opinion about this tm/van for sale

Lonewolf68

I am looking at this used unit on truckmount deals and I wnat the opinion of those who have been around awhile. Would this make a good starter setup or not a good decision? Thanks for any help or advice. here is the details cut and pasted from tmd website: the van is 1993 ford 150

Mileage: 134141
Condition: 1 (1-10)
Color: White
Cargo/Window: Cargo
Reg. or Ext.: Regular
Air Conditioned: No
------------ Other Options ------------
Tow Package with electric braking system already to use

2000 EZ XLT

Hours: 1344
Condition: 1 (1-10)
Engine: Kohler Magnum 18HP
Blower Size: 4ML
Pump: 3CP1120 CAT PUMP
Waste Tank: 75 Gallon
------------ Accessories ------------
This van and machine is in excellent condition ready to clean right now. The van comes with a chemical shelf,fresh water tank,hose reels, 150plus of solution line, 150plus vacuum hose, two garden hoses, wand, ulp. tool, turbo and gekko tile restoration tools, two propane tanks full, 120,000 BTU Little Giant heater for constant heat, hydroforce presprayer, and lots of little extra misc. items. This is a set up ready to go to work right now, I'm wanting to upgrade to a box van for bigger restoration jobs. Van has brand new tires, a brand new transmission, brakes and rotors, and have all reciepts on file.

diamond brian

I'm amazed at the number of vans for sale without a/c. Doesn't it ever get hot up north?

The 1/2 ton van will be sufficient for the equipment you have. The new tranny's a definite +. I've never used an EZ machine, but from what I understand it is very basic and reliable.

I just sold a 93 E-150 in GC with a/c and 84,000 miles. It had a very similar machine, a Steam Genie, in good condition, but no fresh-water tank or hose reels. $6,800 to a gentleman in Indiana.

Trevor Truitt

No ac, I'd pass. But other than that, I can't think of any thing wrong with buying that setup.

If no ac, short wheel base, and questionable dual wand capabilities are ok with you and how you operate; offer $12k. That's what, like two weeks work. ;)

Van would probably be under $3K book, and that tm is about $9k new. With all the other stuff thrown in, I think $12k is about right.

Here is Nick's (EZ) website: http://nickseztruckmounts.com/index.html

The Preacher

how much do you have to invest in a machine that will earn you a good chunk of change every day???

Trevor Truitt

Despite what Mikey said, that unit looks far from banged up. Pretty damn clean and taken care of, actually.

I remembered your previous post about financing and went back and reread it.

Here's the number one rule: Don't buy anything in the fall if you can't absolutely afford it.

That unit you mentioned isn't a great deal if it puts you out of business (or a house, or a marriage).

Wait till spring and pick up one of Duane's (I think it was Duane) reconditioned units and you'd be doing just as well. Again, 3k for the van, 6k for the recon tm, 3k for extras. Same price.

And AC!

I would pass. Regardless of what others have said, I don't agree that a half ton van is sufficient for any TM. You did not say the water tank capacity, but I'll assume 85 for the fresh and 70 usable for the waste tank.
Occasionally, you will have both full (if you fill before you get to a place you can dump) A gallon of water ways 8.33 pounds, so that is 1291 pounds of water alone. Running waste tank empty and just fresh full that is 708 pounds! So that leaves just 300 pounds for you, your machine, chems, and accessories. Granted, half tons vehicles have a higher payload than a half ton...but these vehicles were engineered to be placed under periodic load and not constant. There is a reason that van needed all of those new parts.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
DANG Mikey...that brought a tear to my eyes....however the key word there would be ....

inexpensive...and next time add reliable too!

Back
Top Bottom