could happen.

I never did any damage with my 175 but I'm sure it could happen with the wrong pad or a similar "dry" situation.

You should call Clark at orbitec. Sometimes he has real good deals on demo units. A CX17 or defender with spray system would make short work of your hotels. If you want to go hard core, then get a CCS brute, it's basically the same as obitec but more aggressive cleaning due to the CCS brush driver.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I'm trying to figure out the advantages or disadvantages of having a Cimex vs. Orbital machine for commercial.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom