OP pads

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I know most of you knuckle heads will give me grief about this.....but I also know some of you have a ton of experience in OP.

Anyway....What's the best OP pad for cleanability, durability, Lookability (I hate ugly pads) and all around best pad or OP cleaning?

Thanks

The good pads will look ugly after awhile. Micro and tuways will Look good , but don't clean as good. The best all around pad IMO is the glad pads by far. But From what I hear they had problems with the last batch, Cottons or cotton blends (thin pads) clean better then glads, but don't last near as long and are to aggressive for some residential carpets..

Besides Glad pads , the next best combination of pads to have, would be Microfibers, (OR Tuways) then throw down a cotton on bad traffic lanes, or if the place is trashed use cottons on the whole thing.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i've only tried cotton, tuway thinone's and glad's...i highly prefer the gladiator pads :!:

they all get dirty.

i put the whiter ones on the top of the pile that i bring into my client's home, if they are there. for me it isn't that big of a deal.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I tried the thin ones that Rick G sent....they hold up good but very hard to work with. Constantly get bunched up under the machine, even if its wet enough AND has a glider underneath. I tossed them aside..

I got Glads from vacaway- They are the absolute worst pieces of junks. They are all torn up- especially in the middle- complete waste of money! :x Only been used on a few jobs and they are in pieces.

My best luck so far is with Superzorbs from Jeff at HOS! They do "gray out" after a few times... that you cannot wash out (meaning they won't be white anymore).
They hold up better then the other ones. I have some that are almost two years old and still work good. They hold A LOT of moisture and clean pretty decent.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
I got Glads from vacaway- They are the absolute worst pieces of junks. They are all torn up- especially in the middle- complete waste of money! :x Only been used on a few jobs and they are in pieces.

Are you sure they were Glads? I see Combo Pads and Durapads on Steve's site but not Glads. I have Glads that have been used dozens of times and they are holding up well.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The Gladiator pads we got from CCSOP have been the best we've ever used.

Not quite as "white" as earlier generations, but are the most rugged yet. They hold far more dirt than some others.

Zalan, Sounds like you got some of that bad batch. ? I hear they fixed the issue and now the glads are back to being great again.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i don't think Vacaway sells Glad's.

not listed on their site.

maybe you are referring to another type of pad Zal.

bigchuckie

Derek said:

Steve sold glads for a bit earlier this year he got part of the bad batch and I think he just doesnt bother with them anymore. Not alot of profit margin for the headache. He was carrying them as mostly as a matter of convience for his custy's

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
bigchuckie said:
Derek said:

Steve sold glads for a bit earlier this year he got part of the bad batch and I think he just doesnt bother with them anymore. Not alot of profit margin for the headache. He was carrying them as mostly as a matter of convience for his custy's

I am pretty sure they were Glads and I am also pretty sure I bought them through Vacaway. Yeah I can't see them on their site now either but perhaps like bigchukie says they took it off.

If they were good pads I wouldn't slam them. They are simply horrible and are all headed to the trash can or to be used as oil change rags.

I know I haven't done as much op as some of you may have (since the beginning of last year 60grand with one orbot) but I could tell that when an op pad works good or falls apart.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The Glad story........The first Glads were supposed to be really good...I wasn't OPing then

Then came a really bad batch....I used those and they were sh-I-it

Then they "fixed" the issue....I bought some of those and I wasn't impressed.

Vacaway stopped selling them. As far as I know they only sell Durapads. the thin loopy ones.

They feel great, look great......Not sure about them cleaning great.....It would be similar to using a glided wand...Like rubbing two ice cubes together.

I've been trying to use the durapads more because I like them so much...But the cleaning part (non aggressive) is what I need....So that's why I started the thread.

I've got a starfiber (microfiber) coming from Swedeclean......So we'll see how that goes.

This is my quest to find the perfect pad....Cleans, durable, aggressive yet not distructive....Pretty would be nice but not a necessity.

chrissalter

I bought some from scrubmeister.com they are good for the price. Vacaway stopped selling glads because they got stuck replacing the crap one's john is selling as econo glads. I like the zorbs but at $20 a pop no way.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't mind spending more for quality.

How did the trifab pads hold up?

Can you give some details?

What is the "tri" in trifab?

G

Hi Brian,
I just ordered pads and got the shipment. What would you consider a fair price? I think the 19 inch finishing pad was $145 per case of 6. These seem like very good quality although I noticed that the 13 inch pad seemed heavier and had better toweling than the 19 inch.
Barry O’Connell
www.OrientalRugTalk.com

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i also bought some pads from steve i believe they were glads. . they still work but are falling apart quickly. the only thing i ever bought from them that disappointed me. :cry:

gene

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Jeremy has a cotton microfiber blend I have wanted to try

Will Judson have a booth at Connections or will there be some one there caring their products

Galds I got from CCS have ben the best pad overall but they all look bad after a while

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
boazcan said:
So, $180 or $200 for 20?

$200.00 for 20 & the free shipping comes as a refund for the actual shipping amount on the pads. The "save a dollar a pad" thing was left from when I sold them 1 at a time... It has now been edited for clarity...

And while I'm at it FREE SHIPPING on all TUWAY Bonnets as well as Snake Skins. This is a great opportunity to save a little scratch.

Alaska and Hawaii I'll give you a sweet deal too:
Buy 3 bundles of Snake skins or 3 cases of Tuway pads and save $30 in shipping.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Oh and if you're on a quest for the perfect bonnet (& everyone will have a different favorite) Cobb Carpet Supply used to have a "Thick & Thirsty" bonnet that was great but only would run on one side... Once it was wet you couldn't flip it but they lasted for a good while.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
They're a bit thinner than the gladiator pads and a bit more aggressive. Cotton, Polyester & microfiber blend. Well worth trying...

bigchuckie

Brian R said:
I don't mind spending more for quality.

How did the trifab pads hold up?

Can you give some details?

What is the "tri" in trifab?
Brian I believe the Trifabs are micro,poly, and cotton combined

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Just got this in the mail today....I'll try it out tomorrow...But I dont' have any dirty carpet....Damn superior OP cleaning!!! :mrgreen: J/k calm down.

MFpad.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Everyone pisses you off.

If any suppliers are watching this thread and want to send me one pad to try out with my orbot feel free to do so. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I received my Starfiber pad.

Really looks and feels good for what I need it for.

I cleaned some clean carpet and it did a really good job....The carpet had SOME dirt in it....but not enough to make an informed decision just yet.

I do like it....so far....better thant the superzorbs.

Jeremy....help a brother out will ya? shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom