Open Disscussion About Electric TM.

Name
I'm Rick James
I was showing some friends Odins TechnoViking Electric TM... First off I gotta say that his TM are some of the best looking around.

The obvious question is what kind of suction can an electric TM create?

If you run a small generator in the van or run it off the van engine are you able to include more (6-10) 3 stage vac to equal the suction of a 20-25 HP TM?

With the TechnoViking it seems like a route more and more compaines can go with if it can create similar results of a meduim size TM.

With a LG Heater..heats not an issue and if you hook the pump up to the generator it should power the pump.

What are you thoughts...can you truly pimp these out...?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Why use a generator or the vans engine when you can simply plug it it?

Gas savings is one of the benefits of going all electric.

I have an electric (not Terry's) But I don't have enough room in the van as it is.

If you are worried about vac use a booster.

I love my electric!!!!!

Becker

Name
Becker
Is it an electric truck mount if it runs off the vans engine or off generator?

NO!

Terry has engineered a great electric propane heated system.
I've seen one of his older system in action.

No question it has suck, no question it has heat.
And no question all the qualities have been much improved since the unit I saw.

I can't think of a job I've been on in many many years that did not have power on site.

Terry is really onto something..
Even more so as gas prices rise.

But what is the true cost of Propane for a full time cleaner?

So what is the true savings over a heat exchange unit?

Bjorn

the main object is not to need to only run a gen set

only have the gen set for those times you need one no power too far away or really bad weak wiring in the house.

max should be two cords and under total 30 amps

I could make a 10 vac machine but it is not very practical and after awhile you loose mechanical advantage and it becomes a waste

with a cylinder tank and 2 1/2 inch fittings is very efficient with reliable pump out
nordic1electrictruckmountcarpetcleaningtank003.jpg

7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw3yWuVbtUQ7]

7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7AaUDKZmxw7]

7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmYzkTN_4Dk7]

Name
I'm Rick James
I agree he is on to something, I love the wrap he has on it.

Its true you could label it as a hybrid... Some might want to roll with a small generator.

Dave..what size engine TM does your TM compare with?

Bjorn

Please dave show us some pictures of your rig most would like to see it

Name
I'm Rick James
Are those the largest vacuums you can get? I was thinking if you can get the suction similar to a medium size TM they could be HUGH with the right marketing. With gas prices and the reliablity of the machine, it would be more appealing to more and more companies.

Name
I'm Rick James
danielc said:
I love the idea and concept.

But how can you charge top dollar and rob the customer's electric?

Can say the same thing about their water.

Alexander Supertramp said:
danielc said:

No they can't because I watered my lawn everyday in the summer (sometimes for hours) and my monthly water bill was never more than 15 dollars.

Gas and electric is a different story.

If you are charging 25 per room, I can see you getting away with it, but not .35 cents per sq ft or higher.

I could be wrong.

I really like the machine. A LOT.

Name
I'm Rick James
danielc said:
danielc said:

No they can't because I watered my lawn everyday in the summer (sometimes for hours) and my monthly water bill was never more than 15 dollars.

If you are charging 25 per room, I can see you getting away with it, but not .35 cents per sq ft or higher.

I could be wrong.

Just doesnt seem like it would be a big deal....Lots of people run portables, airmovers and so on..

Bjorn

I have never had an issue using some ones power you could say the same

how could you get top dollar using the customers water

I have run into more issues with using some ones water

then I tell them we carry our own water it's just not a problem

Using some ones power is a non issue

Becker

Name
Becker
danielc said:

LOL!

Rob?

So are you saying the cost of your gas is not including in your final bill?

Meaning are your operating costs not being including in your per room or per sq ft rate?

No one is robbing anyone.

Does a contractor remodeling a house bring a generator?
Does a house cleaner bring a solar panel?

No one is robbing anyone.

Besides that.

One cleaner might charge $75 for a whole house and another $400 for the same house.
Is one robbing?

Becker

Name
Becker
danielc said:
danielc said:

I could be wrong.

Move,,, A lot of people in this area do not water thier lawns because of the cost of water in this area.

In my area water is not cheap, and sewer rates are based on water usage, no seperation for lawn, vs what gets flushed down.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I like the idea of an electric TM...doesn't even have to be that powerful.

If it would double a porty's performance at 150 ft...That would be fine.

Most of the work can be done before and after the TM work anyway.

Now if you have the super duper supremo killer TM with all the power in the world....then hell yes use it to blow through everything.

I was considering getting a porty to go along with what I'm doing now....use it when needed.

But if I could get a small Electric TM to hook up in the back of my Tundra....that might actually do some good.

T, are you able to turn the power down to run a dry pre vac from the unit...can you do that at all somehow instead of using an upright?

How heavy is your unit (I think Bawb is sweating)...how much space does it take up...why do I feel gay asking these questions?

Thanks

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Thanks for the complete and exhilarating description of your amazing piece of machinery. :|

How much?

Bjorn

depending on the price of parts and aluminium at time of order

5k to 5.5k

that price includes base unit and waste tank with pump out.

extras would be little giant #2 or #3 which you can buy from les jones

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I was showing some friends Odins TechnoViking Electric TM... First off I gotta say that his TM are some of the best looking around.

The obvious question is what kind of suction can an electric TM create?

If you run a small generator in the van or run it off the van engine are you able to include more (6-10) 3 stage vac to equal the suction of a 20-25 HP TM?

With the TechnoViking it seems like a route more and more compaines can go with if it can create similar results of a meduim size TM.

With a LG Heater..heats not an issue and if you hook the pump up to the generator it should power the pump.

What are you thoughts...can you truly pimp these out...?

I run 3 High performance 3 stages, 500psi pump, auto pump out, and a large diesel heater from my van by generator on half my jobs. I think it would be difficult to electrically power any more than that, unless you start looking into +10,000 watt generators. The most I run this way is 125 feet, although I could probably run a little longer, I would rather set up inside and keep nice performance levels if I can.
Now would you call 125 ft max hose runs equivalent to a medium size TM? I would say MAYBEE a small TM.
I think I am at the ceiling of what can realistically be run electrically.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
danielc said:

Figure 2 fully loaded 20A circuits (20A would probably pop the breaker, but figure worst-case), run for 3 hours continuous, at 11.6 cents per kwh (my local rate) means you have 'stolen' $1.67 from the custy. If they're on a time of use plan, where the daytime rate is higher, it would be more. Here, the daytime rate is 19.15 cents, so you would use $2.76 worth. Petty theft maybe...

Name
Lee Stockwell
Everybody vacuums right? Ever have ANYone complain about using their juice? I'd guess Terry's machine would cost about 29 cents an hour at our electric rates.

We ran electric for years and never had a complaint. On big commercial jobs we'd run 4 cords.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We ran electric WorkMaster Hybrid for years back in the 70's, not as nice as Odin's but it worked great. Propane heat, cat pump, Sutorbilt/dual 3-stage Lamb blowers.

Steam Genie had a feature that would light up green lights when you had two different circuits and was safe to turn on. It was a nice feature, one I wish the Workmaster had back then.

We had no generator just plug and run. If gas keeps climbing Odin could become really popular. :shock:

Name
Nate W.
Doc Holliday said:
We ran electric WorkMaster Hybrid for years back in the 70's, not as nice as Odin's but it worked great. Propane heat, cat pump, Sutorbilt/dual 3-stage Lamb blowers.

Steam Genie had a feature that would light up green lights when you had two different circuits and was safe to turn on. It was a nice feature, one I wish the Workmaster had back then.

We had no generator just plug and run. If gas keeps climbing Odin could become really popular. :shock:

I thought the workmaster's only had 1 #2 blower and 1 3stage lamb vac??? I need to find out what pops did with the other 3 stage vac.... shiteatinggrin

Bjorn

5k to 5.5k

Name
I'm Rick James
Odin said:

5k to 5.5k

$6500 ish...Not bad for a new unit that is pretty reliable. Awesome looking machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom