Orbital vs. Cimex

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
So I am going back and forth between getting an HOS orbital or a Cimex. I know both of them have their own benefits and I should really have both, but for now I can only choose 1.

If you were to choose 1 unit, which would you invest in, and why?

Who here has the HOS orbital? What do you like or dislike?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Depends on what you plan on using it for.

We have two of each of them, on some jobs we use them all, other times its just OP or just Cimex.

If I were doing 1000-5000 sq/ft jobs I'd use OP, if I were doing ten's of thousand sq/ft most likely Cimex.

A lot of people don't like having to wash pads, it's a little more work than just using the Fiber Plus pads on a Cimex.

Both good tools to have.

Mikey P

Administrator
Two totally different tools Ben.

One actually removes soil to a certain extent and the other grinds it in.

For me, on large commercial I'd take the MEX any day and follow up with a 175 and some cotton pads in the bad areas if you want to offer VLM. Two men make this work real well.

If you specialize in small commercial and work by yourself then go with the HOS

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
why feed the bull shitter Mikey. you know it is a phony self important p[ost

JeffC

Name
Jeff
I've had 2 op machines and sold/traded both of them in favor of 3 cimex machines. (Believe it or not I actually found a sucker in Topeka to trade me. LOL) We mainly clean larger facilities though.
I'd take Mikey's advice and buy a Cimex and then get a good 175 rpm buffer, which is probably the most versatile piece of equipment you can buy. I wouldn't exactly say it grinds the soil in though. With either system you should always vacuum first to remove the dry soil. I'd prefer to think of it as breaking the soil down into small particles so they can be removed through the vacuuming process.
Either way, it works great! (I doubt that I ever will but if I did buy another op machine I'd buy the orbot.)

Jeff Cutshall
SFS/VAST
StrategiesforSuccess.com

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've had 2 op machines and sold/traded both of them in favor of 3 cimex machines. (Believe it or not I actually found a sucker in Topeka to trade me. LOL) We mainly clean larger facilities though.
hey! So I guess I can't count on you for another OP machine? :p

It was actually a a great trade, we each got what we wanted. Me a second Orbot and you a third Cimex. :D

JeffC

Name
Jeff
Probably not. Negotiating with Daniel is just too stressful.
I think the Cimex has spoiled me.
JeffC

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ben to add to our benefits of cimex.. if you are planning on getting into rug cleaning, the cimex with the soft brushes is a hard machine to beat when scrubbing the rug. while a 175 and adjust a glide brush are great too, the cimex is a bit safer IMO especielly first starting out.

Name
I'm Rick James
Hey ben youre not answering PM's? Is there anything we should be aware of with the Apex and van? Also when is a good time to swing by to check out the rug washing plant? I have 5 time slots open this week I can use one of those to stop by, if not let me know so there is no time wasted.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jeff I might need that Cimex back, we just got a contract for 100,000 sq/ft facility.
Clean traffic areas 3-times year, the complete facility once a year. :shock:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I got the best of both worlds for you on this one ! Get a good 175 rpm buffer with a pad driver for bonneting but then get the scrub 3 cimex adapter which will turn your 175 into a cimex. thats the best cheapest route. you could also get a nylon brush and shampoo tank and pimp it out.

CleanEvo

I have a Cimex, and I've used an Orbot... the Cimex makes the orbot look like a toy. But they are different machines. The Cimex is just for scrubbing and encapping, the Orbot does the same, but you can pad with it too.

If you plan on doing lots of commercial, get the Cimex and the Orbot.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i have both.

the Cimex is always used. the Orbot i use on 1-2 jobs per year. for resi i prefer my smaller / lighter Challenger OP.

for my business, the Cimex is king. if my Orbot continues to collect dust i might sell it next year.

but that is no knock on the Orbot, i know some of you guys use yours alot.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Come on ya old big head dufous!! You know I'll never actually buy one... i just like to talk about it- makes me feel BIG like you ;)

Able 1

Name
Keith
brent said:
Is there anything we should be aware of with the Apex and van?

Would like to know this myself... I'll be out there next monday if you want to talk it over, did you ever change the oil?

vonmosher455

The scrub 3 works good but i dont think it can match the production of the cimex and it takes a little more effort to operate also, by the way where does the dirt go?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Able 1 said:
brent said:
Is there anything we should be aware of with the Apex and van?

Would like to know this myself... I'll be out there next monday if you want to talk it over, did you ever change the oil?

Did I ever change the oil.... hmmmm- Trying to figure out if you are being sarcastic or if you are serious....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom