Operations Manual/handbook for 1999 Vortex

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the operators manul for the 1999 Vortex? Mine seems to have dissappeared. I'm thinking it went up in our office fire.

Thanks,
Ed

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Neither. I own a Vortex. Mostly out of needing a unit quickly as I sold my 2 Butlers the same day, to the same guy and I needed another truck fast. This one was available and close by. We've owned it for almost 2 years and the only real problem we've had is this blower situation.

The Avatar is directed at the industry voodoo that's been around for as long as these boards have existed. And I guess the Vortex does fit into that in it's own way. I've never gotten a job from a pedestrian walking up to my truck in awe. It's just another squirter and sucker. It's been a good truck and I like the rolling bill board aspect of it, but it is not magical. Too many people try to make rocket science out of what we do and it's just not. I've been around since 84 and have purchased and tried so many different products, tools, marketing programs and truckmounts that I can base that statement in fact.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
We don't really do carpet cleaning anymore, so we'd be talking apples and oranges probably. I've been off the truck a while, so I look at things through my owners/managers eyes more so than a technicians or owner/operators eyes. While I want my techs to have quality tools, I have to live in the real world and base tool purchases on praticality, and by that I mean knowing that they will not treat it as their own and will break it or lose it eventually. So we really don't have any special tools.

Marketing for us is focused on relationship building, top of mind awareness and digital presence. Keeping our name out there in front of the folks that feed us work (agents, adjusters, plumbers, property managers) and being very easy to find when the customer is standing ankle deep in water shiteatinggrin

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
for the record

2.5 and highflow are NOT koolaide shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom