Oh lookie..

$2000 for 2.5 hours of VLM work..

Suck it neigh sayers...

Screenshot_20200730-114823.png

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Is that how you receive affirmation on what you earned or didn’t earn? Lol

Btw we were all VLm forever and a day. Definitely has its place and helped us but definitely wasn’t the all in one answer preached to me. Would do things different if starting over but appreciate where we’re at now.

Oh lookie..

$2000 for 2.5 hours of VLM work..

Suck it neigh sayers...

View attachment 101302

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I don't think anyone is saying you can't make a bundle of dough with bonnets (hi-tech or ole skool)
or giving up all pretense of "clean" (if "clean" is defined as removal of foreign) with full blown scrub 'n run encRapoo

what you're demonstrating here is, if it's clean, very well maintained carpet, pret'near anything is "good 'nuff"

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I love the washer, it makes me feel all warm and narcissistic inside...

So Far Mike fell for the one method does it all bs and has the nerve to call me names, giggle.....

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
I love the washer, it makes me feel all warm and narcissistic inside...

So Far Mike fell for the one method does it all bs and has the nerve to call me names, giggle.....

Lol

Sure I was in my 20’s market tanked. Wasn’t looking to develop a business. Had the choice drop 1500 on a challenger package or get my real estate license (already passed the pre test)

Ran with the challenger I only intended to feed my family. But ended busy within couple months and it’s formed in a full restoration company.

Rarely clean anymore, don’t clean windows for a business I purchased. Tbh got bored with cleaning always enjoyed working with my hands. Now looking into development and possibly learning more drafting and architecture work (I’m pretty good with cad from my design/construction years.

So yea I come here with the idea of maybe buying a van and TM a putting a guy out to work.

Unlike u I’ll tell u a fail. I bought vlm hook, line n sinker.

Reactions: hogjowl

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've been more than generous with the folks that actually are professional cleaners come well equipped to deal with any situation much like our friend Ron Marriott..

Willy on the other hand with just a little shitty portable and maybe a 175 for VCT work has no place in an argument about being a professional carpet cleaner...
Actually I heartily disagree. Willy may not have a truck mount but that's a personal choice. It's not because he doesn't have the money to buy him. His portable systems will clean rings around most of us. He uses powerful portables with good heat from his 3600 watt dual cord heater. He has 175's as well as a brush pro for agitation. Yes it's more of a hassle than having a truck mount but he likes it that way. I've worked with Willy and he gets the job done, customers pay him and they're happy. Doesn't get more professional than that.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
A long time ago Vancouver ran out of open space to build houses. Construction of new homes went upwards instead of the single lot, especially in a 10 square mile area concentrated in the area around the downtown core. I saw opportunities. Lots of them. I had taken a year off for health reasons and had sold my customer list so I had a from scratch start. I bought a high pressure ninja and started hunting. It's worked out well for me. I did 2 repeat customers today, made 500 bucks and was home for lunch. My wife and I have enough capital for a comfortable retirement now if I want to pull the plug. I love what I do and I've spent a lot of hours working on improving the systems for those that need to run their equipment electrically. Despite the assumptions you make that I'm a hack, nothing could be further from the truth. I make every effort to ensure customer satisfaction.

Now I don't deny I'm a curmudgeon. Comes with age. I'm pretty plain spoken and always will be. Some don't like what I say, but it needs to be said. Shoot the message not the messenger. I wouldn't get the idea I'm low on equipment. Marriott has a bigger better hoard than I do but I'm well equipped. Yes I have a 175, well 3 of them actually but I like my crb. I was using host machines long before crb's became the latest and greatest. I've got a big pile of pads and know how to use them with a 175.

Sometimes my beak gives or gets grief from the words that come out. It is what it is. I'm honest about how I see things.
20200321_144311_035.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm sorry Willie I'm sure you're the finest professional portable hack in all of Canuckistan...

I'll be very generous and take a gander and say that 80% of your not pet owning high rise work could have been as effectively cleaned and half the time with a Phoenix and some microfibers

Reactions: Willy P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had one today that Willy would have hated. If I had to use a portable, I would have refused it. Would have to bump the portable up the entry stairs, then down another 15 stairs to the basement in this no elevator low rise building. Mind you if he still has his employee, it's not such a big deal. Just much simpler with a tm. I was thinking about the orbital though. Olefin Berber carpet in good shape. Microfibre would be perfect for that.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Lol

Sure I was in my 20’s market tanked. Wasn’t looking to develop a business. Had the choice drop 1500 on a challenger package or get my real estate license (already passed the pre test)

Ran with the challenger I only intended to feed my family. But ended busy within couple months and it’s formed in a full restoration company.

Rarely clean anymore, don’t clean windows for a business I purchased. Tbh got bored with cleaning always enjoyed working with my hands. Now looking into development and possibly learning more drafting and architecture work (I’m pretty good with cad from my design/construction years.

So yea I come here with the idea of maybe buying a van and TM a putting a guy out to work.

Unlike u I’ll tell u a fail. I bought vlm hook, line n sinker.
Buy a minivan, a Phoenix and put a guy to work doing commercial only.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Buy a minivan, a Phoenix and put a guy to work doing commercial only.

We don’t want anymore night work. We have someone that works weekends on our janitorial and that’s enough. I didn’t like the calls in the middle of the night.
At least now it would be a flood and that’s a lot better dough.

May set my in-laws up with our janitorial and windows tho.

To be financially independent by 45 would b nice !

Reactions: Cleanworks

randy

Name
Randy
We need to bring "young Mikey" back from 20 years ago to meet "old Mikey"
[/QUOTE]

Impossible, the young Mikey would already have been permanently banned from the board the Mikey of today operates.

The truth : the older you get in this business, the more your knees and back ache the less absolutes there are.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom